• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
EuBg2JYVkAIzdpI

Wait, they are supposed to be BW and NF right, would they even know about Black Widow?

You know, I don't really remember Natasha having two giant curly antennae on top of her head.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man they skipped over the whole of the 90s and just went right to 2000s. I don't buy that "there are no iconic 90s family sitcoms" - Clarissa Explains It All, Fresh Prince, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, Pete and Pete, Step By Step, Sister Sister - Sabrina The Teenage Witch in particular would have been perfect.

If the Hex is the event that brings Mutants, a world changing event like the Snap and the Blip, I feel like it would have come up somehow in Far From Home, which is chronologically after this show.

Agnes' car looks to be a late 80s style boxy sedan, which doesn't match with the time period too well. Might be an oversight, but might also be a hint that she's still somehow an outside force to Wanda's antics, struggling to catch up to her.
It was a Volvo wagon, those looked like that well into the 90s.

Superbagman

Nov 3, 2017
Huh? First x-men movie is the first x-men movie. It's media res as in all these characters know there were mutants before the movie takes place and you understand this school has been around for a while.

Thru out all of the Movies leading up to Endgame there hasn't been a single mention of mutants. And I said I could go that route too where they can be like "They were here all along." But again it feels cheap. We've had people
In the first movie most people don't know about the school as anything other than a school for 'gifted' kids. Xavier isn't advertising the place as a mutant refuge. Throughout the MCU movies they've mentioned ENHANCED people which doesn't preclude the existence of the mutant gene. Again, just because we haven't seen these things specifically mentioned, we know that people with powers almost certainly exist outside the realm of the movies. So it wouldn't be a stretch--and it certainly wouldn't be unsatisfying to me--to learn that they've been around for a while and only now have started gaining any real infamy or prominence to the general public.

It doesn't need to be super complicated to be satisfying. I'll be honest, if its multiverse related its going to be unsatisfying to me. So shrug, guess we'll have to agree to disagree here bud

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So here is an important question.

Is the dead Vision we saw in Episode 4 real?

When he attempted to leave the barrier, he looked very much alive. I think Wanda is seeing the trauma, but it isn't actually there. We also have the issue with Pietro, I think Wanda saw "Dead Pietro" twice this past episode. Once when he scares here at the start, and the second where we the audience also see it. But this is just part of her imagination, and not real.

Norm and Agnes seemed to see regular Vision too when snapped out.

I think both Vision and Pietro are just constructs - not reanimated bodies, not multiverse people, just creations of Wanda's subconscious. Both of them will fade away by the end of the series.

And I think the assumption will be that Billy and Tommy are the same, and that they'll fade away... but the twist will be that somehow they're actually alive, even without Wanda's reality manipulation. Somehow.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mephisto is gonna be like:
"What you're seeing here, Wanda, is only a mere collection of moments scattered across many possibilities...
One where your brother is alive...
One where you had children...
One where you had a normal life...
But I can give you what you want. You can keep it, if you do your part, what do you say?"

"I say, I'll do it myself."

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And I think the assumption will be that Billy and Tommy are the same, and that they'll fade away... but the twist will be that somehow they're actually alive, even without Wanda's reality manipulation. Somehow.
They're certainly setting something up for them.

Wanda is unable to control the stork, and both children as they grow up.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the first movie most people don't know about the school as anything other than a school for 'gifted' kids. Xavier isn't advertising the place as a mutant refuge. Throughout the MCU movies they've mentioned ENHANCED people which doesn't preclude the existence of the mutant gene. Again, just because we haven't seen these things specifically mentioned, we know that people with powers almost certainly exist outside the realm of the movies. So it wouldn't be a stretch--and it certainly wouldn't be unsatisfying to me--to learn that they've been around for a while and only now have started gaining any real infamy or prominence to the general public.

The plot of the movie literally revolves around the senator trying to create a mutant registration act. The country and the world knew they were out there. MCU they are never mentioned. How is it possible to keep so many mutants under wraps for so long? Because the idea behind the mutants being out there is that it's not just a handful there is a ton. How would they all be able to keep a conspiracy covered up for so long?

It doesn't need to be super complicated to be satisfying. I'll be honest, if its multiverse related its going to be unsatisfying to me. So shrug, guess we'll have to agree to disagree here bud

Blip isn't multiverse related as its all contained in the MCU original universe.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
My honest guess for Pietro is the popular theory of X-Men Universe Peter brought over and given false memories. We've already seen that pretty much everyone has false memories and personas, wouldn't it make Wanda's job a little easier if she could have someone who already had the powers?

(I also hope for this to be true because it could lead to a scene with Quicksilver and Speed teaming up to evacuate a collapsing hex in a scene like the X-Men movies.)

(I personally nominate Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani for the song in a potential modern/2000s Quicksilver running sequence)

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The speculations: Reed and the gang. Mutants. Mephisto.
so if all these theories doesn't fan out. How many will turn against the show because their fanfic wasn't met.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so if all these theories doesn't fan out. How many will turn against the show because their fanfic wasn't met.

lol I don't care how they explain it. MCU is just fun to connect dots and try to figure stuff out.

Like Endgame time travel was the stupidest thing ever and how Tony "just figures it out" but I rolled with it.

It's why Infinity War is the better movie.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
My honest guess for Pietro is the popular theory of X-Men Universe Peter brought over and given false memories. We've already seen that pretty much everyone has false memories and personas, wouldn't it make Wanda's job a little easier if she could have someone who already had the powers?

I'd believe this if Wanda wasn't so suspicious of everything about this Pietro.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
i'm fine if my theories are wrong, i love to be surprised

it is all down to the execution but i've seen nothing so far that makes me question their technique

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Darcy pops up as a waiter in a dinner in the next sitcom episode.

Also Hayward is Billy Butcher now.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I actually think that this is a Pietro from the "next closest" universe (one that fits these criteria: Wanda's twin brother from Sokovia who died fighting Ultron). Like Wanda ran an SQL query on the multiverse and this was the best match, but not a perfect one, which is why some of the details match up but not all of them.

Though, he does know he doesn't look like MCU Pietro, which can really only make sense if it's a memory implant thing I guess.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, the show was again brilliant with working in different era sitcom tropes into the narrative. Specifically, the cut-away gags to the past like the Halloween bit. It's a great use of the real trope to also explore the cracks in this contrived reality, and how Wanda is having a harder time ignoring them.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
I'd believe this if Wanda wasn't so suspicious of everything about this Pietro.
Yeah, I totally get what you mean. My hang up on the theory of Peters playing Mephisto or Nightmare some other kind of malicious force is that I can't see why he'd antagonize Wanda/pry for answers if he already knew them and probably doesn't want her to realize she's being used for her powers.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I'm totes fine if none of my theories pan out.

But I do think that collective fan theorizing has reached a critical mass. It's less likely that the conclusion will be both good and something the fans haven't thought of, at this point.

But I'm fine with that, too. I just hope we leave the "SubvERtInG EXpectAtIONs" bullshit back in 2019.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I stated above that a big weakness big shows like this for me is that my imagination ends up being more satisfying to me than the ultimate reveals.

I'm braced for it though.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This almost certainly seems like the mutants origin story at this point. "Going through the barrier changes your DNA" and there's like a 50% the hex covers the whole planet by the end of the series.

Nah, just New Jersey. "All the mutants come from New Jersey" seems like it might be the MCU zinger they're heading for.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think there's a big danger of that. I remember back in Season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, there was constant, wild speculation, and almost none of it panned out. The wild speculation is part of the fun, being right is just a bonus.

(Anyone else remember when there was a fan theory that the Coulson in AoS S1 was an LMD, and some people even thought he would become The Vision!? That's when I first heard of the character. Wild that he's such an established part of the universe now. Shit, I'm old.)

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a big danger of that. I remember back in Season 1 of Agents of SHIELD, there was constant, wild speculation, and almost none of it panned out. The wild speculation is part of the fun, being right is just a bonus.

(Anyone else remember when there was a fan theory that the Coulson in AoS S1 was an LMD, and some people even thought he would become The Vision!? That's when I first heard of the character. Wild that he's such an established part of the universe now. Shit, I'm old.)
Ward = Taskmaster theory. lol

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I totally get what you mean. My hang up on the theory of Peters playing Mephisto or Nightmare some other kind of malicious force is that I can't see why he'd antagonize Wanda/pry for answers if he already knew them and probably doesn't want her to realize she's being used for her powers.
Perhaps the entity is Nightmare. He antagonizes Wanda so she will engulf more and more of the world. We have been told that to be captured under Wandas spell is painful.
Nightmare is able to torture people who are in a certain state, and under Wandas spell perhaps Nightmare can attack all the people who are in a waking nightmare.
A bigger field means more people for Nightmare to....harvest? Idk what he does with his ability.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My current theory:

It's called WandaVision so I think Wanda and Vision are both equally responsible for creating the Hex. Hayward's video only shows Wanda showing up to retrieve Vision, not what happens after, so I think Project Cataract is some sort of Sentinel project (a sentinel is someone who "watches") to nullify superpowers using Vision's body. So something like Vision is creating the Hex but Wanda's in control of it somehow.

I'd bet that Monica traversing the barrier 3-4 times gives her superpowers, and the Hex otherwise awakens superpowers in young people (probably not a coincidence this takes place in New Jersey where Kamala Khan lives/gains powers in vaguely similar way).

This being Hayward's fault lets Wanda off the hook. After learning about the multiverse through FOX Pietro, she heads off to the Sanctum to learn from Strange about it.

Post credits scene is Pietro is still in the MCU.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So many questions!

Something is definitely up with Pietro, if he's somebody posing as him and also not the X-Men Pietro I hope there is a good reason for why he looks the way he does. He definitely feels like he's outside of Wanda's power.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I think both Vision and Pietro are just constructs - not reanimated bodies, not multiverse people, just creations of Wanda's subconscious. Both of them will fade away by the end of the series.

But if Vision is just a construct, how does that explain Wanda stealing his body? Is she hiding it somewhere? Did she maybe bury him somewhere?

I really hope Wanda is the one who is able to regain control of herself in this show and isn't just a "wild and crazy woman who can't control her emotions" at the end of this. I want her to be the hero of her own story and to accept Vision's death.

I do wonder if there is a bigger player involved here, especially with Wanda not being able to remember how she actually constructed the hex. Or maybe her grief caused her to black out and create it from her subconscious, similar to what you've mentioned.

This show is so fun. Said it before, but I was kind of bored of Marvel movies, but this show has reeled me back in.

Mokujin

Oct 31, 2017
Amazing episode, loved every minute of it. So many meta references, raising the stakes, moving the plot forward, so good.

Wanda looks amazing is the classic comic costume.

Last edited:

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Even though we saw him die three times now, Vision dying always fuck me up. This one was especially hard to watch.
And I'm almost certain that we'll have to endure his death one last time at the end of the show. Goddamnit Marvel, why must you make me feel.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Oh my god they're going too deep into this now

"Kick ass!"

"Kick ass?..."

WOW

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Whatever is revealed in the final two episodes, I hope it's comprehensible enough for casual viewers and not just written for hardcore lore nerds.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I get that feeling too: After the end credits, Age of Ultron is always the recommendation on what to "watch next", and the movie is CONSTANTLY referenced, despite Infinity War being more relevant to the current plot.
Do you know how many people forgot she had a brother? Or how many might remember she had a brother but don't remember that it wasn't Evan Peters?

Watching reactions to last week's episode was funny at how many people were like "oh, its just her brother" not realizing what they were looking at. Age of Ultron is essential watching here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017

"Lost my one good eye"
OMG GUYS EYE MEANS VISION

I feel actually sorry for fans of Marvel TV during that time. Glad it's finally lived up to its potential.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my prediction for how things will end up for Vision

nlp48xvf1elszdy6ms2i.gif
Aw man they skipped over the whole of the 90s and just went right to 2000s. I don't buy that "there are no iconic 90s family sitcoms" - Clarissa Explains It All, Fresh Prince, Home Improvement, Boy Meets World, Pete and Pete, Step By Step, Sister Sister - Sabrina The Teenage Witch in particular would have been perfect.
The obvious one was Rosanne

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
It cracks me up that Marvel pulled off a sitcom/mystery/horror show hybrid starring Wanda and Vision, and people are still worried about how Marvel are going to introduce mutants to the MCU. However they do it, it'll be the best choice. Marvel Studios can do anything at this point and make it work.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This was a wild episode, man that classic quicksilver. Either way we may be getting a speedster out of this

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Ward = Taskmaster theory. lol

Lol, that was the one that never died. I'm sure I bought into that at the time, too, but it sure lasted a long time.

"Lost my one good eye"
OMG GUYS EYE MEANS VISION

I feel actually sorry for fans of Marvel TV during that time. Glad it's finally lived up to its potential.

Hahaha, it was rough. Especially when there actually was the occasional tease, like Fury at the end of season 1. Still, it was a fun time. You're right, though, it's so much better in this new age where things actually fit together (so far).