• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think Vision might make it out. The Hex rewrites things and Vision didn't revert back to his original self (crushed forehead, he was in pieces, etc), so it looks like maybe he wasn't quite ready to come out of the oven? That might also explain what Wanda's plan for moving through the decades is and what happens after modern times. If she only needs to keep Vision in the Hex for a week/seven decades in the Hex to revive him, and it goes away after he's ok?
Was Vision ever really out? It looked like the field was pulling him back piece by piece.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a good episode. Seems like it kills the speculation that Agnes was behind parts of this unless she's playing the really long con. Probably just the head SWORD guy trying to do something with Vision and it escalated beyond their control.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This almost certainly seems like the mutants origin story at this point. "Going through the barrier changes your DNA" and there's like a 50% the hex covers the whole planet by the end of the series.

I was thinking earlier that a small number of people might be affected during WandaVision as part of the Westview Hex just to establish that as a side effect of Wanda's powers, but then a larger event, possibly during Doctor Strange 2, would cause that effect to wash over the world and activate the latent x-gene in random people throughout the world. "No, More Mutants."

That would mean some of the most iconic mutants would be robbed of their years of experience. No professor x, no wolverine, no magneto, et cetera.

But then there's this.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Was Vision ever really out? It looked like the field was pulling him back piece by piece.
So the other things that left the Hex (the cable/jump rope, the drone, Monica) didn't get drawn back into it, but Vision did. That might mean Vision is creating the Hex and not Wanda (she doesn't know how it started, it started after she took his body). That might make Hayward the big bad; he's Vision Cataract experiment caused the Hex, not Wanda.
That would mean some of the most iconic mutants would be robbed of their years of experience. No professor x, no wolverine, no magneto, et cetera.
Magneto and Wolverine (Professor X to a lesser extent) were always going to need some sort of special circumstances because they need to have existed for like a hundred years each, long before the start of the MCU. Whatever they do for the two of them will be different from however the rest of mutants come into existence anyway.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
Something that bugs me is that... if QS is like 17-18 in DOFP (1973) he'd be 66 in 2021... and since MCU is 5 years in the future (thanks Endgame) he'd be 71. So why is a young Fox QC in WV?

QC was not only pulled through space/dimension... but time too?

Characters in the First Class universe don't age the same as characters in the MCU.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mentioned it before but it's so damn weird that we've reached the sitcom era that I was around for. The late 90's/early 00s

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Malcolm in the Middle was perfect for this episode, Uncle Pietro gave me the same vibes as Malcolms older brother did in the show. Looks after them but also causes trouble.

Can't wait to see where this goes

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
5WvBBTP.jpg

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
That was a good episode. Seems like it kills the speculation that Agnes was behind parts of this unless she's playing the really long con. Probably just the head SWORD guy trying to do something with Vision and it escalated beyond their control.

I dunno what side she's on in all of this, but this week's Agnes scene felt like long con. She had too much ability to speak and drive before/after vision "freeing her" compared to everyone else on the outskirts.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I agree. This would be a super cheap origin story. Especially because the thing that makes mutants in X-Men so compelling is not their powers (to me at least), but who they were before their powers manifested and how that shaped their perception of a world hostile to them.

Wanda blipping a bunch of super beings into existence in a world already crawling with super beings would be...really boring.

I still suspect something's up with Agnes. The first impression I got watching the scene, and seeing where her car was, was that she might have sensed Wanda's hold on Westview was weakening and was trying to escape. But whoever Agnes actually is, she wasn't strong enough to break through Wanda's power. She looked like she was actively struggling when Vision found her.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Fans who want people who weren't born with powers to suddenly develop them due to some big event don't want Mutants. They want Inhumans.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
How likely is it that Sokovians would have their own version of Halloween? That seemed like it would be a false memory.
Wanda said she doesn't remember that and she's likely not lying
that flashback is an obvious joke that you would see in malcom in the middle or other sitcoms about foreigners and weird traditions
no one fucking putting raw fish in a bag to kids

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just please tell me there's a reasonable path to Krakoa from all of this. I have to see that in live action now.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017

it's not going to be just the Hex, it's also going to be the Eternals/Celestials, if they use the Hex to create any mutants, it'll just be activating the already present X-gene...

in fact, I bet they don't use the hex to introduce mutants because they are likely going to use Terrigen mist in Ms. Marvel and it's too similar.

Just please tell me there's a reasonable path to Krakoa from all of this. I have to see that in live action now.

Krakoa is the kind of story, like Time Runs Out/Secret Wars, that requires they already establish the X-men and Sentinels etc... it could happen but it's not going to be in the first 5 years of X-MCU stories.

Superbagman

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think we need a big event to make the mutants appear in the MCU, mutants have existed forever, but most people don't know, but now the X gene is becoming more prevalent (maybe snap related, but maybe not) and people begin to become afraid. It's almost literally how it was handled in the first X-Men movie. It doesn't need to be super complicated and it doesn't rob Xavier and Magneto and Wolverine of their long histories.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
So Agnes is not Agatha Harkness?

Cause she would have said something when Vision snapped her out of Wanda's mind control.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we need a big event to make the mutants appear in the MCU, mutants have existed forever, but most people don't know, but now the X gene is becoming more prevalent (maybe snap related, but maybe not) and people begin to become afraid. It's almost literally how it was handled in the first X-Men movie. It doesn't need to be super complicated and it doesn't rob Xavier and Magneto and Wolverine of their long histories.

So Xavier has just had a school for the gifted chilling in new york this whole time and the avengers and shield and any other government agency has never noticed this before? And have just never mentioned them thru the movies because plot reasons?

I mean yea they could go that way but it also feels cheap.

There is not going to be any particularly satisfying way of explaining modern day mutants I don't think. I think the Blip works because you can have these characters doing similar things not related to being mutants before Infinity War.

Oct 26, 2017
The point of mutants is mostly that they're teenagers who awaken with powers. A bunch of trained military people and soldiers who suddenly have powers wouldn't be nearly as compelling. They'd just start superpowered merc groups and probably immediately become villains.

They made a point to add a bunch of children in this episode. It could be that a ton of people are becoming mutants but it won't be apparent until in a couple of years. Maybe children are more susceptible because they're still developing or something. Maybe adults like Monica wouldn't get powers unless they cross back and forth. If Wanda does end up extending the hex across the world, everyone will only enter once.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Agnes' car looks to be a late 80s style boxy sedan, which doesn't match with the time period too well. Might be an oversight, but might also be a hint that she's still somehow an outside force to Wanda's antics, struggling to catch up to her.

It's a Volvo, they kept the boxy look for a long time. At least through the mid 90s.

Also, I'm not sure time references are specific and correct. The marquee playing two movies that were years apart wasn't an accident.

Superbagman

Nov 3, 2017
So Xavier has just had a school for the gifted chilling in new york this whole time and the avengers and sword and any other government agency has never noticed this before? And have just never mentioned them thru the movies because plot reasons?

I mean yea they could go that way but it also feels cheap.

There is not going to be any particularly satisfying way of explaining modern day mutants I don't think. I think the Blip works because you can have these characters doing similar things not related to being mutants before Infinity War.
Just because WE haven't seen SWORD et al monitoring the school, doesn't mean they haven't. And it was fine and satisfying in the first X-Men movie, and this way we can get movies set in the past too.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just because WE haven't seen SWORD et al monitoring the school, doesn't mean they haven't. And it was fine and satisfying in the first X-Men movie, and this way we can get movies set in the past too.

Huh? First x-men movie is the first x-men movie. It's media res as in all these characters know there were mutants before the movie takes place and you understand this school has been around for a while.

Thru out all of the movies leading up to Endgame there hasn't been a single mention of mutants. And I said they could go that route too where they can be like "They were here all along." But again it feels cheap.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Something that bugs me is that... if QS is like 17-18 in DOFP (1973) he'd be 66 in 2021... and since MCU is 5 years in the future (thanks Endgame) he'd be 71. So why is a young Fox QC in WV?

QC was not only pulled through space/dimension... but time too?

Also... I have a theory this is taking place at the same time as the FalcoBuck show. This is like, "Fury's Big Week 2.0".

We don't even know that's Fox's Quicksliver. He could be the big bad in disguise, or just an illusion placed on Peters dead body. It seems there's a decent chance that Vision and Peter are magic zombies.

It seems like he remembers both Peters pasts AND knows current events he shouldn't. It's not as easy as Fox's QS.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
So here is an important question.

Is the dead Vision we saw in Episode 4 real?

When he attempted to leave the barrier, he looked very much alive. I think Wanda is seeing the trauma, but it isn't actually there. We also have the issue with Pietro, I think Wanda saw "Dead Pietro" twice this past episode. Once when he scares here at the start, and the second where we the audience also see it. But this is just part of her imagination, and not real.

Norm and Agnes seemed to see regular Vision too when snapped out.