• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Agents of SHIELD season 4 episode 17 just confirmed that Hydra Soak ad from episode 3 is a reference.....this is wild lol.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Friends and I are doing a midnight group watch. Just found about about that feature on Disney+

Yeah, the Disney + group watch is really awesome. Me and a friend of mine watched Infinity War and Endgame last Saturday and Sunday using it, because she wanted to revisit it after not remembering what happened to Wanda in Endgame, so we just decided to watch both. lol

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm simultaneously annoyed that I'm seriously invested in this show now so I have to stay up late to watch it "live" while on the other hand I'm excited to have something to look forward to.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
Obviously the second season of this show is gonna involve one particular X-Man and it will be called Wanda and the Colossus

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing there will eventually be another season.. maybe something simple just called 'Wanda and Vision'. With Disney+ being a streaming service... seasons with different titles can be grouped up and ordered however Disney wants them to while keeping everything as understandable to the common viewer as possible. Welcome to the new age of streaming... we don't have to follow the 'rules' of the past. Like how Stranger Things seasons on Netflix are basically movie title sequels rather than including the word 'season' in the title.

edit:
Speculation time since I can't wait an hour and need to go to bed before the new episode drops.... because of the Halloween costumes seen in the trailer, I am also thinking she will name herself Scarlet Witch maybe after scanning Pietro's mind and discovering an alternate version of herself or something (assuming Pietro is actually the one from the fox universe and just because we don't see Scarlet Witch in the Fox universe doesn't mean she doesn't exist there). Pietro may have been plucked out of the 80's time period perhaps right after the events of X-men apocalypse.

Maybe even splitting that timeline in two where now we have 'Peter' from apocalypse which is canon and 'Peter' from Dark Phoenix which could still exist in a separate timeline now... making Dark Phoenix less directly connected. I am also interested to see if there will be some sort of Magneto reference or even cameo because of lose ends with Quicksilver's storyline at the end of Apocalypse. If Magneto comes into the MCU universe from the multiverse, maybe he could also be plucked from the 80s right after apocalypse as well which would keep him from being an old man in the 2020's. Disney could also reboot Dark Phoenix that way by splitting the Fox timeline in two (technically three due to the events of days of future past already splitting the Fox timeline). Also Mutant powers can easily be retconned in the MCU.. at least for Wanda.. comic book origins get retconned all the time.

ahh man.. now I can't sleep.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think that this week's episode is going to be just as long as last week's episode?
I think we are done with the 20-30 minutes episodes.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I remember the rumour at the time that Marvel and Fox had a gentleman's agreement; one would focus on Quicksilver, the other on Scarlett Witch.
Except the original plan for Days of Future Past was for Juggernaut to charge through and free Magneto.

Hence the "I know a guy," line. It would make sense, Logan had encountered Juggernaut in X-Men 3 thus would think of him.

The script changed to Quicksilver after Marvel was adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to Age of Ultron.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Except the original plan for Days of Future Past was for Juggernaut to charge through and free Magneto.

Hence the "I know a guy," line. It would make sense, Logan had encountered Juggernaut in X-Men 3 thus would think of him.

The script changed to Quicksilver after Marvel was adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to Age of Ultron.
Huh. I never even thought about or noticed Juggernaut's absence in the movies after The Last Stand until now.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017

That would theoretically have been kind of cool.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Watching days of future past for the first time to catch up on my Quicksilver lore, I was amazed that they left him behind after the prison break. It felt one of those things that happen because the movie need to exist because a dude that can stop time and pretty much do whatever he wants is like the ultimate problem solver in any mission.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

That does make sense, but both could be true where Fox quickly put Quicksilver in the movie because they also wanted to assert their ownership over the character and while the movies were being made (with the potential that they may both have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in both series going forward), they came to the agreement that Marvel will kill of Quicksilver by the end, Fox will cut their easter egg hinting at Wanda also being Peter's sister, and they'll split the duo up to not have to worry about the other stepping on their toes.

I'm really curious how the Skrull thing also seems like it might have played out in the same way with Fox supposedly trying to put them in Dark Phoenix since Marvel wanted to put them in Captain Marvel, but somehow Marvel ended up getting things to work more in their favor.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That does make sense, but both could be true where Fox quickly put Quicksilver in the movie because they also wanted to assert their ownership over the character and while the movies were being made (with the potential that they may both have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in both series going forward), they came to the agreement that Marvel will kill of Quicksilver by the end, Fox will cut their easter egg hinting at Wanda also being Peter's sister, and they'll split the duo up to not have to worry about the other stepping on their toes.

I'm really curious how the Skrull thing also seems like it might have played out in the same way with Fox supposedly trying to put them in Dark Phoenix since Marvel wanted to put them in Captain Marvel, but somehow Marvel ended up getting things to work more in their favor.

Except that Quicksilver in the MCU was killed as a Whedon death. He loves killing characters you expect to be important.

See also... His desire to have the actor who played Jesse be in the opening of the first Episode of Buffy...

His killing of Tara in the first episode she was listed in the Buffy titles.

His killing of both Book and Walsh in the Serenity movie.

Colson!!!

Joss Whedon loves killing characters for shock value alone.

Perhaps there was some sort of agreement about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver between Marvel and Fox somewhere but in my opinion it didn't have anything to do with Quicksilver's death, that was just a Joss Whedon trope.

They even filmed the final training scene two ways with Quicksilver being there.

To me the original script of Days of Future Past having the Juggernaut. And Perlmutter being a massive dick trying to write out the X-Men after makes it just a massive dick waving contest that hurt everyone.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
iu

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Watching days of future past for the first time to catch up on my Quicksilver lore, I was amazed that they left him behind after the prison break. It felt one of those things that happen because the movie need to exist because a dude that can stop time and pretty much do whatever he wants is like the ultimate problem solver in any mission.

I think Evan Peters also had tight schedules during the filming of all Xmen movies. That's why he seem so absent. He was originally in the original ending of Dark Phoenix but couldn't make it for the reshoots of the new ending. That's why he just disappeared with no explanation.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I think Evan Peters also had tight schedules during the filming of all Xmen movies. That's why he seem so absent. He was originally in the original ending of Dark Phoenix but couldn't make it for the reshoots of the new ending. That's why he just disappeared with no explanation.
Yeah he was probably filming AHS or something at the same time

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Except that Quicksilver in the MCU was killed as a Whedon death. He loves killing characters you expect to be important.

See also... His desire to have the actor who played Jesse be in the opening of the first Episode of Buffy...

His killing of Tara in the first episode she was listed in the Buffy titles.

His killing of both Book and Walsh in the Serenity movie.

Colson!!!

Joss Whedon loves killing characters for shock value alone.

Perhaps there was some sort of agreement about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver between Marvel and Fox somewhere but in my opinion it didn't have anything to do with Quicksilver's death, that was just a Joss Whedon trope.

They even filmed the final training scene two ways with Quicksilver being there.

To me the original script of Days of Future Past having the Juggernaut. And Perlmutter being a massive dick trying to write out the X-Men after makes it just a massive dick waving contest that hurt everyone.
Yeah the fact that they had an alternate ending with Quicksilver still alive and part of the new Avengers line up, even even the quick way they killed him off but barely even had anyone but Wanda and Clint acknowledge his death, seems like they weren't all-in on the idea from the beginning.

Just because Whedon like to kill off characters for shock value doesn't meant the two things are mutually exclusive. Killing Coulson is not the same as killing a brand new Avenger, especially when he knew that Coulson would be getting resurrected in Agents of Shield, which he was Executive Producer on.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah the fact that they had an alternate ending with Quicksilver still alive and part of the new Avengers line up, even even the quick way they killed him off but barely even had anyone but Wanda and Clint acknowledge his death, seems like they weren't all-in on the idea from the beginning.

Just because Whedon like to kill off characters for shock value doesn't meant the two things are mutually exclusive. Killing Coulson is not the same as killing a brand new Avenger, especially when he knew that Coulson would be getting resurrected in Agents of Shield, which he was Executive Producer on.
That's fair.

But it's sus.