• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Wanda and Vision are the names of the lead characters.

Yes, but the name WandaVision would not work for something that is not rooted in television and its history

If there is a sequel, it would be renamed almost assuredly if they don't return to the sitcom concept (which I am fairly certain they won't).

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if the cameo is...
tumblr_oc46wx7ZgZ1scncwdo1_540.gifv

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: a lot of speculation about Agness being evil hinges on the fact that she is trying to make Wanda comfortable in Westville, but let's say she is Agatha Harkness; maybe from her point of view, the world is safest with Wanda hijacking just one town instead of spiraling out of control.
Let's say she helped Wanda create the sitcom, despite the thousands of hostages, that might have been the best solution as opposed to a rampaging angry Scarlet Witch.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
In the old days, witches were accused of "laying with the Devil" or marrying him. What if Agnes's husband is Mephisto and she introduced Wanda to him and set up the whole deal with the devil?

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
You really can't get more shocking than an X-Men from the Fox universe.
I disagree. There's one cameo that would break the internet, but there's literally no reason to do it other than just for the hell of it. And if we're doing the whole Luke moment comparison, the Luke of the MCU is RDJ. But that would be dumb.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. There's one cameo that would break the internet, but there's literally no reason to do it other than just for the hell of it. And if we're doing the whole Luke moment comparison, the Luke of the MCU is RDJ. But that would be dumb.
RDJ would be cool to see but we literally saw him 2 movies ago, him showing up as a vision or something isn't really shocking.

This Quicksilver appearances isn't just a cool cameo, it completely changes the MCU as we know it.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
SWORD having Visions body could definitely also be a genesis point for a sentinel program, whenever that happens.
I think Sentinel will come from IronMan tech. Remember in IronMan 1 when Stane want to make mini arc reactor to replicate IronMan suit and his scientist say he couldnt do it? Well, if you can't make small Arc Reactor to fit into human sized suit. Let's make a giant robot powered by the huge Arc Reactor.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I love the scene in episode 5 where Vision goes to the office and just ignores almost all of the tired sitcom jokes that Norm is spouting, he just seems so over the entire Westview experience at this point. How Vision's character is going to progress is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
So i watched the first 2 episodes when they came out, but I wasn't really feeling the whole "sitcom" hook. Does this get any better?
Yes, because the hook was never to just be a sitcom pastiche. The sitcom framing is part of the characterization.

There is stuff outside the sitcom framing and it collides more and more with the sitcom stuff the further into the series you get.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Why are people expecting another shocking cameo? Pretty sure we just got that...
Because Paul Bettany mentioned some great scenes of his near the end of the show with an actor he's always wanted to work with and has admired and no one can really see anyway that is Evan Peters.

"So many things get leaked, but there's this thing that has been completely under wraps that happens," he said. "I work with this actor that I've always wanted to work with, and we have fireworks together, the scenes are great, and I think people are going to be really excited."

"I've always wanted to work with this guy, and the scenes are pretty intense!" Bettany continued.

Current bets are Richard E. Grant (who is playing someone in the Loki show but could be introduced here) and since the Quicksilver thing some people seem to think it's going to be either Sir Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen.

Could it be Evan Peters? Sure, but I think it's someone else.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Because Paul Bettany mentioned some great scenes of his near the end of the show with an actor he's always wanted to work with and has admired and no one can really see anyway that is Evan Peters.

Current bets are Richard E. Grant (who is playing someone in the Loki show but could be introduced here) and since the Quicksilver thing some people seem to think it's going to be either Sir Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellen.

I just assumed Bettany was talking about Cumberbatch. Can't remember if they had any scenes together before.

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

He worked with McKellen before (I'd have to look up the movie, tho)

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A Youtuber I've been following for episode/easter egg breakdowns (The New Rockstars) has speculated a few times about Ian McKellen showing up as Magneto, and I can't possibly see how or why they would do that. If the X-Men are really several years away in the MCU, it would make zero sense to have McKellen show up right now as Magneto, since the part would almost certainly have to be recast when it comes time to bring in the Mutants. (And I don't for a second believe that they're going to leave Magneto out of the MCU X-Men movies.)
IF they brought Magneto in now, (And that's a mad-sized IF,) they would certainly want to cast an actor to play him that could be around for a while.

Now, could they do it? Sure. Multiverse handwave yadda yadda yadda. But I don't see why they would.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's totally gonna be Patrick Stewart cause of what Patrick Stewart said

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
The ending of the last episode made me rewatch the quicksilver scenes from x-men apocalypse and made me think he has more story to tell. I think Marvel Studios wants to continue his story... especially his relationship to Magneto since he responds to Storm about how may tell Magneto about his parentage 'some day'... I haven't seen Dark Phoenix so I don't know if his storyline was expanded there or not. WandaVision may be the perfect opportunity to develop that storyline.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had always assumed that Feige would want to re-cast all mutants and start fresh in the MCU, but it never occurred to me that he might have a soft spot for the Fox universe since the original X-Men was his first big producer credit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I had always assumed that Feige would want to re-cast all mutants and start fresh in the MCU, but it never occurred to me that he might have a soft spot for the Fox universe since the original X-Men was his first big producer credit.

He still will mostly recast, I'm sure. There might be one or two multiverse holdovers but you're not gonna see an 81-year-old as the primary Magneto in the MCU in 2021. I love Ian and I think he's a wonderful actor but we won't even see an X-Men movie for four or five years.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Feige is Thanos and maybe Xmen is his OG vision. We will see every existing character becoming a villain and the Xmen killing them off to turn MCU into Mutant Cinematic Universe. Then Feige will retire to become a farmer.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
They should also change Magneto's origin. Instead of WW2, they could say he's from the former Yugoslavia and lost his family during the Yugoslav War without knowing that his children survived and were adopted to a family in Sokovia.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
They should also change Magneto's origin. Instead of WW2, they could say he's from the former Yugoslavia and lost his family during the Yugoslav War without knowing that his children survived and were adopted to a family in Sokovia.

We've talked about this so many times. A lot of people, myself included, feel its important to keep his Jewish heritage and the Holocaust, especially in current times.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
We've talked about this so many times. A lot of people, myself included, feel its important to keep his Jewish heritage and the Holocaust, especially in current times.

Understandable, but how can they keep the holocaust aspect without him being 90+ when he debuts? A parallel world where WW2 only happened 30-40 years ago?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My friends. There will be no Sentinels, no mutants, no Fantastic Four, etc.

You are reading way too far into it.

At best we are going to get Mephisto or Nightmare and hints at a multiverse to set up the second Doctor Strange movie.

As an added possibility we might get Vision back.