• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
This show is so good, you guys.

This thread is crazy though. I can't watch until after work, so I get home and watch and the damn thread is forty pages ahead of where it was.

Weird note props for Norm in the last episode spoiled what happened to him in this one. Perhaps what went down was meant to happen earlier.
That is bizarre. An actual error?

Did anyone mention the dishwashing liquid and if it has any significance?

When the boys wash the dog, they appear to have used joy dishwashing liquid. Then at the end of the episode, Vision washes his hands in joy dishwashing liquid at the same sink. And there is a close-up of him lathering up.

If there were other references to the liquid in earlier episodes, I overlooked it.
I just think it's weird that Vision comes home and immediately goes to the kitchen sink and washes his hands for no apparent reason. And with dish soap? Is that a thing real people do?

Edit: Oh god, I'm an idiot. He didn't just get home, he came in from the backyard at night. He probably just finished burying the dog.

Maybe this was already discussed here but fuck reading almost 30 pages lmao, anyway, what Wanda did with the barrier when she enters after threatening S.W.O.RD?
It had some weird red effect because her powers, it looked like she changed something there, maybe it is impossible to pass through the barrier now? Idk.
I haven't seen any discussion on it but yeah I think she changed something there. It lost its "generic" TV distortion and turned all red, spreading out from where she touched it.

I loved how Vision mentions that the house keeps changing, and how the kids mentioned that it was Saturday that morning, showing how the format itself has become part of the storytelling.
Someone upthread pointed out that the way the day jumped ahead to force Vision to go to work was probably Wanda dodging another argument with him before she tried the same thing with the credit roll.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
As a total outsider, I'm impressed how welcoming this is to someone who hasn't seen a Marvel anything ever in my life.

I hope it continues this way. All the extra stuff has been explained well enough for me to follow along so far.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a total outsider, I'm impressed how welcoming this is to someone who hasn't seen a Marvel anything ever in my life.

I hope it continues this way. All the extra stuff has been explained well enough for me to follow along so far.
Man I envy you. You should go back and watch all the movies in release order. Not like much other shit is coming out this year. Just pound one a week, 6 straight months of entertainment.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
When Pietro told Wanda who he was and they hugged, even in the hug she seemed very confused.

She even told Vision "I didn't do that, " both simultaneously admitting that other interruptions were her (Agnes, Credits, Jump Cuts, etc) and this one she was unaware of.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
I would, but I don't enjoy superhero movies. I saw the trailer for this and I felt like I had to watch it. Sadly, I doubt I'd watch anything else.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

This is pretty remarkable. I wonder if you're in the minority of people that haven't watched any MCU content but is following everything and enjoying it.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
this episode, damn. Every time the facade dropped it was was fucking creepy, like when Agnes asked if they should take it again. I was not expecting her to leave the neighborhood and confront Sword, either.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
This is pretty remarkable. I wonder if you're in the minority of people that haven't watched any MCU content but is following everything and enjoying it.
I must be. I have literally never seen a Spider-Man or what have you. I know Batman is DC, and that's different. The trailer for this show just got me. It looked like it's about a woman's grief manifesting in a truly bizarre supernatural manner. I've loved it so far and I love that it hasn't kicked me out yet. They do well to explain just enough to understand her backstory.

megadarve

Oct 27, 2017
That is bizarre. An actual error?
wandavision-awakened-1254969.jpeg

Probably didn't count on people zooming in on the screens, or forgot about this prop in the last episode. Pretty minor I guess? lol

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must be. I have literally never seen a Spider-Man or what have you. I know Batman is DC, and that's different. The trailer for this show just got me. It looked like it's about a woman's grief manifesting in a truly bizarre supernatural manner. I've loved it so far and I love that it hasn't kicked me out yet. They do well to explain just enough to understand her backstory.
You might enjoy some of the other films more than you would think.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, credit to the marketing team I suppose. My impression of the show was that it feels very Marvel fan centric but apparently not. It doesn't bother me as a Marvel fan, but yea

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think this is going to lead to bringing back McAvoy, Fassbender, and as we've already seen Evan Peters. I get the feeling they're going to pick and choose based on fan reactions to some of the Fox X-Men movie characters from First Class onwards.

I could see a "House of X /Powers of X" style interpretation where, instead of having the ten lives of Moira McTaggert, they instead bring over a Professor X and Magneto from a world where the dream failed and mutants were wiped out (Charles's final moment perhaps sending his memories of the "Logan" timeline back to his younger self?), forcing them to start over with the MCU doppelgangers of the mutants they knew in the Foxverse.

It would also be an interesting way to dodge the issue of Magneto's age.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Which one would you recommend? Just one.
Oof, they've spread out a bit where they're half-stepping into other genres while keeping the other foot in the same "neighbourhood" so that they can still all feel connected. It'd be hard to pick only one now that there's several good ones. It also depends on what kind of stuff you like.

But WandaVision is easily the weirdest, most character-driven thing they've made so far (and is quickly establishing itself as one of the best).

Fake edit: Actually, the Iron Man recommendation isn't bad; it's the one that started it all and it's still a mostly solid movie, though the third act is a bit weak.

Nick

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if this has been discussed but is there any significance to Monica's medical test results? They were brushed aside very quickly but I thought something was up there.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
So what are the odds that chunk of New Jersey is both time displaced and universe displaced? The reason mutant Pietro appears is because it's the 80s, and Westview is currently in the Fox X-Men universe?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So what are the odds that chunk of New Jersey is both time displaced and universe displaced? The reason mutant Pietro appears is because it's the 80s, and Westview is currently in the Fox X-Men universe?

Westview definitely isn't in the Fox universe. If that is the Fox Quicksilver, he was pulled from the Fox universe into the MCU.

Given that next week is likely to be the 90s and we'll see Quicksilver in the 90s, I wouldn't worry about the time frame. The decades in which the Fox movies took place aren't important.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
This was a super fun episode. Vision and Wanda arguing while the credits were rolling was super unsettling.

Agnes is suspect as hell, and now seeing how "Norm" was woken up by Vision her and Herb being aware of what was really going on in the third episode ending seems very fishy.

The spell definitely isn't foolproof, even the passing mailman in this episode talked to the kids like he knew something and Wanda gave him a look

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

The snap in Endgame made everything wibbly wobbly timey wimey splitting into alternate universes and probably timelines isy guess.

Oct 31, 2017

That's Feige and Marvel's true genius to be honest. They have every single project be able to stand on its own merit with enough background for people who are not vested in the whole universe to follow along, but at the same time give enough to people who are into it to nerd out. Feige has talked about this, both as a producer and as a consumer, but it's very amazing how they pull that off every time.

You get some hardcore fans complaining since they "know" everything but for the most part most people end up enjoying what they watched whether they have watched previous Marvel Studios projects or not.

Which one would you recommend? Just one.

Just one? I would say Iron Man, the one that started it all.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
That's Feige and Marvel's true genius to be honest. They have every single project be able to stand on its own merit with enough background for people who are not vested in the whole universe to follow along, but at the same time give enough to people who are into it to nerd out. Feige has talked about this, both as a producer and as a consumer, but it's very amazing how they pull that off every time.

You get some hardcore fans complaining since they "know" everything but for the most part most people end up enjoying what they watched whether they have watched previous Marvel Studios projects or not.

Just one? I would say Iron Man, the one that started it all.
Yeah, I'm truly impressed. Really great show so far.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't think Fury, Shield, or Sword had the Avengers do some kind of debriefing and talk through what went down?

Of course I do, but to give a play by play so that normies know exactly what happened and who could've taken who down but for whatever is a bit much.

I am definitely thinking now that Monica might already have had powers to begin with, and her mother's death might be a way of explaining why she wasn't present in Endgame's final battle maybe.

I'm imagining a final big fight scene for WandaVision with Wanda, Pietro, Vision, and Monica all letting loose... ah I'm too excited.

There's no reason to believe Monica either has powers or would have been recruited to fight Thanos.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So y'all think Evan Peters' Pietro is here to stay as the "new" Quicksilver of the MCU?
Or is he really just a guest star for this series specifically?
I honestly prefer to have Aaron Taylor Johnson to come back if they do plan to definitively revive Quicksilver in the MCU.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
So y'all think Evan Peters' Pietro is here to stay as the "new" Quicksilver of the MCU?
I honestly prefer to have Aaron Taylor Johnson to come back if they do plan to definitively revive Quicksilver in the MCU.

He's sticking around 100%. And there will almost certainly be more actors from the Xmen movies coming too.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Interesting on how when they were getting a briefing on her past the question was pressed if she had any special nickname. I'm surprised they had restraint and didn't try to force-coin "The Scarlet Witch" there.
Absolutely :D

I guess Agatha will have some kind of Red Witch title and Wanda will get hers out of that or something. Scarlet Witch is such a weirdly unnatural name to just coin with a few throwaway lines.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He's sticking around 100%. And there will almost certainly be more actors from the Xmen movies coming too.

Not sure how you could ever call this a 100% thing. He'll be here. And perhaps in a multiverse Secret Wars team-up movie.

But they're not going to overly confuse the MCU with tons of actors from the X-Men films. The MCU will still be rebooting X-Men in their own way.

Any Fox characters will be cameos or minor characters.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
No nonono no please God no. ATJ or bust. I'll allow the guest starring for this but that's it.