• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like this episode in particular is getting more talk than the previous ones. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they keep this momentum going for the second half of the season.

This episode got me hyped as well the way they were openly talking about how Wanda could rewrite reality now

The possibilities...

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can't freaking believe that this was how they introduced the multi-verse. An X-Men character replacing the Marvel version of the same character. I can't stop smiling about where they might go with all of this.

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like there needs to be a retroactive ban on everyone who """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""speculated""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that evan peters was going to be in this

just a little one

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Maybe I'm looking for connections that aren't there, but the drone scene outside between Wanda and Sword seemed very reminiscent of the Magneto scene from the first X-Men movie with Magneto, Professor X and the cops.
www.resetera.com

WandaVision | Paul Bettany is in this | Fridays on Disney+ OT

Same for me. I mean, there are ways to logically work out how the characters would know. But the whole Woo going, "well actually, some people think Captain Marvel could have bla bla bla..." really just came off as the show acknowledging fan debate, because it's one thing to know the details of...

Flanker358

Oct 25, 2017
man I wanted to give Hayward benefit of the doubt but this episode clearly indicates something's up with him.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the recap showed the fins of a shuttle being worked. I'm throwing my hat behind Reed Richards being the engineer.

This show is so good at throwing all sorts of new mysteries at you while not feeling gimmicky or overwhelming.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what Marvel/Feige have to do keep people from doubting by this point. People are afraid of the quality of Falcon and the Winter Soldier because of how good Wandavision is?

History keeps repeating itself yet people keep doubting. Weird as fuck.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with others that Mackie is cool and all but not really interesting to me in his roles thus far enough to bring me to FaTWS. But there are other things that could pull me in with that show

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Y'know, I'm starting to wonder why they chose to explicitly describe Wanda's powers as telepathy and telekinesis. In Age of Ultron her powers were described as "neural electric interfacing, telekinesis [and] mental manipulation", but then in Wandavision she straight up took over the minds of like a dozen armed soldiers. I don't think she has ever done something like that before.
Funny enough that's what the screen behind Jimmy Woo that had her dossier described her abilities as, as well.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crossbones tries to blow himself up in the middle of a street and Wanda gets the blame for the attack for not being able to shield the explosion long enough

Director of sword will be the real villain

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
People are afraid of the quality of Falcon and the Winter Soldier because of how good Wandavision is.

Holy shit, for real? LMAO. That's fuckin' funny.

I agree with others that Mackie is cool and all but not really interesting to me in his roles thus far enough to bring me to FaTWS. But there are other things that could pull me in with that show

Asking honestly, was there a lot about Wanda and Vision in the movies that drew you in? I know a lot of people say those characters weren't memorable at all, either. (Although I liked them.)

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Holy shit, for real? LMAO. That's fuckin' funny.

LMAOOO. People are gonna eat it up, it's gonna be a political thriller with the typical MCU action. That's why it was originally suppose to release first imo. It's going to be a fun ride. Super excited for Loki too

I mean just look at the last trailer

shit gets me hyped

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
It wasn't surprising to most people privy to speculation + the casting got leaked. I'm still not convinced this is the "MCU Veteran cameo" either.
Well yeah, because there's only one really obvious choice that this show needs
8b9w5jentps21.png

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Asking honestly, was there a lot about Wanda and Vision in the movies that drew you in? I know a lot of people say those characters weren't memorable at all, either. (Although I liked them.)
Basically I'm saying its a similar with this show. The whole surreal comedy concept was what brought me on board for this one originally.

With FaTWS I don't really have that draw, so I'm just going to be waiting for more info on that show.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Wife and I just screamed so hard at that ending that the fussiest cat came to check we were okay, and we were concerned the neighbors might call the cops.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like there needs to be a retroactive ban on everyone who """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""speculated""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that evan peters was going to be in this

just a little one
Lol. Bruh. If you Googled Wandavision Peters was on Googles " Knowledge Panel " cast list before ep 1 even aired. Along with some other upcoming cameo's as well.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Monica is already exhibiting powers, right? He absorbed the x-rays they tried to take of her

Last edited:

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, because there's only one really obvious choice that this show needs
8b9w5jentps21.png

I'd get some satisfaction at seeing what the real Mandarin did to poor Trevor after the short they did in Shang Chi.

Shouldn't we be getting a trailer soon for Shang Chi anyway? That movie is supposed to come out (Covid willing) in like 5 months.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LMAOOO. People are gonna eat it up, it's gonna be a political thriller with the typical MCU action. That's why it was originally suppose to release first imo. It's going to be a fun ride. Super excited for Loki too

I mean just look at the last trailer

shit gets me hyped

It can even be shit. Still, there are ZERO reasons to suspect that because of the incredible track record.

I imagine these guys after Hulk punches a fucking Leviathan in the face and then they do the Circle in Avengers going "omg, it's over, they aren't ever doing anything like this ever again".

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see why there is any doubt that FaTWS will live up to the Marvel standard.

If anything, there is a real opportunity for some sweet Winter Soldier knife fights.

Mackie is great too, he just never had a ton of spotlight and was mostly a side character to Cap.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people don't pay attention to those kinds of reports. I certainly didn't. I tried to avoid as much info about the show as I could beyond its ties to future movies.

I certainly didn't go looking for that info, even disregarding people talking about it on Era, it showed up in my feed at one point :(

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why there is any doubt that FaTWS will not live up to the Marvel standard.

I don't think anyone is saying the show will suck, not even close. Just that it has a big act to follow if WandaVision sticks the landing, as going from something with such an interesting premise (and mystery angle) to what seems like standard MCU fare ain't for everyone.

Of course, the flip side can be true, in that there is likely far more people interested in FatWS because of it looking more focused on action.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so pissed I got spoiled on Evan Peters last week. I was looking up reactions for episode 4 and all of a sudden his thumbnail is in front of me. There's a special place in hell for those youtubers.

What's your favourite episode of the series so far? Every episode so far has had at least one memorable scene. It's really way better than it has any right to be.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Monica was a big deal at SWORD before she blipped.

Also this.

Curious about Monica's implied abilities though. Do you think she might have gotten them in manned spaceflight missions (they mentioned they don't do these anymore) prior to the start of the show? And the "aerospace engineer" being Reed Richards/the FF who were conducting cosmic radiation tests in tandem with her?

Otherwise I'm struggling to see why Monica (and only monica) would begin exhibiting powers from just the cube exposure.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit bummed that the Evan Peters news was talked about so casually that I wasn't really surprised when it happened. People have been speculating that openly since before episode one. Still exciting to see, though. The wait for next week is gonna be agonizing

News flash, they weren't speculating. They were openly casually spoiling under the guise of "speculation". People do it here all the time.

Also, I sure hope this isn't what classifies as the "Mandalorian moment" for Olsen lol. Quicksilver was such a nothing character - in both franchises.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I will say I am pretty convinced that the Aerospace Engineer nor the missing astronauts have nothing to do with Reed Richards or the Fantastic Four.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Also Wanda knows Monica has powers right? Because as soon as Monica spoke to Wanda. Wanda used magic and was ready to use it just in case it seemed.