• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can deny it if you want to, I don't really care. The official streaming service is not listing any TV show besides Wandavision as part of the MCU. According to Disney+ Agent Carter is not canon to the mainline.

And according to Endgame, it is. I'll go with the actual movie. Not to mention Feige was an executive producer for Agent Carter, so it's not in the same position as the other shows.

Shame about AoS, but Agent Carter is canon without a doubt.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Except it'd still be a Pietro made from her memories... who was there when Vision was born. Pietro not knowing who Vision is points to it possibly being a multiverse pull, but we'll know next week for sure when: Sword pulls his id, or Vision try's to unlock him and he's confused but really a Pietro Maximoff. Plus powers

Yeah, both Vision and Pietro knew each other, however none of them recognize the other.
For Vision, we don't know what he remembers and what he doesn't. Like, he know Sokovia for example.
Also, Quicksilver in the X-Men universe was called Peter, not Pietro.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
m4fc1rr4dof61.jpg

sign me up for the Pietro sandwich please.

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
Agnes has been doing what she can to make sure the show goes on. She has some interest in maintaining the illusion which is bad for everyone but Wanda. Dottie has been MIA and only appeared in one episode? Unless more takes place she seems like a nobody.

While Dottie isn't around, I wouldn't count her out as a key player for now. Her whole "For the Children" schtick and how the Westview children are missing probably have a deeper and darker meaning than Wanda just keeping aside because they are not important for the "cast". The whole Halloween episode will probably bring her back, it's the prime chance for that. Especially, since unless I misremember, we see some kids running around in the parts from that episode in the trailer. So Wanda will probably include her in the "cast" or... she will include herself.

Oct 26, 2017
Meph can take any form. I think it's just a fun nod.
I dunno. It seems too deliberate to just be a fun nod.

This he's a version of that quicksilver pulled from the multiverse not that version particularly. Again the fact he doesn't know who vision is would be a big tell, anyone from this particular earth would know Vision, a QS from another timeline wouldn't
Oh shit. I missed that.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if later they also bring back Aaron Taylor-Johnson and at the end of it we just have two Quicksilvers.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dottie breaks and freaks out.

Anges breaks and acts like an actress, and has earlier self aware scenes where she's not just freaking the fuck out like literally everyone else.

I don't think Dottie has any relevance beyond being a Stepford wife type characters.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
AoS and the Netflix shows were literally announced as taking place in the MCU. That was why they were such a big deal when first announced.

Sure, but at no point does that feel like a two-way relationship.

Would they have to? Have they every said any on the movies were canon with each other?

Characters cross over in both directions and the AoU connection is pretty clear. The release of AoU was timed to immediately follow the AoS episodes which set it up. (Which I have never seen and made that AoU open pretty confusing).

When shows and movies reference each other and share characters, the assumption is they are canon unless shown otherwise. Contrast with the Netflix shows where all the references are in one direction, and often very muted or made oblique. (They don't even use the word "Avengers" for a while, if ever.)
Most mentions in AoS were also of that type, and the crossovers are in a single direction. AoS always felt like 'here is what we are doing, you're free to fill in some blanks, but we ain't going to take you into account. Infinity War and Endgame storyline versus what Shield was doing at that moment was probably the biggest showcase of AoS not being part of the bigger plan.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Doctor Strange coming in hot in the finale of the series methinks to sort that shit out,Agnes willingly or not+Mephisto/Nightmare shenanigans causing Wanda to create the dimension leading directly to Doctor Strange Sequel is my theory.

Also they better set up Monica properly for the CM sequel and i mean PROPERLY.

Also i except we well get proper casting for the twins in the end of the series setting them up for Young Avengers.

Big Question is if Vision survive the series honestly.

p.s. it would be cool if they set up Viv Vision tbh

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Dottie appeared in one episode after more than half of the show, she's has no importance in the bigger plot.

Oct 31, 2017
User Warned and Thread-banned (3 Days): Hostility Over a Series of Posts
And according to Endgame, it is. I'll go with the actual movie. Not to mention Feige was an executive producer for Agent Carter, so it's not in the same position as the other shows.

Shame about AoS, but Agent Carter is canon without a doubt.

Feige has gotten executive producer credit in a lot of things, including OG FF movies and Amazing Spiderman.

This is that childish and overly aggressive attitude I was mentioning earlier in the thread.

This is the pot calling the kettle black.

According to Disney+, The Dark World takes place before Iron Man 3, which is wrong.

Cool. Believe what you want.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dottie breaks and freaks out.

Anges breaks and acts like an actress, and has earlier self aware scenes where she's not just freaking the fuck out like literally everyone else.

I don't think Dottie has any relevance beyond being a Stepford wife type characters.

Go back to Episode 2 and see how the vibe changes as Agnes makes it clear to Wanda that Dottie is the "key to everything in this town"

Between that and Dottie being the only other notable character aside from Agnes to not be identified, there is absolutely more going on there. Also I'm pretty sure the actress has been interviewed, which to me stood out because why would someone playing a random side character get an interview unless there was secretly more to her character?

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
I had hoped the canon talk would've stopped after Edwin Jarvis appeared in Endgame, but for some reason people seem hellbent on making a point to invalidate the other shows.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Monica was around powered Carol for whatever duration of Captain Marvel was. She spent more time with Nick.
I don't think her radiation could have done things like giving cancer or superpowers.
What makes most sense is that she is angry at Carol for disappearing for 30 years and not being there for her and her mom's entire life.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else think it was notable that we never actually saw Sparky die or his corpse? Entire arc could have been fabricated.

I also got some serious Rosemary's Baby vibes in a few episodes but especially this one.

Jul 10, 2020
Sure, but at no point does that feel like a two-way relationship.

Most mentions in AoS were also of that type, and the crossovers are in a single direction. AoS always felt like 'here is what we are doing, you're free to fill in some blanks, but we ain't going to take you into account. Infinity War and Endgame storyline versus what Shield was doing at that moment was probably the biggest showcase of AoS not being part of the bigger plan.

I laugh so hard that Thanos was gathering the stones and fighting with his forces in Wakanda and the AoS are screwing around with an alien race claiming to protect them from Thanos, yet we've seen what happens when anyone tries to cross Thanos.

Also what did they do with The Snap the biggest universe altering event in the MCU? Ignored it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
User Warned and Thread-banned (3 Days): Hostility Over a Series of Posts
Feige has gotten executive producer credit in a lot of things, including OG FF movies and Amazing Spiderman.

This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Cool. Believe what you want.

Jarvis from Agent Carter was literally in Endgame.

This isn't a "believe what you want" scenario. It is a "believe what the movie went out of it's way to tell us" scenario.

Why are you being a jerk over something like this?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had hoped the canon talk would've stopped after Edwin Jarvis appeared in Endgame, but for some reason people seem hellbent on making a point to invalidate the other shows.

I'm over it at this point, people always got a weird axe to grind over it even before Infinity War happened. If you ignore a character straight up appearing in the latest Avengers movie, I dunno what else to say

Jul 10, 2020
I'm not arguing that Peggy Carter isn't canon.

I'm arguing that large parts of AoS and the Netflix shows aren't.

Peggy Carter is as canon as they come.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
also wonder why Vision turned Norm back "off". Just to calm him down? Because Norm was freaking him out and he didn't know what else to do?

Oct 31, 2017
Jarvis from Agent Carter was literally in Endgame.

This isn't a "believe what you want" scenario. It is a "believe what the movie went out of it's way to tell us" scenario.

Why are you being a jerk over something like this?

How am I being a jerk? You are the one that right out of the gate start calling people "childish" and "jerk" and then go on to criticize other people's attitudes. Seems like you need to check your attitude before criticizing others.

All I did was point out that the official Disney channel only has Wandavision as official canon to the MCU. Whether you like it or not that is what is listed on the service. You then go on being overly defensive, passive aggressive, and straight up calling people names because you don't like the point they made.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think it was notable that we never actually saw Sparky die or his corpse? Entire arc could have been fabricated.

I also got some serious Rosemary's Baby vibes in a few episodes but especially this one.

At the same time, It makes sense with his suicidal tendencies. I mean, first thing the dog does is try to kill itself licking an electrical outlet.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Not to make this a thing, but Wanda was more heartbroken by losing Vision than losing her brother? I mean.