• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
What if the climax of the series is Wanda meeting the producer of the MCU, pulled out of the multiverse:

"Hi Wanda, I'm Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios.
And I need you to stop."
I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen now.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
There's obviously a third party in play, Agnes is definitely not one of the normal pawns at least. But as for who I don't know.

That twist had me cracking up, guess the real question is did she grab another Pietro from the multiverse, or is it a west view citizen playing pietro?

Watching with my sister, she was quick to point out Vision was resurrected with his original body. They made a point to explain that she alters existing materials not creating stuff out of thin air. Pietro has been long dead so she would HAVE to alter an existing resident.

I do wonder, why does Darcy see that he's not the real Quicksilver but Wanda doesn't ?

Yeah this is curious. Maybe she just strongly thought about Pietro (she was thinking of him earlier and said that he was far away) and maybe just did it subconsciously.

Even after all of this, my sister is still betting on Mojo of all people since TV is his forte.

Brilliant episode. Just firing on all cylinders throughout. Funny, charming, scary, exciting. The whole (infinity) gauntlet.

Fuck the spoilers though, it's ruined my post show watching of discussions and reactions. My favourite places all know whats coming, they traded the mystery to be "in the know" and there's just no point in listening to their analysis because they're so bad at not spoiling shit.

I've avoided spoilers though, so I can wonder within myself what's happening and this place too!

Yeah. I hate that I was kinda spoiled. But then I remember that early gossip-y rumor that Evan Peters was cast, so even if I wasn't I'd probably still be going "Oh it's going to be Fox Quicksilver. It's going to be him!"

Still really enjoyed it. Wonder if he'll have his super speed.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Yeah this is curious. Maybe she just strongly thought about Pietro (she was thinking of him earlier and that he was far away) and maybe just did it subconsciously.

What I meant is that Darcy points out that he's not the same actor, that he doesn't have the same face as OG Quicksilver from this universe. But Wanda doesn't seem to notice ? Which makes me think that she's under a spell too.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
I'd be legitimately surprised (and disappointed) if Peters didn't end up being the actual Fox version of Quicksilver.

Wanda is going from this show into a movie called Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Three months before that, a multiversal Spider-Man film that brings in characters from the Sony universe is releasing in theaters.

We are full multiverse now, folks.

It be fun if this show is the cause of all of that.

SWORD isn't able to contain the Hex and it leads directly into Spiderverse and a shattered MCU.

Also seems like Loki is teeing up to be a quantum leap like show with him jumping to different universes at different time periods to set things right / fight against someone taking advantage of the shattered universe.

As for Wanda, something is leveling her up. Powers don't just change in the MCU.

She's got some sort of deal with the Devil going on to bring Vision back. She might be in control of some of Westview, but it's pretty apparently there's something else also at work. Agnes showed us last episode she in on it, and is conscious of when the script isn't being followed, so what are her plans?

Last edited:

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
as someone who isn't super into the MCU but might start: why does wandavision seem like more essential viewing than something like agents of shield? is it more canon or ? ion't get it

basically just watch the movies in release order and watch wandavision and i wouldn't be missing anything right

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I actually got the strong impression that Wanda did know that wasn't her Pietro. The look she gives him before he speaks came off as dumbfounded to me.

It's like the twins, and Agnes not reacting to her powers. Wanda knows something is going on, but her grief is leading her to just go along with it.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god this episode. So good, absolutely played a blinder with their first D+ series.

Was this the big spoiler from last week or were there more about. Don't want to know what they were just if there's anymore I should be careful about seeing.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Watching with my sister, she was quick to point out Vision was resurrected with his original body. They made a point to explain that she alters existing materials not creating stuff out of thin air. Pietro has been long dead so she would HAVE to alter an existing resident.

Yeah this is curious. Maybe she just strongly thought about Pietro (she was thinking of him earlier and said that he was far away) and maybe just did it subconsciously.

Even after all of this, my sister is still betting on Mojo of all people since TV is his forte.

Yeah. I hate that I was kinda spoiled. But then I remember that early gossip-y rumor that Evan Peters was cast, so even if I wasn't I'd probably still be going "Oh it's going to be Fox Quicksilver. It's going to be him!"

Still really enjoyed it. Wonder if he'll have his super speed.
Yeah but that applies to objects she controls, she can't control the goose, the twins and they can change independent of her. Which means they are being generated. We know this is leading into multiverse of madness and she didn't summon this pietro someone else did. So he could be from another timeline(which is something established in endgame). Likely it'll be a big part of next weeks sword half

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
as someone who isn't super into the MCU but might start: why does wandavision seem like more essential viewing than something like agents of shield? is it more canon or ? ion't get it

basically just watch the movies in release order and watch wandavision and i wouldn't be missing anything right

Agents of Shield isn't canon. The only canon shows are the one that will be releasing on Disney+

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

While Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. takes place in the MCU, the films unfortunately don't reference it. It was produced by Marvel Television while WandaVision is produced by Marvel Studios proper.

It is still technically canon (the other person who replied to you is incorrect) until Marvel states otherwise but you don't need to watch it to know what is happening in the films.

(AoS is still one of the best things in the MCU and should be watched though.)

Yep!

Jul 10, 2020

Because Wandavision is a show directly connected to the MCU that Kevin had a major hand in.

AoS started like that (thinly at first) but by the time the MCU reached Endgame (Pun intended) AoS was so divorced from the MCU that it might as well be handwaved as a pocket dimension. It's a Leob creation.

My new canon is this =

MCU TV by Kevin = Canon as Hell

MCU TV by Leob = Nah.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020

Wandavision is the first Marvel show made by they same creative arm as the movies. Agents of Shield/Daredevil etc. were done by a totally different division in Marvel and had basically no input from the movie division.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I hope next week is gonna be some Al Bundy/Unhappily Ever After/King of Queens kinda episode and the week after it's The Office or Modern Family with them talking in to the camera.

If everything doesn't explode next week that is.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

Agents of SHIELD was made by another studio and while they were able to use a ton of references from the movies, it only went one way - nothing from the TV shows were used in the movies. As the show went on it became obvious that it wasn't the same universe as the Marvel movies anymore due to divergent storylines.

WandaVision is made by the same studio as the movies and is essentially a Marvel movie.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beekeeper/hazmat suit guy going missing still without a single mention by anyone else.

I wonder if everyone forgot about him the way the cops forgot about the city, actually. Since they were all within proximity when it happened.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

AoS and the other TV shows aren't actually done by Feige and Marvel Studios. It just sort of piggybacked off the MCU and was sorta connected "in spirit" in a sort of fanfiction-y kind of way. You're good.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I hope next week is gonna be some Al Bundy/Unhappily Ever After/King of Queens kinda episode and the week after it's The Office or Modern Family with them talking in to the camera.

If everything doesn't explode next week that is.
Next week's episode is probably the Halloween episode.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I love this show. Everything with Jimmy, Wanda, Monica, Vision. Heck, I even like Darcy.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Damn, this is fantastic. Loved the intro too.
How the fuck do they keep the MCU like that. Now let me binge that shit. Don't care about guessing and discussing what ifs. GIMME

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Peters gets to continue to play Quicksilver in the MCU and the recast applies.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got spoiled on him showing up, but outright saying that it's a recast definitely surprised the shit out of me.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Thinking back to the Evan Peters reveal, feels like we've come a long way since this:
nobody is gonna ask why the magazine costs 4 pounds in the UK and 10 dollars in the US?this shit is like i am living in a fever dream where all the small details are fucked up,why is that botherin me more than it should lol

p.s. number one i googled the us/to gbp conversion for 2014,the highest was 0,644,something is wrong here

p.s. number two my reply does not embed the magazine picture for reasons,which honestly bothers me also but not as much as that FUCKING CONVERSION RATE

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I saw this bit the other day and it was surprising, just how far they pre-plan movies and such, I'm sure that this show is no different (Even if the action isn't that much, I'm sure the story has been planned beat by beat a while back)

FCJO

Dec 17, 2019
By the way, to those who are watching in other languages like me, I've got a question.
In the French dub, Evan Peter is voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Aaron-Taylor Johnson in AoU.
However, it's not the same voice that he had for the X-men movies.

Does Evan Peter has his X-men voice in German, Spanish and other languages ?

For the Latin American Spanish dub, Evan Peters has the same voice actor he had in X-Men.

Jun 8, 2018

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I think there could be multiple "factions" of people involved.

I also keep going back to Dottie. She's the only character besides Agnes to not be ID'd, the only character to show blatant distrust in Wanda and implied understanding that something is going on. But, the biggest thing to me, is that in both scenes we see Dottie, the people around her behave as though they're being compelled, and not by Wanda.

Just spitballing, but I think Agnes is in Westview to keep Wanda on the road she needs to be on, and somebody else is there to keep the construct intact. And somebody is Dottie (she's been described as the key to everything in this town).

Also, Dottie has been abset for a while after a pretty big intro.

But I am firm on Agnes=good, in some sense. If they make Agatha Harkenss a bad guy, I will be very sad.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
I saw this bit the other day and it was surprising, just how far they pre-plan movies and such, I'm sure that this show is no different (Even if the action isn't that much, I'm sure the story has been planned beat by beat a while back)

i thought that stuff was known years ago at this point,yeah basically every vfx sequence is "directed" before the movie even stars shooting

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

They pre-plan a lot, but can change a lot too. Banner's arc in Infinity War ended in a very different place, that Black Widow/Hawkeye scene was originally filmed with a completely different story beat in-mind, etc.

Previs is supremely important, but it doesn't mean stuff can't/doesn't change.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Agents of SHIELD was made by another studio and while they were able to use a ton of references from the movies, it only went one way - nothing from the TV shows were used in the movies. As the show went on it became obvious that it wasn't the same universe as the Marvel movies anymore due to divergent storylines.

WandaVision is made by the same studio as the movies and is essentially a Marvel movie.

Incorrect.

Agents of SHIELD:
The opening and ending sequences of Age of Ultron were directly tied to Agents of SHIELD. Coulson and his crew find the Mind Stone who then relay the info to Maria Hill and the cutaway from that scene in the show instantly ties into Age of Ultron's opening. On the other end, Coulson and his team find a decommissioned Helicarrier that they ping for Fury who then uses it to save the citizens of Sokovia at the end of Age of Ultron.

Agent Carter:
Jarvis makes an appearance in Avengers Endgame for the first time. He's the sole character to make a jump from TV to movie. Making Agent Carter and its events canon. Peggy also pops up in Agents of SHIELD while canon to her own show, making both shows canon to the MCU.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
In a fight, Monica would PROBABLY win. She's sentient light - she's capable of moving, thinking, and acting at the speed of light. She's the sort of character that can theoretically fly into your head and turn off your brain before you realize she's coming.

But she tends to be limited by her human perception (and writers not knowing how to deal with that powerset), so in practical terms it's probably a tossup. And when it comes to sheer energy output, Carol wins - she's a shotgun where Monica's a sniper rifle, in a sense.
In terms of sheer energy output how can Carol overpower a being that is pure energy? Carol has a weakness in that she still has corporeal form even when binary right? Isn't that a weakness to a person of pure energy on a cosmic scale?
Honestly at their respective peaks? They'd probably kill each other.

At their average power levels, Carol is probably stronger.
Average power meaning when Carol isn't binary and Monica hasn't phase shifted to a being of pure energy? So at base form tho Monica has no power of strength? 😕

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What are the odds of this actually being the EXACT same quick silver from the XMen films? And Wanda pulled him subconsciously from the multiverse?
Not explicitly that xmen film universe but a universe within a few digits.

Thinking it over I just realized an obvious hint towards him being from the multiverse: he doesn't know Vision! Pietro knew about vision before he died and your average MCU earth citizen knows Vision because he was the poster boy of the Sokovia accords. Him knowing Wanda but not vision could lean towards that

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Incorrect.

Agents of SHIELD:
The opening and ending sequences of Age of Ultron were directly tied to Agents of SHIELD. Coulson and his crew find the Mind Stone who then relay the info to Maria Hill and the cutaway from that scene in the show instantly ties into Age of Ultron's opening. On the other end, Coulson and his team find a decommissioned Helicarrier that they ping for Fury who then uses it to save the citizens of Sokovia at the end of Age of Ultron.

Agent Carter:
Jarvis makes an appearance in Avengers Endgame for the first time. He's the sole character to make a jump from TV to movie. Making Agent Carter and its events canon. Peggy also pops up in Agents of SHIELD while canon to her own show, making both shows canon to the MCU.

Yeah, early seasons of Agents of Shield were pretty well integrated with the MCU.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What are the odds of this actually being the EXACT same quick silver from the XMen films? And Wanda pulled him subconsciously from the multiverse?
It's definitely that 100%, and it's how they'll justify in canon the rest of the "recasts" happening for Spidey 3 (pulling Amazing!Electro and Raimi!Doc Oc into the MCU to play the same characters but still be different people, and will also probably be how they'll have Natflix!Daredevil around too).

The real question is, if he's actually a mutant here too or if he got "altered" to have the same origin as MCU!Quicksilver.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Also, Dottie has been abset for a while after a pretty big intro.

But I am firm on Agnes=good, in some sense. If they make Agatha Harkenss a bad guy, I will be very sad.

Yeah, I also think Agnes = Good.

I also think Agnes has something to do with the commercials we see every episode. Because the Lagos commercial, with the woman cleaning up multiple spills, seemed to mirror what Agnes was basically doing all episode...

...and uh...

...the end of the commercial, when the woman gives her husband a paper towel to clean his own mess up....

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Average power meaning when Carol isn't binary and Monica hasn't phase shifted to a being of pure energy? So at base form tho Monica has no power of strength? 😕

More that if memory serves, when Monica isn't operating at her absolute peak I'm pretty sure she can be knocked out of her phased form pretty easily? I don't read a lot of her stuff so I might have that wrong?