• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'll go a few steps further in my descent into madness:

- The new Thanos-esque endgame for the MCU is not a specific villain. It is an Avengers: Secret Wars film that pulls in characters from different universes.
- Deadpool 3's story will literally be about him traveling from one universe to another.
- Chris Evans denying the report that he's returning to the MCU as Captain America wasn't a lie. Because he's returning as Human Torch.

Come at me, nerds.

I would loose it if this was the case, specially the Human Torch bit, and they have done something like this with the collapse of the Ultimate universe, so... Maybe?.

Also why is everyone so hung up on the fact that government agents would know how the battle against Thanos went down? Not like it was subtle I mean the blip happened, plus he did just fucking bomb the Avengers HQ, and Tony Stark died, so, you know

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I like how Wanda has her own theme now- it was used in this episode when she confronted the SWORD troops.

(embed isn't working, but it's at 35 seconds in the video)

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Falcon and the Winter Soldier is just going to feel so quaint and simple after this lol. They've made this show work so much on the backs of its characters, their journey, and deliberate stylistic choices - not just action. F/WS hopefully meets that bar.

Loki on the other hand has a chance of going pretty wild and weird.
Yeah, I was thinking that.

WandaVision has been a wild ride.

F&TWS will feel more like a traditional series, I don't expect many crazy twists and turns, so hopefully, it's action-packed, for the fans of that part of the MCU. The ones who simply love 70's political thrillers.

Loki I think will be more like the Mandalorian, more standalone episodes but weirdness abound and very stylish.

Meanwhile, Ms. Marvel will be a more young story, similar to Homecoming, but having an origin plot. This, I'm excited about :D

The What If anthology series I feel will fall under people's radars, but it will be important later on.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Falcon and the Winter Soldier is just going to feel so quaint and simple after this lol. They've made this show work so much on the backs of its characters, their journey, and deliberate stylistic choices - not just action. F/WS hopefully meets that bar.

WandaVision feels like the Jessica Jones to FatWS' Daredevil. I assume the initial plan was to ease us in with something more like the movies before getting increasingly more inventive with the Disney+ shows.

But it still works out, because starting out with WandaVision really helps sell that they're going to use the TV shows as a vehicle to do a lot of weird shit.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
WandaVision feels like the Jessica Jones to FatWS' Daredevil. I assume the initial plan was to ease us in with something more like the movies before getting increasingly more inventive with the Disney+ shows.

But it still works out, because starting out with WandaVision really helps sell that they're going to use the TV shows as a vehicle to do a lot of weird shit.

WandaVision is actually a great way to start off the MCU TV Shows...because in-universe it itself is presented as a TV show. Amazing leeway into MCU TV

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Wanda's dismissal of the twins' grief/trauma over losing the dog ("Life moves pretty fast out in the suburbs") seemed really callous and out of character for her

I mean, that seems pretty in line with her knowingly kidnapping thousands of people and threatening the people outside who are trying to stop her, having them point their guns at each other.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WandaVision is actually a great way to start off the MCU TV Shows...because in-universe it itself is presented as a TV show. Amazing leeway into MCU TV

Lol yea that too

Really the only thing you could fault it for at first was the somewhat slow start, FatWS was probably going to be action packed from the jump

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome episode, this show keeps getting better and better

What if the climax of the series is Wanda meeting the producer of the MCU, pulled out of the multiverse:

"Hi Wanda, I'm Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios.
And I need you to stop."
Well, he technically is the One Above All for the MCU after all

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
The fact no one is asking the most obvious question means that the answer will give it all away. "Why Westview?"

They already changed, the previous was roughly 30 minutes, this one was 40ish.

I'm thinking Westview was random, but Wanda happened to pick a town (or was nudged there by Mephisto/whatever) because a powerful sorceress lived there (Agatha Harkness) and when Wanda started influencing people, she amped up her own powers with Agatha's, unknowingly.

Agatha isn't in on it, exactly (the trailer line "am I dead?" tells me that), but she's got some inkling that something is wrong and is trying to guard against it. Perhaps she and Mephisto were foes already.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They were very careful with Norm to say "her" and not "Wanda."

I'm looking at you, Dottie.

I did peep that as well

Only people directly accusing Wanda is Vision, Monica, and SWORD so far. That said, Monica herself said she felt Wanda in her head, so it is most likely her doing the mind control shit for everyone, even if she's also being influenced by someone

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Lol yea that too

Really the only thing you could fault it for at first was the somewhat slow start, FatWS was probably going to be action packed from the jump

If anything, I'm actually more excited for FatWS than I was before. I think there's a place for all of this. WandaVision being a more experimental and weird piece of entertainment and FatWS being more "standard" blockbuster fare. And I don't mean that in a negative way.

And Loki seems like it will be somewhere in between.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
As someone who hasn't had any exposure to the character from the comics, I'd definitely prefer for Mephisto not to be involved.

That said...I disagree with those thinking it's too late in the show for it to be a possibility. Introducing an analogue for the literal Devil into the MCU is basically always going to feel jarring at best for general audiences (and a jumping the shark moment at worst), but you could do a lot worse than the setting of WandaVision, I guess.

So stay with me here: what if sword is a front for aim and we have another hydra situation at hand?
That's what I've been saying. A bunch of hexagons everywhere even in Hayward's office, and they switched from space focus to ai and robotics. Smells like A.I.M. to me. I think Hayward is a planted agent.
This would be a pretty lame direction for the show to go in imo. Not only because it's already been done before and so wouldn't feel very novel, but I really don't think internal government espionage is a good fit for the tone of WandaVision. It worked great for a Captain America story, but here? Nah.

Plus that Hydra reveal only worked so well in Winter Soldier because we'd had several movies worth of establishing S.H.I.E.L.D. as a mostly benevolent force, only for it to all to come crushing down around Steve. A.I.M popping up wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Also, while I'd prefer if pietro was actually just Xmen Pietro with brainwashing from Agnes or whoever's behind this, keep in mind that Spiderman 3, which to be fair is Sony but they hash the plot out with feige for sure, they don't just do whatever, involves Spidermen from other continuities jumping in, so clearly Pietro showing up is sort of not that weird if you consider he's not gonna be the last one to jump

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

i imagine the mcu is experimenting to see the audience reaction and see what sticks
Wandavision for a more and character driven dramatic story
FATWS are more standard MCU fare stretched to a series
Loki is basically a more goofy light hearted adventure

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
There's obviously a third party in play, Agnes is definitely not one of the normal pawns at least. But as for who I don't know.

That twist had me cracking up, guess the real question is did she grab another Pietro from the multiverse, or is it a west view citizen playing pietro?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I did peep that as well

Only people directly accusing Wanda is Vision, Monica, and SWORD so far. That said, Monica herself said she felt Wanda in her head, so it is most likely her doing the mind control shit for everyone, even if she's also being influenced by someone

I think there could be multiple "factions" of people involved.

I also keep going back to Dottie. She's the only character besides Agnes to not be ID'd, the only character to show blatant distrust in Wanda and implied understanding that something is going on. But, the biggest thing to me, is that in both scenes we see Dottie, the people around her behave as though they're being compelled, and not by Wanda.

Just spitballing, but I think Agnes is in Westview to keep Wanda on the road she needs to be on, and somebody else is there to keep the construct intact. And somebody is Dottie (she's been described as the key to everything in this town).

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They are going to do so many MCU shows that I don't think they have any choice but trying to mix it up constantly to avoid staleness.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I also keep going back to Dottie. She's the only character besides Agnes to not be ID'd, the only character to show blatant distrust in Wanda and implied understanding that something is going on. But, the biggest thing to me, is that in both scenes we see Dottie, the people around her behave as though they're being compelled, and not by Wanda.

Just spitballing, but I think Agnes is in Westview to keep Wanda on the road she needs to be on, and somebody else is there to keep the construct intact. And somebody is Dottie (she's been described as the key to everything in this town).

Yea last week I pointed out that a review had reminded me of that line about Dottie. Interesting that we haven't seen in her awhile, whereas Agnes is basically everywhere.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017

Dennis the mailman is also not identified. Couple that with his two out of place scenes and Woo talking about a male witness, I'm putting my money on him being relevant.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
i imagine the mcu is experimenting to see the audience reaction and see what sticks
Wandavision for a more and character driven dramatic story
FATWS are more standard MCU fare stretched to a series
Loki is basically a more goofy light hearted adventure

I don't think they are seeing "what sticks", at least I hope not. I think a lot of these series are going to be one season only before the story continues in movies and other series. So they can really be high concept or whatever they need to be.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Brilliant episode. Just firing on all cylinders throughout. Funny, charming, scary, exciting. The whole (infinity) gauntlet.

Fuck the spoilers though, it's ruined my post show watching of discussions and reactions. My favourite places all know whats coming, they traded the mystery to be "in the know" and there's just no point in listening to their analysis because they're so bad at not spoiling shit.

I've avoided spoilers though, so I can wonder within myself what's happening and this place too!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
By the way, to those who are watching in other languages like me, I've got a question.
In the French dub, Evan Peter is voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Aaron-Taylor Johnson in AoU.
However, it's not the same voice that he had for the X-men movies.

Does Evan Peter has his X-men voice in German, Spanish and other languages ?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hope we get a Quicksilver back permanently at the end of this somehow, he was done dirty in Ultron.
Hayward totally is going to give Wanda the moniker Scarlet witch next episode

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017

Falcon and the winter soldier have such great chemistry in the movies that I think its going to be amazing. Their hateful buddy act is hilarious and it works perfectly. I think its going to be a great show.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
By the way, to those who are watching in other languages like me, I've got a question.
In the French dub, Evan Peter is voiced by the same voice actor who voiced Aaron-Taylor Johnson in AoU.
However, it's not the same voice that he had for the X-men movies.

Does Evan Peter has his X-men voice in German, Spanish and other languages ?

His appearance was leaked a couple weeks ago, before the big leak, because his X-men Spanish VA announced he would reprise the role in WandaVision.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
This show is so very good. When Wanda tried to shut down Vision with the ending credits and he just wasn't having it I was grinning like a madman.