• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
But then why make him look different?

that's part of why it's a guess and not something I'm 100% sure of, but I think it makes a certain kind of sense:

1. I'm assuming the big bad here is multiverse-aware, given the title of the Dr. Strange movie this leads into.
2. It's the kind of thing that would be funny to a cosmic level antagonist.
3. It's cleaner story-wise than actually pulling in the Fox X-Men this way.
4. Evan Peters is really good at playing creepy villains and it's too rich that he was Quicksilver to cast him as Mephisto or Nightmare and then not leverage that coincidence.
5. The plot is moving into "the actor behind the curtain has to join the cast in order to keep the charade going longer" phase of this kind of plot.

so, while I'm not 100% sure, I am inclined to believe it's not actually Fox-Pietro... if it is, he's had his mind altered to recognize this Wanda, for one thing, which I suppose isn't a reach for the set up as is.

maybe it is... we'll see I guess, probably next week.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Since Vision was dismembered in the S.W.O.R.D. facility when she stole him, but she was a full bodied zombie in the last episode when Wanda broke out of her "spell" after ejecting Monica, does this mean that Wanda somehow fixed/repaired Vision's body?
Wanda doesn't want to face her trauma. The shot of zombie Vision is what she knows is true but refuses to accept. She prefers the illusion atm

It seemed implied that she cannot revive the dead, so how Vision is alive is a big question. I liked someones theory that Agnes wanted to use the dogs death as a way to age the kids (as she did when they kept the dog)

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I'm wondering now is that if this is the end of the Coffee Saga, or we haven't met the final form of Dr. Darcy Lewis' thirst yet? 🤔
Coffee-Saga.jpg

I love his huge smile as he walks with the coffee. And Darcy is so quick to reach for it she almost snatches it out of his hands.

Oct 27, 2017
What's the last thing Ian Mckellens done? I'm pretty sure he's retired. I doubt they'd be able to bring him back as magneto
Also Michael Fassbender is around her age so I doubt using him as magneto would work either

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
THIS is how Marvel evolves. This show is amazing. I want more like this and it looks like we are getting it. THIS is the way to do phase 4!

Im addicted!

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Wanda doesn't want to face her trauma. The shot of zombie Vision is what she knows is true but refuses to accept. She prefers the illusion atm

It seemed implied that she cannot revive the dead, so how Vision is alive is a big question. I liked someones theory that Agnes wanted to use the dogs death as a way to age the kids (as she did when they kept the dog)

Vision is practically a computer so one could argue that Wanda is just powering him in the same way the mind stone was powering him.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'll go a few steps further in my descent into madness:

- The new Thanos-esque endgame for the MCU is not a specific villain. It is an Avengers: Secret Wars film that pulls in characters from different universes.
- Deadpool 3's story will literally be about him traveling from one universe to another.
- Chris Evans denying the report that he's returning to the MCU as Captain America wasn't a lie. Because he's returning as Human Torch.

Come at me, nerds.
Holy fuck at that last one

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
that's part of why it's a guess and not something I'm 100% sure of, but I think it makes a certain kind of sense:

1. I'm assuming the big bad here is multiverse-aware, given the title of the Dr. Strange movie this leads into.
2. It's the kind of thing that would be funny to a cosmic level antagonist.
3. It's cleaner story-wise than actually pulling in the Fox X-Men this way.
4. Evan Peters is really good at playing creepy villains and it's too rich that he was Quicksilver to cast him as Mephisto or Nightmare and then not leverage that coincidence.
5. The plot is moving into "the actor behind the curtain has to join the cast in order to keep the charade going longer" phase of this kind of plot.

so, while I'm not 100% sure, I am inclined to believe it's not actually Fox-Pietro... if it is, he's had his mind altered to recognize this Wanda, for one thing, which I suppose isn't a reach for the set up as is.

maybe it is... we'll see I guess, probably next week.

You put some good thought into it. I disagree, I think it's too convoluted, but you make some interesting points. Quicksilver also just came up within the last episode (if you ignore the backstory episode four, which is set outside Westview, for the most part). It could just be he's coming now because Wanda has been thinking about him. It'll be fun to see how it plays out, that's for sure!

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Something funny happened and we should have got something about Prieto's death, but instead we got this from Civil War. Maybe is because Wanda is in denial about his demise? Next one will be interesting either being about Prieto or Vision deaths.

When the kids ask her if she has a brother she says that her brother is far away, so there is for sure some denial here.

Unless she meant far away as in another universe.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Best episode even without quicksilver. It really shows you why it was so important to commit to the sitcom angle as hard as possible in the first couple episodes. Now when they mess with that it's that much more unsettling.

The argument scene is the easy highlight, it's totally nuts seeing the RANGE of acting Olsen and Bettany are doing each week.

SWORD land remains much less interesting for me, but I'm cool with hopping between the two perspectives going forward. Huge step up from their introduction last week for me!

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. Every episode is better than the previous one.

This episode was stacked. Multiverse shenanigans lets goooooo

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
You put some good thought into it. I disagree, I think it's too convoluted, but you make some interesting points. Quicksilver also just came up within the last episode (if you ignore the backstory episode four, which is set outside Westview, for the most part). It could just be he's coming now because Wanda has been thinking about him. It'll be fun to see how it plays out, that's for sure!

yeah, I mean, I am pushed in this direction because I see the alternative as also being too convoluted, but you might be right. It's much less convoluted if it's only Pietro who gets pulled in and not the wider X-Men cast; perhaps my judgement is tilted because I really want them to start from scratch with Fox characters other than Deadpool.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm still not sure how Magneto would fit into this. I know he's her and Pietro's father, but in Character/ Fox Universe, he doesn't know that. Only Fox Pietro knows.
So he can't appear like Pietro, ringing the doorbell with a big "Hello Daughter "duhduhduuuuuuh*".

Someone would have to tell him, and that's an odd position when he's coming to your Universe.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird that Jimmy Woo knows high level Avengers/Infinity Stone information, but you can't hate the guy.

Also, Multiverse of Madness will be nuts.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What is this in reference to? I don't remember lavender mentioned in the show. Was it the dish soap scent?

The answer seems more straightforward to me; they didn't get visions body until after Tony died. Like people already said, there's not much chance Tony nor Bruce would have just let some other random company start dissecting him.

It's possible that after Carol arrived on Earth with Tony, she vouched for SWORD since it was founded by and run by Maria. Alternatively, SWORD could have very well been an established, trusted government organization that the audience just hadn't heard of yet. (The Tony of Iron Man 2 would never have given his body to the government, but the Tony after Civil War would have)

Wanda's dismissal of the twins' grief/trauma over losing the dog ("Life moves pretty fast out in the suburbs") seemed really callous and out of character for her

I agree, maybe not out of character if it's herself trying to move past the idea of grief and mourning as fast as possible.

Didn't they also remind the audience Wanda was 10 when her parents died, and her children are 10 when their dog died?

That's a good fucking catch!! That has to be 100% intentional.

Also about Hayward - I don't think he's evil, even though he's of course an asshole and in the wrong to try and kill Wanda the second he sees her. It makes sense of his world view - half the universe was killed by aliens and supernatural powers, so how else would he see anything remotely unnatural but as a threat? He's probably hyper-aware of Wanda specifically because she got her powers from the infinity stones, the very weapons of mass destruction that caused the Blip.

There was also a mention in episode 4, where they at some point in the past 5 years Monica had been gone, changed their focus to AI development - they must have gotten a hold of Vision's body after Infinity War and not Endgame.

Also, does Westview as a town pre-Wanda not have kids? That seems...incorrect. What could have happened to them?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Wanda and Quicksilver's origin stories are the worst byproduct of Disney not securing Xmen earlier :/

Wait... are they not Magneto's kids in the comics now? I saw a video around the time of Age of Ultron that explained that ut was a big revelation that they're his kids. And I remember one of the Xmen movies at least implied Quicksilver was Magneto's son.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Monica already has her powers right? That's why that test was all screwed up? And she didn't want to redo it?

It's a secret? No one knows. ?

Also I think she didn't want to talk about captain marvel cause no one knows of their connection. That was probably a secret ? If carol never spoke to her in 30 years that messed up. Probably will be flash backs or something in captain marvel 2?

I think whatever just happened may have given her her powers.

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
I'll go a few steps further in my descent into madness:

- Chris Evans denying the report that he's returning to the MCU as Captain America wasn't a lie. Because he's returning as Human Torch.

Come at me, nerds.

Holy shit. I love this take. At this point I wouldn't put anything past Feige and Marvel. They're madmen. Madmen, I say!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
THIS is how Marvel evolves. This show is amazing. I want more like this and it looks like we are getting it. THIS is the way to do phase 4!

Im addicted!
I wonder if Falcon and the Winter Soldier is just going to feel so quaint and simple after this lol. They've made this show work so much on the backs of its characters, their journey, and deliberate stylistic choices - not just action. F/WS hopefully meets that bar.

Loki on the other hand has a chance of going pretty wild and weird.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't let this stupid take go. Somehow you can accept that random nobodies like you and me know what happened during the battle of Fallujah in 2004 via Wiki, but you can't believe humanity would know what happened during the biggest battle in the history of Earth?

Nevermind that it took place in a location easily accessible by news helicopters and photo lenses, never mind that it was full of people who would later talk about it, nevermind that Thaddeus Ross would have to give a statement to the world about it. Somehow, you think it's a confidential thing only whispered about in the halls of power?

Wanda takes on the most evil villain in recorded history, but nobody noticed or talked about it afterwards?

Really?

REALLY!?

Wow look at you, you just put into words my first thoughts when I read that post.

Ade

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm feeling that it's becoming clear that Wanda is been manipulated to some end...

Especially with the "you can't fix death" conversation happening just before the "recasting".

Someone wants her to be more creative/unlimited.