• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Power level people after hearing the Thanos discussion:

94f.png

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Great episode.

My thoughts going forward:

- Wanda was tipped off to what was happening to Vision and was pissed and grabbed his body
- SWORD was experimenting on him, and that is primarily why they are there and why Hayward is such a dick (they want to make a weapon) MODOK?!?!?!?!
- Wanda cannot revive the dead and was granted a wish in exchange for something (the children). She exchanged kids for a live Vision.
- Agnes is still a question. Is she trying to help Wanda against the wish granter? Is she working with the wish granter? Leaning toward the latter since she seems so involved in the kids.
- Monica got her power and why the Xray was completely white
- Wanda be scary and I like it
- Could be an emotional ending with all the traumas coming to a head

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
watching the ep now and yeah that scene you guys are talking about was ridiculous. How would they even know "wanda went one on one with Thanos" it's not like the battle was televised. It 100% sounded like fanboy internet discussion and it totally took me out of it.

that being said, great ep so far.

I can't let this stupid take go. Somehow you can accept that random nobodies like you and me know what happened during the battle of Fallujah in 2004 via Wiki, but you can't believe humanity would know what happened during the biggest battle in the history of Earth?

Nevermind that it took place in a location easily accessible by news helicopters and photo lenses, never mind that it was full of people who would later talk about it, nevermind that Thaddeus Ross would have to give a statement to the world about it. Somehow, you think it's a confidential thing only whispered about in the halls of power?

Wanda takes on the most evil villain in recorded history, but nobody noticed or talked about it afterwards?

Really?

REALLY!?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure that this Quicksilver isn't just going to be another Westview victim that was "recast" through reality manipulation (in the case that he shows powers)?

Either way, it's deliciously meta.

The argument through the end credits was pretty creepy.

Not sure, but apart from Stan Lee cameos and JK Simmons, the MCU isn't typically into stunt-casting. They might have done that this time, I suppose, but I'm leaning multiverse for this one. She can't bring Pietro back, so she (or some other outside agent) gets one from another universe. Note that she doesn't recognize him at first.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't think he's actually Fox Pietro (even with the audio description). He's an easter egg for the audience so we know something is off and can see that Wanda isnt fully in control.

If he were Fox Pietro he'd in like his 50s or 60s by now.

If it's Fox Pietro, that means he was plucked from a different universe so his age doesn't matter.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't let this stupid take go. Somehow you can accept that random nobodies like you and me know what happened during the battle of Fallujah in 2004 via Wiki, but you can't believe humanity would know what happened during the biggest battle in the history of Earth?

Nevermind that it took place in a location easily accessible by news helicopters and photo lenses, never mind that it was full of people who would later talk about it, nevermind that Thaddeus Ross would have to give a statement to the world about it. Somehow, you think it's a confidential thing only whispered about in the halls of power?

Wanda takes on the most evil villain in recorded history, but nobody noticed or talked about it afterwards?

Really?

REALLY!?

This.

THERE WERE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THERE

Oct 28, 2017
This episode was an overload of information. Loved it! MCU continues to get better. As far as giving Wanda her nickname goes, I can see it going one of two ways. Woo comes up with it in a jokey moment, or Sword director guy uses it in a fit of anger in an argument to refer to Wanda. Something like, "we've got thousands of people in that town and that scarlet witch is holding them hostage."

somebody asks who Wandas supposed to be on Halloween and she makes up the Scarlet Witch. Easy peasy.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the episode again and I'm not convinced that Wanda is telling the truth at the end of the episode about her not having full control and not knowing how this all started. Or maybe not the full truth. Because all that comes in her fight with Vision in which she lies to him repeatedly and even tries to manipulate him to get over the discussion by pushing the sitcom credits. Even earlier in the episode she made a Saturday into a Monday to make him go to work to avoid a similar discussion.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweet Glazed Honey Ham!!!! I just woke the baby from screaming! I love this show.

Maybe there is not a non-spoiler answer yet but did she just pull him from another verse or is he the same Quicksilver or do we not just know yet.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Me too. Because she left Earth and didn't come back?

Probably because when she did come back, she didn't visit. Or came back and didn't go see Maria before Maria passed.

Sweet Glazed Honey Ham!!!! I just woke the baby from screaming! I love this show.

Maybe there is not a non-spoiler answer yet but did she just pull him from another verse or is he the same Quicksilver or do we not just know yet.

The Audio description explicitly says "Quicksilver from the X-Men films"

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
I don't think they go that far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they acknowledged Wanda's parents maybe weren't actually her parents

This is what I've been thinking. Maybe she has a flashback, a commercial, a convo with Pietro, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they address Eric existing. They can lay bread crumbs here to follow up on in future films and shows.

I'm starting to think that Wanda is grabbing power from the multiverse to bring people back to life. Vision is powered through the stone and multiverse power, and now Pietro was brought back again using the body of a multiverse version of him. Or it's Agnes/someone else using her power to manipulate the multiverse

Good theory, it ties in with Dr Strange MoM and Spider-Man 3.

Also, she and Clint had the convo in Endgame about Nat and Vision knowing they won. Very possible she's already dialed into the multiversal stuff.

one of the replies 👀

Holy shit.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
i can't praise Marvel enough for how much world and character WandaVision is doing.

Reintroduce Monica and, likely, give her powers.
Introduce SWORD
Set up how CMBR works.
Upgrade Wanda's power level.

Thats a lot of shit for a thirty minute a week "sitcom." And there's still weeks left.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Did anyone mention the dishwashing liquid and if it has any significance?

When the boys wash the dog, they appear to have used joy dishwashing liquid. Then at the end of the episode, Vision washes his hands in joy dishwashing liquid at the same sink. And there is a close-up of him lathering up.

If there were other references to the liquid in earlier episodes, I overlooked it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
So that was the X-men actor as the recast Pietro, right? Damn! What's in store for us next week!?

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I watched the episode again and I'm not convinced that Wanda is telling the truth at the end of the episode about her not having full control and not knowing how this all started. Or maybe not the full truth. Because all that comes in her fight with Vision in which she lies to him repeatedly and even tries to manipulate him to get over the discussion by pushing the sitcom credits. Even earlier in the episode she made a Saturday into a Monday to make him go to work to avoid a similar discussion.
She definitely has some control over this. She's just saying that she doesn't control over everything thats happening in the town which I think makes sense. In a metaphorical way its also like she's been given some drugs and is so addicted that she doesn't want to change things. She may not have started this mess but desires for it to continue.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone mention the dishwashing liquid and if it has any significance?

When the boys wash the dog, they appear to have used joy dishwashing liquid. Then at the end of the episode, Vision washes his hands in joy dishwashing liquid at the same sink. And there is a close-up of him lathering up.

If there were other references to the liquid in earlier episodes, I overlooked it.
Nah

It's about fixing mistakes

Like dirty dishes

Or accidentally murdering Wakandan diplomats

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Really?

REALLY!?

you know what, check this out. Even tho you are being obnoxious, borderline offensive and toxic, fine. I'll give you the fact that people would know exactly what happened. You are correct, they could know what happened, I will gladly concede that.

I still think the scene felt awkward and badly written. But keep making this website a joy to be in friend, you do you.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Wanda's dismissal of the twins' grief/trauma over losing the dog ("Life moves pretty fast out in the suburbs") seemed really callous and out of character for her

Oct 28, 2017

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'd be legitimately surprised (and disappointed) if Peters didn't end up being the actual Fox version of Quicksilver.

Wanda is going from this show into a movie called Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Three months before that, a multiversal Spider-Man film that brings in characters from the Sony universe is releasing in theaters.

We are full multiverse now, folks.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Wanda's dismissal of the twins' grief/trauma over losing the dog ("Life moves pretty fast out in the suburbs") seemed really callous and out of character for her

I read this as her attempt to dismiss the argument she knew was coming with Vision. Because, yeah, it does run counter to the empathy she showed in the earlier scene.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be legitimately surprised (and disappointed) if Peters didn't end up being the actual Fox version of Quicksilver.

Wanda is going from this show into a movie called Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Three months before that, a multiversal Spider-Man film that brings in characters from the Sony universe is releasing in theaters.

We are full multiverse now, folks.
Yeah, I think he'll be actual Quicksilver too

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they retcon Magneto to be her and Pietro's father.

It was always lame that they couldn't do that to begin with.
I would find it considerably more lame to try and force the relationship at this point. Especially since it doesn't match at all with their current backstory. Plus I think Magneto would be to old at the point the MCU is.

Just feels liked it be forced for the sake of something from the comics that was a retcon in the first place.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People seemingly are not able to imagine how the world putside of the shown movies would be, as if the remaining avengers would not be interviewed, hailed as heroes, superstars and more from the rest of the world.

There were hundreds of normal wakandian soldiers and more, and you don't think anybody would have said "yo that crazy wotch lady would have solo'd Thanos if he did not started his bombardement.

As if not the world had to be briefed wtf happened to them and why everything is now starting get better.

Such a silly complaint, you don't lile the scene and think it is badly written?

I see people daily debating on social media which sports athlete is the best in their respective field and I shall think the scene is weird when people in a world where beings exist way more powerful ad famous than anything we have, discuss which one is how strong, when their power was the topic at the current time?

Wtf.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Since Vision was dismembered in the S.W.O.R.D. facility when she stole him, but she was a full bodied zombie in the last episode when Wanda broke out of her "spell" after ejecting Monica, does this mean that Wanda somehow fixed/repaired Vision's body?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
People seemingly are not able to imagine how the world putside of the shown movies would be, as if the remaining avengers would not be interviewed, hailed as heroes, superstars and more from the rest of the world.

There were hundreds of normal wakandian soldiers and more, and you don't think anybody would have said "yo that crazy wotch lady would have solo'd Thanos if he did not started his bombardement.

As if not the world had to be briefed wtf happened to them and why everything is now starting get better.

Such a silly complaint, you don't lile the scene and think it is badly written?

I see people daily debating on social media which sports athlete is the best in their respective field and I shall think the scene is weird when people in a world where beings exist way more powerful ad famous than anything we have, discuss which one is how strong, when their power was the topic at the current time?

Wtf.

Obviously some kind of The Boys view of the MCU is needed for these people.

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... can't watch the latest episode since Disney+ won't play anything (I'm on Firestick 4K and it's updated). Anyone having issues?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The inside ads are basically dark comedy. I doubt those are made by Wanda.

I think this and the first one are my favorites.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since Vision was dismembered in the S.W.O.R.D. facility when she stole him, but she was a full bodied zombie in the last episode when Wanda broke out of her "spell" after ejecting Monica, does this mean that Wanda somehow fixed/repaired Vision's body?

Probably using the same telekinesis style she used when repairing the wall/fence that she put Monica through. Not that she's an engineer or anything but that can be handwaved away as some connection with the mind stone power that they were both tied to etc etc

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, I think he'll be actual Quicksilver too

I'll go a few steps further in my descent into madness:

- The new Thanos-esque endgame for the MCU is not a specific villain. It is an Avengers: Secret Wars film that pulls in characters from different universes.
- Deadpool 3's story will literally be about him traveling from one universe to another.
- Chris Evans denying the report that he's returning to the MCU as Captain America wasn't a lie. Because he's returning as Human Torch.

Come at me, nerds.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Probably using the same telekinesis style she used when repairing the wall/fence that she put Monica through. Not that she's an engineer or anything but that can be handwaved away as some connection with the mind stone power that they were both tied to etc etc

Ah right. If she can make new clothes out of molecules she can remodel Vision back to his form.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I remember seeing the first trailer for this show and just thinking "What the hell are they trying to do?!", but damn if this is not a show that makes me count till next Friday for a new episode, it's become the first thing I watch when I get up. Just love being proven wrong in these type of situations. (also love that they're releasing it weekly instead of a binge dump). Can't wait to see how this is going to conclude!

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just finished the episode, my favorite so far. Great mix of the sitcom and events going outside, with the theme song in particular standing out.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I'm wondering now is that if this is the end of the Coffee Saga, or we haven't met the final form of Dr. Darcy Lewis' thirst yet? 🤔
Coffee-Saga.jpg