• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It just doesn't matter how they knew because that whole sequence was odd, stilted and there was probably a better way to write that.

It just didn't work for me.
Same for me.

I mean, there are ways to logically work out how the characters would know. But the whole Woo going, "well actually, some people think Captain Marvel could have bla bla bla..." really just came off as the show acknowledging fan debate, because it's one thing to know the details of the Endgame battle, but they were basically arguing power levels.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
This episode was an overload of information. Loved it! MCU continues to get better. As far as giving Wanda her nickname goes, I can see it going one of two ways. Woo comes up with it in a jokey moment, or Sword director guy uses it in a fit of anger in an argument to refer to Wanda. Something like, "we've got thousands of people in that town and that scarlet witch is holding them hostage."

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It just doesn't matter how they knew because that whole sequence was odd, stilted and there was probably a better way to write that.

It just didn't work for me.
Yeah, them knowing the details or talking about them isn't a problem, it's only 3 weeks ago and one of the biggest events in human history.

I just wish they'd written the scene a little better. A little longer, and more like how actual humans would have that convo (debating power levels, Jimmy and Darcy trying to one up who was more important, Scott or Thor, that sort of thing).

"It was Scott coming back with Pym particles and convincing Stark that time travel was possible that saved the day!"

"No way, it was Cap wielding mew mew that held Thanos off long enough for the portals to open!"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a Doctor Strange cameo is likely to be a post-credits type deal, and they probably shot/are going to shoot it while filming Dr Strange 2 in London.

Apparently Elizabeth went from shooting this show DIRECTLY to DS2, and Cactosplash was in the Wandavision launch stream multiple times, so I imagine yeah. Strange's appearance will likely all be in the final episode if that.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
This episode was crazy good. Only weird complaint is the outside Hex stuff when it was most of the episode was great, but this episode I didn't really like it.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Same for me.

I mean, there are ways to logically work out how the characters would know. But the whole Woo going, "well actually, some people think Captain Marvel could have bla bla bla..." really just came off as the show acknowledging fan debate, because it's one thing to know the details of the Endgame battle, but they were basically arguing power levels.

Because arguing power levels is something people woudn't do on a world with actual super heroes?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder if
Mephisto/Nightmare are behind the quicksilver shenanigans, if maybe Evan is actually playing the MCU's version of Mephisto/Nightmare, and the multiverse is not quite into play at this point during the show.
That's what I'm thinking. Wanda's reaction makes it clear that not only did she initially not recognize this Pietro/Peter, but also that him showing up wasn't Wanda's doing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm thinking. Wanda's reaction makes it clear that not only did she initially not recognize this Pietro/Peter, but also that him showing up wasn't Wanda's doing.

Yeah. She only actually talks to him AFTER he identifies himself as her brother. Before he says anything she's just confused.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Because arguing power levels is something people woudn't do on a world with actual super heroes?

I mean, it's not that I don't think the average person would argue. But it came off as a weird bit of dialogue between those two characters in that particular moment.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Same for me.

All I did while reading this was wonder how you'll react to Kamala Khan fangirling out over the other heroes, especially Carol Danvers. lol

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
All I did while reading this was wonder how you'll react to Kamala Khan fangirling out over the other heroes, especially Carol Danvers. lol
LOL I mean, I don't hate fanservice! I'd hate Deadpool if that were the case.

I just thought it was cheesy dialogue in this particular moment. Which has been my issue with most of the S.W.O.R.D. scenes.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
watching the ep now and yeah that scene you guys are talking about was ridiculous. How would they even know "wanda went one on one with Thanos" it's not like the battle was televised. It 100% sounded like fanboy internet discussion and it totally took me out of it.

that being said, great ep so far.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I just thought it was cheesy dialogue in this particular moment. Which has been my issue with most of the S.W.O.R.D. scenes.
And most of them have featured at least one of the two comic relief characters, if not both. lol

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
watching the ep now and yeah that scene you guys are talking aboutw as ridiculous. How would they even know "wanda went one on one with Thanos" it's not like the battle was televised. It 100% sounded like fanboy internet discussion and it totally took me out of it.

that being said, great ep so far.
Y'all being serious about this? Like is this small back and forth really breaking the universe for you? Lol I can't tell.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Wanda and Quicksilver's origin stories are the worst byproduct of Disney not securing Xmen earlier :/

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all being serious about this? Like is this small back and forth really breaking the universe for you? Lol I can't tell.

where did I say it "broke the universe"? I said it took me out of the episode.

Giod forbid people critisize something in a Marvel product apparently. And I thought I was the biggest MCU fanboy around O_o

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
And most of them have featured at least one of the two comic relief characters, if not both. lol
I mean, I am aware of this. This isn't my first trip into the MCU.

Am I not allowed to criticize any aspect of the show despite being clear that I'm enjoying it?

Oct 27, 2017
After what Wanda did in Age of Ultron, killing people in Civil War and now in this show I don't know how she isn't the most wanted criminal in the world.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
where did I say it "broke the universe"? I said it took me out of the episode.

Giod forbid people critisize something in a Marvel product apparently. And I thought I was the biggest MCU fanboy around O_o
But why? This isn't fanboy stuff. You are talking about literal government agents who would have access to this info and literally know heroes that were involved in the battle.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So who's more powerful, Carol Danvers or Monica Rambeau??

In a fight, Monica would PROBABLY win. She's sentient light - she's capable of moving, thinking, and acting at the speed of light. She's the sort of character that can theoretically fly into your head and turn off your brain before you realize she's coming.

But she tends to be limited by her human perception (and writers not knowing how to deal with that powerset), so in practical terms it's probably a tossup. And when it comes to sheer energy output, Carol wins - she's a shotgun where Monica's a sniper rifle, in a sense.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

Folks just got to accept that all the cheesy ( but necessary) exposition dialogue is gonna happen with the S.W.O.R.D scenes. I was fine with stuff being opaque but prior to episode 4 we had weeks of people asking " Is this taking place before Infinity War, isn't Vision Dead, What are Wanda's powers etc". Its a necessary evil I am fine with since they are letting Olsen and Bettany cook acting wise inside their scenes.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The Scarlet Witch/Captain Marvel vs. Thanos dialogue was also clearly there to introduce the idea that Monica is pissed at Carol. Probably because Monica's mother died alone while Carol was off trotting around the galaxy.