• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, wasn't expecting to see Evan Peters as Pietro again. I wonder if using Peters is a meta casting or if they're kicking off the multiverse shenanigans already.

If we get to keep Peters around as Quicksilver, I'd be pretty happy. He was the better Quicksilver and one of the better parts of the recent X-Men films.

I mean Darcy literally said that in the episode. I doubt Peters is staying in the MCU for long.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Theory: Norm became a communist because of how the American healthcare system treated his sister.

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
The scene went by pretty fast, but in the security footage didn't it look like they were disassembling him? Pretty sure living will be damned that would be enough to freak out Wanda

It definitely looked like they had disassembled him. They mentioned a couple of interesting things like that. I think when Monica came back from the snap to SWORD they said about two weeks had passed and she was the first snapped agent to come back to work? Wanda would have come back at the same time, so the fight from Endgame was roughly two weeks ago. She went to Tony Starks funeral too. The attack on the facility to get his body was 9 days ago they said today.

So Wanda comes back, fights in Endgame, they bury Tony and she talks to Hawkeye, she then goes to collect her boyfriends body but cant find it, finds out that SWORD has it and has been fucking with it and goes to get it back. As you mentioned, someone (I think a good guy so Jimmy?) says that Visions "living will" was not to be turned into a weapon so she would be pisssssssed.

The boss man seems suss as fuck, apart from painting Wanda as a terrorist after she just helped save the planet, also trying to assassinate her but not letting Monica in on it. He is definitely something like AIM or Hydra. AIM may have stepped up more while the Avengers were dusted / busy, like in the game, although SWORD being AIM seems too close to SHIELD being Hydra to do again.

The ending of the episode also seemed to indicate for fairly sure that Wanda is not in total control and someone else is using her to do something. I think recasting her brother was part of that, maybe a goof, from whoever the "director" is, she seemed shocked when she opened the door but she didnt immediately seem to recognise him. Agnes was definitely pushing for the kids to grow up all three times she turned up this episode, only Wanda stopped them doing it after the dog died but that was definitely the plan.

Very very very very interesting and so curious about the next episodes

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Hayward is correct and Monica's arguments only make sense as metatextual handwaves trying to make what's happening here less monstrous. What's being done to the people in that town is horrifying. Like I'm glad they're actually showing how fucked up this is, but I'm worried this is going to be yet another Marvel project with minimal consequences for bad behavior from the heroes

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean actually using Evan Peters instead of just some other actor.

Yeah, I think the two are linked. The anomaly "recast" Pietro, so why use anyone other than the other guy known for playing Pietro in the recent era? If they just brought in a random other actor the scene would have virtually no impact.

Also, fun thing: I think Wanda didn't recognize him until he identified HIMSELF as her brother. She just kinda stared at him like she was having a BSOD until he spoke first, and then it clicked for her. As if the anomaly can influence her too.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
How about instead of Mephisto, it turns out that SWORD is the big bad (not even AIM, just not good guys):

-They take Vision's body
-Experiment on it for five years (they already established that this would be a violation of the Sokovia accords)
-Wanda learns about it after she comes back, goes and takes his body
-The SWORD experimentation has turned Vision bad/into a weapon/into Ultron (hence his anger and almost violence at the end of this episode, which isn't a very Vision trait)
-Wanda has to put Vision in the Hex to deprogram him

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hayward is correct and Monica's arguments only make sense as metatextual handwaves trying to make what's happening here less monstrous. What's being done to the people in that town is horrifying. Like I'm glad they're actually showing how fucked up this is, but I'm worried this is going to be yet another Marvel project with minimal consequences for bad behavior from the heroes
This dude tried to shoot a missile at children

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
jty22vp6smf61.png

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Probably doing what the government would do, trying to figure out how to duplicate him and reverse engineer him for technological and military benefit.

Not like they're going to bury him or something. No way they would respect his wishes of not using his body anyway

Yeah it looked like it. I hope this show brings Vision back. Seeing him dissected in a lab was painful.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Didn't they also remind the audience Wanda was 10 when her parents died, and her children are 10 when their dog died?

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught the new episode this morning.

That ending literally made me jump out of my seat. That's an awesome payoff/easter-egg for the Fox-Men acquisition.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If the man and woman in the commercials are Wanda's parents, who are the kids that have shown up in the last two?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
How about instead of Mephisto, it turns out that SWORD is the big bad (not even AIM, just not good guys):

-They take Vision's body
-Experiment on it for five years (they already established that this would be a violation of the Sokovia accords)
-Wanda learns about it after she comes back, goes and takes his body
-The SWORD experimentation has turned Vision bad/into a weapon/into Ultron (hence his anger and almost violence at the end of this episode, which isn't a very Vision trait)
-Wanda has to put Vision in the Hex to deprogram him

Hope not

It's Maria Rambeau's creation and we've seen enough government villain agencies

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What if the dissecting of Viz leads to Sentinels down the line?

Then the X-Men would be dead in about five minutes. Vision is way more powerful than an average Sentinel and giving them his powerset would make them virtually unstoppable.

I don't think we need another 'oh no the sentinels are way better than we are!' story after DoFP.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I also think Pietro is there to keep Wanda in her grief state which continues her doing what the manipulator wants by keeping this reality going. Maybe they feed off the power Wanda is using to control everything.

Because when Wanda was explaining to the twins not to age themselves and that death was permanent and we have to move on, that was the lesson of the sitcom episode that everyone learns and accepts (theme of 80s and 90s shows was always some sort of life lesson) which the person behind all this would not want Wanda to accept and risk her starting to move on from vision really being dead. Insert Pietro to confuse and reopen that wound so she can remain in her grieving state and able to continue the hex.

That's a very interesting theory.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Considering Marvel's own history with recasting I do think the fact that they actually mentioned it in-universe is absolutely significant, lol.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

Yeahhhh, I agree with this.

Even if there's a third party involved, the show has made clear that Wanda is willfully a part of whatever is going on. Which is especially shitty now that we know the experience for the hundreds (did they say thousands?) of people in the town is painful and a type of torture. I'm suspicious of Hayward, but he's not wrong.

Monica wants to see the good in Wanda, but that doesn't change what Wanda is doing.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
the studio audience has been great, made shit super awkward when vision was at work with norm

I'm not sure if this is a studio audience still, or pre-recorded canned laughs, but either way, they are on-point with it.

Hot Take: Wandavision wouldn't have worked as well if it was released all at once

Agreed, because we now have time to digest it all. Not all TV is meant to be binged.

Mokujin

Oct 31, 2017
Wow, wasn't expecting to see Evan Peters as Pietro again. I wonder if using Peters is a meta casting or if they're kicking off the multiverse shenanigans already.

If we get to keep Peters around as Quicksilver, I'd be pretty happy. He was the better Quicksilver and one of the better parts of the recent X-Men films.

My take is on the multiverse being introduced already here, maybe Wanda can't resurrect living things but can borrow beings from other universes.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Hot Take: Wandavision wouldn't have worked as well if it was released all at once
Yup

I think the third episode being launched in that first drop would have made a stronger case for people who weren't immediately grasping what this show was doing, but the weekly drops nevertheless have let people dig into shit and rack their brains around everything, even when the episodes are only 20-some minutes.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This dude tried to shoot a missile at children
Children that Wanda created within her existing fake world. From his perspective he probably thinks the kids are not real. Plus he's a military man who would be willing to accept collateral damage to accomplish the mission to save more lives.

I think him being a bad guy is a misdirection.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure if Falcon/WS is going to work as well since Wandavision is inheritely a mystery but i am glad we get 20 Weeks of MCU material a week without it being overbearing

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty clear that hayward is a fuckstick
Hayward is a fuckstick but I still find Monica's arguments completely unconvincing, and it makes me like the crew of her, Darcy and Jimmy less unfortunately. Like, their empathy just jumps directly to being focused on Wanda rather than anyone else in the town because she's "famous" and they like her.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if Falcon/WS is going to work as well since Wandavision is inheritely a mystery but i am glad we get 20 Weeks of MCU material a week without it being overbearing

i just want to jump from this straight to Loki, honestly

Hayward is a fuckstick but I still find Monica's arguments completely unconvincing, and it makes me like the crew of her, Darcy and Jimmy less unfortunately. Like, their empathy just jumps directly to being focused on Wanda rather than anyone else in the town because she's "famous" and they like her.

I think this is a misreading of the situation, at least on Monica's part. Monica clearly wants a peaceful solution, and says as much in the trailers. She wants to get everyone out without violence or bloodshed, and she thinks antagonizing Wanda will only make things worse.

Hayward wants to fight, and doesn't care if it does.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty much everything about Darcy and Jimmy is very fan insert.

Which is why I'm thoroughly over their characters.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
But we do that everyday with real celebrities. We excuse their poor behavior because they are good at sports, we like their movies, etc. That's not unreasonable or unrealistic.

Giving Wanda the benefit of the doubt isn't a reach

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It really depends how much it leaves us to think about each week. With some of the themes it could tackle it may be great to have a week to digest.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think it's because they know wanda to be good so something isn't quite adding up. jimmy specifically brings up she was an avenger. they know her to be a hero

hayward was probably leading experiments on vision's dead corpse and wanda lost her shit

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The fate of poor Sparky combined with Vision's "I don't know who I am" makes me wonder if we're going to get a bit more Tom King Vision existentialism in here in the back half of the season

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's because they know wanda to be good so something isn't quite adding up

hayward was probably leading experiments on vision's dead corpse and wanda lost her shit
Maybe, but if its a misdirect and someone "actually evil" was controlling Wanda the whole time I'll be disappointed. If Wanda made a deal with Mephisto but is still complicit in this that's an interesting story choice. If they try to frame it as "she's just as much a victim as they are" I'm going to throw my TV out a window