• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they would not resolve the missing person / witness protection thing, they spent too long on it when there's a million reasons they could have used for FBI involvement.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
There were some hexagons on a screen in Age of Ultron
lol Touche.

Yeah, that seems like a reach but the connection between the Mind Stone and the hexagons make it an interesting coincidence. You never know though, people thought the hexagon patterns in Wandavision was just an aesthetic decision as well until the show confirmed it as something more deliberate.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
lol Touche.

Yeah, that seems like a reach but the connection between the Mind Stone and the hexagons make it an interesting coincidence. You never know though, people thought the hexagon patterns in Wandavision was just an aesthetic decision as well until the show confirmed it as something more deliberate.
No honestly I was halfway through the video when I posted that, the rest of it makes a lot of sense and is very logical.

God I love this series. Very excited for tomorrow.

Oct 29, 2017
lol Touche.

They could relate to the infinity gems given that there are six of them, a way to explain the cosmic powers that people like Wanda got from one of the stones. Given that her powers clearly mimic the reality stone (to the extent where they even share the same colour) more than the mind stone which gave her powers, maybe they stones are each heavily connected to one another and the hexagon is six points connected to show this.

But it doesn't feel likely, feels like the sort of discussion about the gems that would be warranted before the 'infinity saga' ended.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol Touche.

I'm leaning towards the possibility that the Infinity Gems are simply conduits for cosmic energy that allow beings to use it in specific ways. That would mean that anyone who is given power by the Infinity Gems effectively turn into conduits for cosmic energy as well, and there's probably a very strong link between the Celestials, the Eternals, the Infinity Gems and cosmically empowered heroes like Wanda and Carol.

So Wanda wasn't given the powers of the Mind Gem, for example, but became a conduit for cosmic energies in the same way the Mind Gem was. That means her powers aren't reflective of what the Mind Gem could do, but instead of how she herself manipulates cosmic energies, and her ability to destroy the Infinity Gems is directly tied to their ability to destroy themselves - through the application of vast amounts of cosmic energy. As far as I'm aware, the Eternals are effectively immortal because of the cosmic energy they channel and so, in the MCU, is Carol Danvers. Perhaps Wandavision will exist as a simplified explanation of what the Eternals are - that like Wanda and Carol, they are effectively immortal beings that channel cosmic energies but, unlike Wanda and Carol, they're already millions of years old and thus are much more used to using their powers.

It's possible, then, that the Infinity Gems represent a balance within the cosmic energies of the universe and, now they no longer exist to maintain that balance, folks like Wanda and Carol (who have no real idea what they're doing yet) are causing unintentional problems by using cosmic energies. The hexagons are probably linked to that, like a hidden message buried within the universe, seeking balance.

Which, in turn, may explain why both Doctor Strange and the Eternals enter the picture.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
They could relate to the infinity gems given that there are six of them, a way to explain the cosmic powers that people like Wanda got from one of the stones. Given that her powers clearly mimic the reality stone (to the extent where they even share the same colour) more than the mind stone which gave her powers, maybe they stones are each heavily connected to one another and the hexagon is six points connected to show this.

But it doesn't feel likely, feels like the sort of discussion about the gems that would be warranted before the 'infinity saga' ended.
I'm leaning towards the possibility that the Infinity Gems are simply conduits for cosmic energy that allow beings to use it in specific ways. That would mean that anyone who is given power by the Infinity Gems effectively turn into conduits for cosmic energy as well, and there's probably a very strong link between the Celestials, the Eternals, the Infinity Gems and cosmically empowered heroes like Wanda and Carol.

So Wanda wasn't given the powers of the Mind Gem, for example, but became a conduit for cosmic energies in the same way the Mind Gem was. That means her powers aren't reflective of what the Mind Gem could do, but instead of how she herself manipulates cosmic energies, and her ability to destroy the Infinity Gems is directly tied to their ability to destroy themselves - through the application of vast amounts of cosmic energy. As far as I'm aware, the Eternals are effectively immortal because of the cosmic energy they channel and so, in the MCU, is Carol Danvers. Perhaps Wandavision will exist as a simplified explanation of what the Eternals are - that like Wanda and Carol, they are effectively immortal beings that channel cosmic energies but, unlike Wanda and Carol, they're already millions of years old and thus are much more used to using their powers.

It's possible, then, that the Infinity Gems represent a balance within the cosmic energies of the universe and, now they no longer exist to maintain that balance, folks like Wanda and Carol (who have no real idea what they're doing yet) are causing unintentional problems by using cosmic energies. The hexagons are probably linked to that, like a hidden message buried within the universe, seeking balance.

Which, in turn, may explain why both Doctor Strange and the Eternals enter the picture.
I'm with you guys.

I think that while the hexagons in Age of Ultron was probably more of a coincidence than a deliberate decision to hint that the Mind Stone has "hex-like energy" or that it exhibited energy of all six stones or all stones had the same energy pattern, the theory that I've been getting the most behind that I've seen online with Wandavision is that the show may be deliberately tying the hexagon/hex powers of Wanda and the "magic" she has control over to the cosmic energies that flow through the Infinity Stones. We already know that Wanda and Vision are very much connected through that power and they already said Westview is emitting Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation from the Big Bang (which we've heard Wong say created the 6 Infinity Stones), so it seems very likely that some sort of energy related to the Mind Stone still exists with Wanda (and maybe Vision) seemingly without the stone since it was already destroyed. This also seems to be beyond what we've seen Wanda or Vision be able to do with their powers and outside of what the Mind Stone's powers seemed capable of.

It would probably be too basic and overpowered to essentially say that Wanda has the power of all six Infinity Stones for that to be what is happening here and since we know that this is supposed to be telling us how Wanda gets the name "The Scarlet Witch" that there will likely be some tie with magic (despite us not seeing Wanda ever learn magic on-screen). I think that maybe despite having powers that seemed derived from the Mind Stone, her power was actually being able to control those energies and her learning magic is just her learning to tap into and control those cosmic energies that she already has a strong mental link to innately. It is interesting that Kevin Feige has said that both Carol and Wanda are the strongest heroes in the MCU now, and it would make sense that it's not just because they both got their powers from Infinity Stones, but because they are able to harness these sorts of cosmic energies that typically are only found in places like the Infinity Stones. I have believed for a while that we'll eventually learn that Xandar tapped into the Power Stone while they had possession of it and created the Nova Force and when Xandar was destroyed, eventually we'll see how that power was passed onto Richard Rider.

I mean, I guess that stuff is already pretty standard for the MCU and what we've seen from the Infinity Stones basically since SHIELD was using the Tesseract as a battery, but it would be very interesting if they decided to make explicit, fundamental connections between the Infinity Stones and various energies in the universe like cosmic energies, interdimensional energies, and even magic. We've already learned from the Thor movies and Doctor Strange that "magic" is science that isn't yet understood, but Doctor Strange took it a step further to show that a lot of magic is straight up derived from interdimensional energies like pulling power from the Dark Dimension. We also see how he was able to go toe to toe with Thanos when he already had 4 stones with his magic, and even using the Time Stone was done trough a spell (which looked similar when Thanos used the stone on Vision as well). I'm excited for whatever explanation we get since I feel like it will open up a lot of possibilities for all sorts of crazy stuff going forward in the MCU.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you guys.

I think that while the hexagons in Age of Ultron was probably more of a coincidence than a deliberate decision to hint that the Mind Stone has "hex-like energy" or that it exhibited energy of all six stones or all stones had the same energy pattern, the theory that I've been getting the most behind that I've seen online with Wandavision is that the show may be deliberately tying the hexagon/hex powers of Wanda and the "magic" she has control over to the cosmic energies that flow through the Infinity Stones. We already know that Wanda and Vision are very much connected through that power and they already said Westview is emitting Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation from the Big Bang (which we've heard Wong say created the 6 Infinity Stones), so it seems very likely that some sort of energy related to the Mind Stone still exists with Wanda (and maybe Vision) seemingly without the stone since it was already destroyed. This also seems to be beyond what we've seen Wanda or Vision be able to do with their powers and outside of what the Mind Stone's powers seemed capable of.

It would probably be too basic and overpowered to essentially say that Wanda has the power of all six Infinity Stones for that to be what is happening here and since we know that this is supposed to be telling us how Wanda gets the name "The Scarlet Witch" that there will likely be some tie with magic (despite us not seeing Wanda ever learn magic on-screen). I think that maybe despite having powers that seemed derived from the Mind Stone, her power was actually being able to control those energies and her learning magic is just her learning to tap into and control those cosmic energies that she already has a strong mental link to innately. It is interesting that Kevin Feige has said that both Carol and Wanda are the strongest heroes in the MCU now, and it would make sense that it's not just because they both got their powers from Infinity Stones, but because they are able to harness these sorts of cosmic energies that typically are only found in places like the Infinity Stones. I have believed for a while that we'll eventually learn that Xandar tapped into the Power Stone while they had possession of it and created the Nova Force and when Xandar was destroyed, eventually we'll see how that power was passed onto Richard Rider.

I mean, I guess that stuff is already pretty standard for the MCU and what we've seen from the Infinity Stones basically since SHIELD was using the Tesseract as a battery, but it would be very interesting if they decided to make explicit, fundamental connections between the Infinity Stones and various energies in the universe like cosmic energies, interdimensional energies, and even magic. We've already learned from the Thor movies and Doctor Strange that "magic" is science that isn't yet understood, but Doctor Strange took it a step further to show that a lot of magic is straight up derived from interdimensional energies like pulling power from the Dark Dimension. We also see how he was able to go toe to toe with Thanos when he already had 4 stones with his magic, and even using the Time Stone was done trough a spell (which looked similar when Thanos used the stone on Vision as well). I'm excited for whatever explanation we get since I feel like it will open up a lot of possibilities for all sorts of crazy stuff going forward in the MCU.

Yeah, it's probably the most convenient explanation you could hope for. When the Big Bang happened it flooded the universe with cosmic energy. The Celestials, seeking to harness that power, would have used the Infinity Gems to do so and their experiments would have created the Eternals and the Deviants.

The Kree would later attempt to do the same with the Space Gem to create faster than light travel, which inadvertedly turned Carol Danvers into a being not unlike the Eternals. Similarly HYDRA would use the Mind Gem, turning Wanda and Pietro into the same, before it was placed inside the head of Vision by Ultron.

Given that magic in the MCU, according to The Ancient One, is all about drawing on energies from other dimensions, it makes you wonder why their magic can't draw upon the energies of their own universe - unless, of course, something is stopping them from doing that. Perhaps the Infinity Gems, by design, prevented anyone from accessing those cosmic energies? Or perhaps beings with far greater understanding of cosmic energy simply won't allow them to.

If it was the Infinity Gems themselves effectively preventing access to cosmic energies by design, their destruction might explain why Wanda's power has grown so much. Perhaps she could originally only access so much cosmic energy but now the Infinity Gems are gone, she can access so much more and she has no real control over it.

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
More like French Vision, which is Vision I guess.

For Eurovision it needs a whole lot more sparkle and pizzaz.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
My money is on

latest
Bonesaw is alternate universe Crossbones

Instead of hating Cap, he hates Spider Man

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
Careful out there people. Some Funko spoilers doing the rounds I wished I hadn't seen. New Spring Convention exclusives.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people are going to be angry there is only one episode this week because they saw the Screen Culture fan trailer that is close enough to real that mentioned two episodes.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so exited that Marvel Studios have absolutely nailed episodic content on their first try. There is the character development, consistent themes, little details, and overarching mystery that drives the audience to discuss the show within a community. And I've missed that.

It gives me a lot of confidence in their future shows.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I am so exited that Marvel Studios have absolutely nailed episodic content on their first try. There is the character development, consistent themes, little details, and overarching mystery that drives the audience to discuss the show within a community. And I've missed that.
I am loving Wandavision, but I am beyond excited for FatWS. It feels like the Captain America: Winter Soldier follow-up that, much as I love Civil War, we never really got.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it literally headed that way at the end of Episode 3.

Sure, but there's a massive difference between "Wanda will do everything to stop anyone intruding on the perfect life she created for herself and Vision" and "Wanda goes insane from giving birth to two sons and realising they were never real". The more ingrained Wanda becomes in this fake reality she has seemingly created for herself, the more painful it'll be for her to accept none of it is real. We assume that she's going to be fine after this show because she's in Doctor Strange 2, but it's becoming increasingly likely that this whole thing will just break her.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sure, but there's a massive difference between "Wanda will do everything to stop anyone intruding on the perfect life she created for herself and Vision" and "Wanda goes insane from giving birth to two sons and realising they were never real". The more ingrained Wanda becomes in this fake reality she has seemingly created for herself, the more painful it'll be for her to accept none of it is real. We assume that she's going to be fine after this show because she's in Doctor Strange 2, but it's becoming increasingly likely that this whole thing will just break her.

So far I think all signs point to Wanda being the "villain" in Doctor Strange 2

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Careful out there people. Some Funko spoilers doing the rounds I wished I hadn't seen. New Spring Convention exclusives.
I'm waiting for lego sets even though they spoiled Far From Home for me. Also I often wonder how many Funkos are buried in landfill. I heard somewhere you could fill a whole football stadium of the discarded Funkos.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Jan 26, 2021
How long do you guys think that the fifth episode will be? I'm hoping that it's at least 40 minutes without the credits.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think most are assuming Wanda will have a breakdown on this show leading to her being the "villain" in Doctor Strange. It would be the natural course going down this road.

Those aren't that big spoilers. Just Halloween costumes.

How long do you guys think that the fifth episode will be? I'm hoping that it's at least 40 minutes without the credits.
25-30 minutes. Like prior episodes.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This does make me think... if those kids aren't real, this show is going to get a lot darker isn't it? 🤔

I feel like the kids are real but they could still do a house of m thing when she fully accepts that vision's dead dead and she's been propping up his corpse this whole time

the kids seem like too much of an opportunity for future MCU stuff

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. You asked what we think, lol. I'm only basing it on being a sitcom episode again (with stuff from the real world bleeding in more and more, and the mystery unraveling, and it all becoming more chaotic), and all the episodes having been 20-30 minutes long so far. And I don't think longer episodes happens until the end.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Question for those who have seen the leaks (just a simple yes or no please)

A video popped up in my recommendations that "leaked" an Episode 6 promo with a thumbnail of Fox Quicksilver. I remember the gossip-y rumor that he was cast very early in production. Is this legit or just some cruel clickbait? The same YT page had an apparent Episode 1 promo for What If, so I'm not not too convinced.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

A video popped up in my recommendations that "leaked" an Episode 6 promo with a thumbnail of Fox Quicksilver. I remember the gossip-y rumor that he was cast very early in production. Is this legit or just some cruel clickbait? The same YT page had an apparent Episode 1 promo for What If, so I'm not not too convinced.
Is there going to be Fox Quicksilver? No with a "but"

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017

Folks prefer you hop to the leak thread for that stuff.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I vaguely want to read The Vision bc it has WandVision vibes but also I've never read a Marvel comic in my life and it looks super depressing?