• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pet Avengers incoming
Throg can appear in Thor Love & Thunder
Ms. Lion can appear in the next Spider-Man (Rescued by Aunt May)
Lockjaw in Ms. Marvel
Redwing needs to be turned into a real Falcon in F&TWS (Via Magic / Multiverse shenanigans)
Zabu can appear in Loki (Appearing to be Time Travel but no! It's the Savage Land)
Niels the Penitent Puss can appear in Moon Knight v:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They did...

Kinda 😬
latest

It's like they were embarrassed by the weird comic book stuff that happened in those titles or something.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Not like the MCU is all that much better when it comes to animal characters. They made Redwing a robotic drone :(

Though I'm holding out hope we get another Redwing in the Falcon show

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
From the trailer it looks like sparky is not green which makes me a bit sad

Man wouldn't it be something if we get Viv in this show? No, I won't get my hopes up

Oct 25, 2017
Lockjaw in Ms. Marvel
Redwing needs to be turned into a real Falcon in F&TWS (Via Magic / Multiverse shenanigans)
Zabu can appear in Loki (Appearing to be Time Travel but no! It's the Savage Land)

Cosmo could be in it

luca

Oct 25, 2017
From the trailer it looks like sparky is not green which makes me a bit sad

Man wouldn't it be something if we get Viv in this show? No, I won't get my hopes up
Wait. Sparky has not been in any officially released media. It's just his dog house.

Please don't tell me you saw a fan trailer with leaked footage in there from some third party, lol.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Sparky has not been in any officially released media. It's just his dog house.

Please don't tell me you saw a fan trailer with leaked footage in there from some third party, lol.
There is a dog in one of the trailers-it's an overhead shot of the house and shows people walking out and the dog is in front.
wandavision-trailerbreakdown-house-overhead-80s-700x506.jpg

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe everyone, but Wanda and Agnes, in Westview is a synthezoid, including Sparky.

That's what Herb was trying to say. "She came here because we're all…"

luca

Oct 25, 2017
There is a dog in one of the trailers-it's an overhead shot of the house and shows people walking out and the dog is in front.
Oh, never thought of that one being Sparky. Well, they could still go there I guess. Dark, sure. But I hope this show will embrace all the tragic.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The Russo Brothers' words have authority since they're the filmmakers.

Obviously, as the filmmakers, they have authority, but I wasn't arguing that he's not free. I was thinking about the when he actually became free. The article you linked only references a tweet from the Russos that Red Skull is free, but doesn't really go into a ton of detail as to when he's free, and, obviously, they couldn't go into Endgame territory at the time of that tweet (2018). I assume it must have been when Thanos destroyed the Infinity Stones, not when he obtained the Soul Stone. My thought process is that even if someone obtains the Soul Stone, after it's used, it returns to Vormir, and there is a keeper to watch it. Thanos used the Soul Stone twice. Once to dust half of all living beings, and again to destroy the Infinity Stones of his reality. So there was no stone to return to Vormir, and no longer a need for a keeper of the Stone, Red Skull or otherwise.

Since Clint and Natasha go to alternate reality Vormir, Red Skull is also the keeper of the Soul Stone in that reality, which, I think is interesting, as it's an alternate reality. It could have easily been someone else chosen in that reality to be the keeper of the stone, yet it was Red Skull.

As a writer, I think that keeping Red Skull as a keeper in both realities is narrative shorthand for the audience to not have to process a ton more questions that the premise of the film itself already overloaded them with (and looking at how many analyses of the "time travel" in Endgame there are, I assume a lot of people were confused, despite the film having 3 separate scenes explaining it). I can roll with their explanation, as it's not something I'm particularly hung up on when it comes to plot threads in the MCU. Ultimately, the Soul Stone in "our" reality was destroyed by Thanos, and I'm much more interested in the ramifications a reality that doesn't contain Infinity Stones will have on the greater MCU.

The Ancient One's reality we see in Endgame should be fine, since Steve returned the Time Stone there. Ditto for the other realities we saw in that film (with the one exception being the reality in which Loki escapes with the Tesseract, but the Loki series is going to explore that reality). So Steve returns the Soul Stone to the reality in which Red Skull is still the keeper of the Soul Stone. And it has to be that reality, as the Stones needed to be returned to the realities in which they were borrowed, at the time they were taken, so Red Skull will not have been freed in that reality, just the one our current MCU is playing out in, in which Thanos obtained, then destroyed our Soul Stone. And that was the entire point of my earlier post musing over what a Steve/Red Skull reunion on Vormir must have been like. I'm sure Red Skull will pop up again. My speculation would be that he crops up again to challenge Sam and Bucky at some point. Bucky would certainly have a bone to pick with Red Skull, and isn't as amicable as Steve. Sam doesn't have a connection to Red Skull, but as the New Captain America, I imagine if Skull returns to his old ways, he'd target Sam for what he stands for.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, as the filmmakers, they have authority, but I wasn't arguing that he's not free. I was thinking about the when he actually became free. The article you linked only references a tweet from the Russos that Red Skull is free, but doesn't really go into a ton of detail as to when he's free, and, obviously, they couldn't go into Endgame territory at the time of that tweet (2018). I assume it must have been when Thanos destroyed the Infinity Stones, not when he obtained the Soul Stone. My thought process is that even if someone obtains the Soul Stone, after it's used, it returns to Vormir, and there is a keeper to watch it.

Nah. If the Soul Gem returned to Vormir after being used, Thanos would've lost it after Infinity War. We know he didn't because he used it again weeks later and destroyed it entirely. It's safe to assume that Red Skull was freed of his duty in 2018, when the Soul Gem left Vormir.

Of course the real issue is he has no way off the planet. Vormir evidently isn't a world that anyone really visits so Red Skull can't just hitch a ride back to Earth. I assume some convenient plot device will allow him to do so eventually, but whether he got Snapped or not will decide whether he's been on Earth for years under a different guise or his return to Earth will be a big deal in the future.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020

Nah he's in the trailer, albeit briefly. The one released during investors day. Of course it might be a random dog but I find it unlikely

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nah he's in the trailer, albeit briefly. The one released during investors day. Of course it might be a random dog but I find it unlikely
Yeah, I think you're on the spot with it. Would be funny if she just colored it green due to stress during a battle and have that be a callback to the comic version.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Lockjaw in Ms. Marvel

Cosmo! Although he might be offended

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Nah. If the Soul Gem returned to Vormir after being used, Thanos would've lost it after Infinity War. We know he didn't because he used it again weeks later and destroyed it entirely. It's safe to assume that Red Skull was freed of his duty in 2018, when the Soul Gem left Vormir.

Of course the real issue is he has no way off the planet. Vormir evidently isn't a world that anyone really visits so Red Skull can't just hitch a ride back to Earth. I assume some convenient plot device will allow him to do so eventually, but whether he got Snapped or not will decide whether he's been on Earth for years under a different guise or his return to Earth will be a big deal in the future.
Red Skull appearance in FaTWS?

It'd be neat if he hitched a ride with some random alien some time, and maybe in Thor 4 we see him in the background on one planet, and in Cap Marvel 2 we see him in the background somewhere else, and he slowly makes it back to Earth....and then gets wrecked by Falcon America and the Winter Soldier tag team ala Steve/Bucky vs Iron Man.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Red Skull appearance in FaTWS?

It'd be neat if he hitched a ride with some random alien some time, and maybe in Thor 4 we see him in the background on one planet, and in Cap Marvel 2 we see him in the background somewhere else, and he slowly makes it back to Earth....and then gets wrecked by Falcon America and the Winter Soldier tag team ala Steve/Bucky vs Iron Man.
This is one of the greatest ideas I've read. Would be hilarious watching his travels back to Earth in a background scene for each movie and show leading to his eventual arrival in something.

That said, I still think he's free to float to whatever planet of his choosing and then be let go.

Red Skull and Baron Zemo in the same show would make it the best thing ever.

[edit] I didn't even realize we were in the WandaVision OT lol, thought I was in some thread about the new FAWS character posters.

Last edited:

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what would the Red Skull's motivation even be at this point lol

I'm sure he's still evil though

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Well the one good thing they can use from that run is just say Red Skull cloned himself and that's why he's back to being an evil Nazi instead of a space ghost for future appearances

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New episode breakdown up here. I've really enjoyed his analysis so far, even if I disagree and still think there is someone else behind it.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I saw this picture and it made me realize that it seems like they used the same house in different eras but redid all the landscaping (except the big tree) and replaced the fencing. Just some clever angles and swapping out the car, perhaps a little VFX, and I really had no clue that it was all the same house.

Okay, I'll use the above 80's era picture for the reference for the layout of some of these other pictures but look at the neighbor's house on the left of Wanda and Vision's house and see how the bay window and the bush is exactly the same as the same house when Wanda is outside in the 60's.
5FkfRnW.png

Now, even though you can't see the door very well in the wide 80's shot, here are two pictures of the front door in the 50's and 60's. Notice the stone pathway from the driveway to the front door and the mound of woodchips or whatever to the right of the door under the window. The house is basically the same in both eras but with a different door.
U47zgsv.png

YR6tYEC.png

Now the 70's shot is where I'm sure people will think it's different house, but look at how close the big tree is next to the driveway. You can also see the woodchips below the window and barely make out the stone pathway.

Z9KDCoT.png

Now look at the driveway and compare to this shot of the driveway from the 50's. Similar light and placement of the light on the garage, similar divide of the siding (with stone in the 70's house on the bottom), same rain gutter, and we can see the tree behind Vision is the same one next to the driveway that we can see leans forward quite a bit from the angle in the 80's shot.

3R9PlHf.png

Finally, we have the neighbor's house on the right. We first see it as Wanda and Vision pull into their driveway in the opening of the 50's era episode. Again, compare the layout to the 80's shot and you can see the similar curve to the curb by the driveway, the same placement of the mailbox, a similar lightpost in the front yard, and the fire hydrant next to the mailbox is covered by a bush.

65mrGbo.png

If you look at the neighbor's house, it looks just like Herb's house in the 70's, which appears to have been painted on a background in a set.

EpJgYQ3.png

One weird thing is that the bay windows that seem to be in every other shot to the right of the front door seem to be gone in the 70's so I don't know if that was just added in later digitally in the 70's shot, which would make sense since it's only used in an establishing shot and the rest of the outside shots seem to be on a set.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, that's also true. I'm just not sure Thanos simply taking the Soul Stone freed Red Skull, but if the Russo's say so, it's not like it breaks the universe or will keep me up at night. I'd like to see Red Skull show up again, so knowing he's out there somewhere is cool either way.

I imagine then that the Soul Stone returns to Vormir when the wielder is "done" with it, or the wielder dies. Thanos, being the asshole he is, destroyed the Soul Stone. I know he says that they served no purpose other than temptation, and while he's not known to lie in the MCU, I think a part of him destroyed the Stones because he knew it was only a matter of time before someone (not necessarily the Avengers), came to retrieve them, and he destroyed them so they couldn't be potentially taken and used against him.

I wonder if previous users of the various infinity stones willingly gave them back up, or just kept them until they died. I can't remember if that was ever alluded to in the movies. And I don't mean a single person wielding all of them, but various people wielding a single stone each. I'm sure the comics have other explanations about their nature, but the MCU seems to have stuck with a very straight forward interpretation of them (which isn't a negative; as a MacGuffin for 23 films, simplifying their purpose and execution was for the best lol).

I'm sure they'll come up with some malarkey to get him off of Vormir. Like Thor says, it's Space Magic, so it could be something as simple as, once he was set free, his essence/spirit/body/whatever, was returned to it's point of origin, which is Earth. There could be a whole plotline about Red Skull being warped back to Earth after the events of Infinity War and Endgame, and slowly rebuilding his former life.

EDIT: Apologies for going off topic, guys!

As for WandaVision, I loved the last episode so much. I've actually been waiting two weeks between episodes, so I can watch two at once, since they fly by so fast. So Friday, I watched Episodes 3 and 4, and will do the same for Episodes 5 and 6. Since I have so many other things to watch and catch up on, or play, it hasn't actually been that bad. I did even more for The Mandalorian (I didn't watch the season until there were 2 episodes left to air).

Oct 25, 2017
just caught up on the last two episodes tonight
damn shit's going down huh
i am totally here for wanda reanimating vision's dead body like a magic memory puppet after a mental breakdown
creepy
also I love these returning characters from thor and ant man, they seem better here than they were before

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Red Skull MCU sucks and is a dead end. Weaving is done with the role, his nemesis has exited the franchise, and he's just a goofy nazi, he's not really an interesting character even in the best of times.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Jan 26, 2021
just caught up on the last two episodes tonight
damn shit's going down huh
i am totally here for wanda controling vision's dead body like a puppet after a mental breakdown
creepy
also I love these returning characters from thor and ant man, they seem better here than they were before

Wanda is not controlling Vision's body like a puppet; she's simply providing it with the type of energy that the Mind Stone provided Vision since her powers derive from the Mind Stone. If she were controlling him like a puppet, then he wouldn't repeatedly question the reality of WestView since doing so contradicts Wanda's desire.

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Red Skull appearing in Thor: Love and Thunder or Guardians Vol. 3. Probably not as the villain, but as a tease or lead-in to a future project.