• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, this whole time I've been operating as if this thread is an open thread for spoilers (not leaks spoilers but everything else) lol

Should I not be doing that?

Rewatching ep2 with my mom..... Dennis the mailman isn't on the resident board either, is he?
That and Agnes' weird conversation with him.... Is he the person Woo was looking for?

Yeah, "don't shoot the messenger" and all

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I'm gonna be honest, this whole time I've been operating as if this thread is an open thread for spoilers (not leaks spoilers but everything else) lol

The other thread I made was specifically for leaks; posting regular episode spoilers should be fine here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

This thread is only for episodes as they are put up on D+. So anything up to episode 4 is fine.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I just hate that the leaks have poisoned the potential discussion,theories and what would happen is more than half the fun in shows like these
If people would just exercise some restraint, it wouldn't be a problem. I've seen the leaks. They mean nothing to me. I'm not alluding to them in my speculation about whats happening. It's not hard.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, "don't shoot the messenger" and all

He was in WitSec, because he was going to rat someone out (delivering "mail") and someone wants to kill him for it ('Shoot the messenger')

Damn....

EDIT: I haven't read any leaks fwiw, so no need to be afraid this is one of those "leaks masqueraded as theory" posts

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could easily be Wanda herself, she doesn't want those events to be part of her life.
Why allow the broadcast at all, then?
Just realized that the FF is gonna be introduced as astronauts getting snapped out then snapped in and they would be hit by cosmic rays their spaceship is gonna be outta of place when the snap happened
I like this theory.

keep mining and exploring the consequences of the blip!

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Wanda's spell altered the memories of random people around the world who knew the guy Woo is after.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Agnes' interaction with the mailman definitely seems like something that is going to be called back to, it's such an odd scene with no real given context.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Clever.

but then who is censoring the broadcast?
LeafyUnawareGuineafowl-size_restricted.gif

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'm thinking the classic sitcom trope where Vision has to go golfing with his boss and a client, but he has to try to not play too well and let his boss win, and the client is Ultron so he's also trying to deal with that revelation and what Ultron is up to on the links.
I would be up for that just at "Ultron goes golfing".

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Four episodes in and pretty much nothing happened. The forth episode seemed interesting but it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. This show is really bad so far.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Four episodes in and pretty much nothing happened. The forth episode seemed interesting but it didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. This show is really bad so far.

Between this show and The Mandalorian, I legitimately think there are people on ERA that don't know how to watch TV, or have any semblance of understanding how character/plot/world build-up works.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already posted pages ago. Just giving my opinion on the show like I do with loads of other media stuff on era. That's what boards are there for, right? Seems like you just don't like my opinion.
I find it difficult to believe that it's genuine.

"Nothing happened" after an episode where a ton of cool shit happened. Sure Jan.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Between this show and The Mandalorian, I legitimately think there are people on ERA that don't know how to watch TV, or have any semblance of understanding how character/plot/world build-up works.

Ehh, I like this show and I absolutely loathe the Mandalorian. It speaks to how compelling Olsen and Bettany are as leads that they can make a slow boil watchable in a way that a show like Mando with a lot more action cannot because of unbelievably dull the main character is.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Ehh, I like this show and I absolutely loathe the Mandalorian. It speaks to how compelling Olsen and Bettany are as leads that they can make a slow boil watchable in a way that a show like Mando with a lot more action cannot because of unbelievably dull the main character is.

That would be your opinion on that matter, but I was more referring to those that were saying how nothing was happening in that show and that episodes that did advance character development or plot were lumped together as useless filler.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't get how you can say nothing happened in an episode that:
1. introduced sword.
2. introduced the adult Monica Rambeau.
3. showed the aftermath of the blip.
4. let us know what happened to Marcia Rambeau after CM.
3. Reintroduced Jimmy and Darcy.
4. Explained where the helicopter came from.
5. explained who the beekeeper was.
6. explained how Monica both entered and left Wanda's world.
7. explained where all the residents of the sitcom came from.
8. explained who was watching the show in universe.

I mean, if you can watch episode 4, and come away thinking "nothing happened" then I'm not sure what an episode where you think "something happened" would look like.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
After Episode 9:

"Nothing happened in that episode. Yeah Wolverine and Silver Surfer beat up Mephisto while Wanda and Dr. Strange fought a resurrected Thanos but we knew that was going to happen anyway".

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
1. introduced sword.

I mean, if you can watch episode 4, and come away thinking "nothing happened" then I'm not sure what an episode where you think "something happened" would look like.
"But I already guessed most of that so there was absolutely no need to show it at all!"

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
1. introduced sword.

Yeah, honestly, if you still think none of the 4 episodes so far have advanced the plot, then the show just isn't for you. It's fine. I'm very happy the MCU is experimenting so much with form, style, tone, structure, etc. As someone who really likes every MCU movie since Winter Soldier, this is one of my favorite pieces of comic book media ever.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the biggest Star Wars fanboy in the world, but Wandavision is a waaaaay better show than Mandalorian imo. The amount of online discourse it's generating is phenomenal.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
1. introduced sword.

But don't you get it? All that stuff is filler that doesn't matter in the long run because we already knew about it! Something only matters if a major character died! What's that, they revealed that Vision is still dead and has been a reanimated corpse this whole time leading to a whole lot of disturbing implications? Still doesn't count, and where's the character/plot development?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
But don't you get it? All that stuff is filler that doesn't matter in the long run because we already knew about it! Something only matters if a major character died! What's that, they revealed that Vision is still dead and has been a reanimated corpse this whole time leading to a whole lot of disturbing implications? Still doesn't count, and where's the character/plot development?

And then they come in later and say "it's just a joke, bro. y so srs, lol"

Plus, technically, Marcia died. :)