• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several people involved with the show in several interviews said 6 hours . It might be true when you take into consideration the hour and half of credits

It should work out, near enough.

Five half hour episodes, minus the seven minutes of credits in each episode, would work out at nearly two hours. If the last four episodes are an hour long each with the same seven minute long credits, then you'd have about five hours and a half hours worth of show. If the last episode is a hour and a half instead, then you get your six hours.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy we have the expository episode already and we meet the "outside" characters. Pretty sure the next following episodes we will see more and more of them.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Wanda isn't broadcasting the signal? At this point it's pretty clear Vision knows this is all bullshit, and broadcasting a signal seems pretty benign for an advanced super android, so maybe he's doing it as a distress signal (Vision would know Tony, whom he assumes is alive, would be able to receive this).

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Guys I know we like to cheer for our heroes...

But I think Wanda might be gone off the deep end and not coming back.

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
Does Monica have her powers presently? There was something that SWORD guy said about grounding her terrestially? Did that indicate she couldn't use her powers for missions off-world cause she just got back from the snap?

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
I feel like the broadcasting of the signal is just a side effect of Wanda creating her perfect little American sitcom world. The world follows TV rules, so the energy signature is a TV signal. Also so far we've seen her to be the one doing the editing/censoring, but the way they brought attention to it does indicate they want to point to some kind of outside source.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, pretty weak episode episode - mostly just an explicit confirmation of the stuff we already put together. Nice to have stuff confirmed (that it's Wanda doing it, not SWORD, and that Monica wasn't knowingly infiltrating) but nothing that really required a whole episode. Nice to see Darcy back as a continuity nerd, but like, she was barely tolerable comic relief 10 years ago, y'know?

Some great moments though - opening hospital scene and the in-universe ending, with zombie Vision - and I did appreciate taking some time to flesh out the MCU details in general. So not all bad.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Big Vision spoiler from the new promo:

It looks like Vision makes it out of the Westview "bubble", but there is a hole in his head (no Mind Stone) and he might be dying again. Very dark, Marvel.

Es55yPgW4AEs1He

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
My speculation is all tied up in figuring out who is in witness protection. Probably someone from a previous movie. Likely Ralph.

Does it turn out that he's... Pietro??? My instinct is to rule that out, as it doesn't really make sense but they could make it work.

Big side eye. Darcy is the absolute best.

Darcy is the Iron Man 3 of MCU side characters. Real love/hate thing for her character in the fandom.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, pretty weak episode episode - mostly just an explicit confirmation of the stuff we already put together. Nice to have stuff confirmed (that it's Wanda doing it, not SWORD, and that Monica wasn't knowingly infiltrating) but nothing that really required a whole episode. Nice to see Darcy back as a continuity nerd, but like, she was barely tolerable comic relief 10 years ago, y'know?

Some great moments though - opening hospital scene and the in-universe ending, with zombie Vision - and I did appreciate taking some time to flesh out the MCU details in general. So not all bad.

we gonna bonk you with meow meow

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so it was her (Monica) SWORD badge that was turned into a necklace in the sitcom reality, obviously.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn. I was so into the whole sitcom thing that i was worried about the implementation of all the outside stuff but this put my worries to rest. This is so good.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

So what you're saying is it actually would have been better to release it all at once so people didn't have time to speculate?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ok finished. Pretty major turning point for the series. We know a lot more about how we got here, but obviously we still need to know how exactly Wanda got here in the first place. Vision has to still be dead. That zombie vision, man

Interesting that they never identified Agnes. Woo and Darcy were great this ep too

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So what you're saying is it actually would have been better to release it all at once so people didn't have time to speculate?

Honestly? As much as i'd want the next episode asap, the speculation and discussion of the hints / easter eggs / callbacks in the series (in there on purpose or by coincidence) adds a huge part to the popularity of the show.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Guys I know we like to cheer for our heroes...

But I think Wanda might be gone off the deep end and not coming back.

I'm starting to get the impression that Wanda isn't in complete control herself.

Like, this is all happening under her power, but somebody else is pulling the strings. I keep thinking about the dark and aggressive shift in Wanda's manner when Monica gave herself away, and how Wanda seemed to be having an out-of-body experience after she expelled her.

I also keep going back to the line "For the children," compelled by the other suspiciously aware character we've met. A character we haven't seen since Wanda got pregnant. That line feels more loaded the more I think on it.

She's made a devil's bargain with someone.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the weekly format is great. reminds me a little of HoX/PoX where every week we're all reconvening to be like what in the fuck let's unravel this shit

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the episode. It mostly just explicitly confirmed what we already knew, but I still really liked seeing it all coming together and seeing what's happening from the outside.

The opening of the episode however - holy fucking shit. We got a tiny hint of that in Spiderman FFH, but that was mostly a world that had moved on already. Seeing that chaos unfolding in real time - wow.

And Vision's corpse at the end legitimately made me jump.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? As much as i'd want the next episode asap, the speculation and discussion of the hints / easter eggs / callbacks in the series (in there on purpose or by coincidence) adds a huge part to the popularity of the show.
I was just surprised to see some people disappointed with this episode since for me it was one of the most interesting yet. But I haven't really taken part in that and just waited for the next episode.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't see any other Avenger helping with this but Strange.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
If Wanda ends up being a villain I will be very upset. At the same time Elizabeth Olsen is so incredibly good in this show when she's clearly off the rails so it's bittersweet.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, Iron Man 3 is great, Darcy is terrible, but I guess if there's any place for a D-tier sitcom performance it'd be a show about sitcoms.

Nah, it's just the delivery that I take issue with. I would have kept everything up until Monica gets sucked in, then pick things up when she gets kicked back out with a quick exposition dump. Most of the plot beats - SWORD putting everything on lockdown, Jimmy calling in, the hazmat suit/beekeeeper, the show being transmitted over the air - would have been spelled out pretty clearly, even to an audience not plugged into the speculation circuit.

"Monica, you're back! We've been following everything with these TVs - somehow she's been broadcasting all of this somehow, Darcy figured that out. I tried to make contact a few times, but it doesn't seem to have worked. We even sent in another agent through the sewer, any idea what happened to him?"

I think dedicating a whole episode to that is kind of a waste of time.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
-snip-

Clearly episode 4 was meant to help normies understand and not MCU fans well-versed in comics and forum chatter.

Edited: Okay, I see that other people responded in the same way I did. Edited my post.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Elizabeth Olsen's favorite thing in the comic books, from an interview in 2015:

"My favorite is House of M but that would never happen. If she could have two fake babies and everyone tell her that they don't really exist and then her just go nuts, that would be unbelievable, but I don't think they're gonna do that. It might be a little too dark for the Marvel universe. When she loses her mind it's my favorite thing in the comics."

How far we've come.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
you mean Tony Stark

It was his stupid idea
Tony Stark was the one that made the call to bring everyone back the way that they were. He didn't want to lose his child.
Yes, but that was honestly the only choice they could have made. It wasn't just Tony being selfish. They could have snap wished for everyone to return just after Thor killed Thanos, but that would be erasing everyone born within the last five years. How could Hulk and the others ever live with the knowledge that they were responsible for that?

What they did was messier and more flawed, but also the only sane choice imo. They couldn't completely undo the horror Thanos caused.

So how exactly is she rewinding time?
Is she rewinding time? I take it that she's the one censoring the broadcast, and just isn't showing the parts where elements 'break character', so to speak. Plus S.W.O.R.D. aren't necessarily watching the 'feeds' in real time, and it seemed to take a few minutes for Monica to be ejected from Westview after they noticed that cut.

That said, reality manipulation has always been Wanda's power, and she's been getting stronger with each movie. So rewinding time wouldn't be a huge leap.

I have always wondered this about Vision... Isn't he like some kind of robot? How would he be able to do that?
Vision isn't just a robot. He's a synthetic lifeform that was also created with an Infinity Stone. He was as alive and sentient as any of the humans.

Last edited:

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
First, damn. RIP Maria. That was the last thing I wanted as I liked her and her relationship with Captain Marvel.

Also I smiled when Agent Woo did the card trick. <3

Darcy is back and I love her. I hope she gets a cameo in Thor: Love and Thunder or Ant-Man or something in the future.

Damn that Vision corpse was horrifying. Wanda is clearly in somewhat control. She absolutely knows that the reality they are in isn't real and can control it as she wishes, but I don't think she's 100% in control of it as a whole.

Also who is under protective services? It clearly wasn't Wanda. Is it somebody we've already seen or have we not seen them yet? There are still thousands of people in the town that haven't made their appearance yet, so I'm sure the person will pop up eventually. And it will likely be very obvious once we see them, right?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If Wanda ends up being a villain I will be very upset. At the same time Elizabeth Olsen is so incredibly good in this show when she's clearly off the rails so it's bittersweet.
I think it makes sense for her character. She has a lot a trauma & the events of WandaVision is only the beginning of her "villainy". Whatever conclusion we come to, she's not going to look at it as something she needs to learn from. She's going to double down on that shit & try to make everyone happy. We're going to get the MCU version of House of M & I'm so excited.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Wait! Here! Now! Why would dead vision be grey? Hes a robot. Colors dont change on material except for metals, and then not to matte grey...
He turned grey in Infinity War and technically he's a synthezoid.

I think it makes sense for her character. She has a lot a trauma & the events of WandaVision is only the beginning of her "villainy". Whatever conclusion we come to, she's not going to look at it as something she needs to learn from. She's going to double down on that shit & make everyone happy. We're going to get the MCU version of House of M & I'm so excited.
Yeah I do get it. But it's difficult because you can't have her go too far. I don't like House of M at all and that basically destroys her character by making her do something so horrific there is no coming back. Don't want to see them make the same mistake in the MCU but I definitely believe they know what they're doing.