• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
I sure hope there's some substantial 'making of' for this coming - disney+ has been good about that for Mandalorian, and I'd love to see the fine details of how they built these sets and pulled off the gags

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This episode was a bit of a let down for me. I've been obsessively reading this OT the past few weeks, and so for me this episode was a lot of just confirming the suspicions people already had about what was going on.

Which isn't entirely the show's fault! For the non MCU nerds this seems like a good catch up episode to get everyone up to speed. I just feel like they didn't need to take the entire runtime to explain each and ever anomaly Wanda experienced throughout the first 3.

A lot of the dialogue also felt chunky, which probably didn't help.

On the plus side, I really appreciate the arc they're giving Monica in this show! The hospital scene was well done! And of course, VISION CORPSE.

Still have high hopes for next week, bring on the eighties

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok so first of all, holy shit. this show is quickly vaulting its way into the S-tier of the MCU

next DARCY YESSSSS

if there's an episode that cold opens to darcy rummaging around her house getting snacks ready to binge wandavision that would be just absolutely fantastic

not exactly what happened but Darcy being excited Monica had a speaking role in the second episode, snacking while watching, and quipping "what? I'm invested" when Wanda had twins got me most of the way there.

also we're shipping Darcy and Jimmy Woo right? and not just us the literal MCU is setting them up right?

man, the endgame fallout. the no steaks brigade is gonna keep catching strays, huh? that shit was crazy

powered up Wanda bringing the legit terror and dead husk Vision holy shit

Voodoo Child (Slight Return) was an inspired choice to end the episode on

and Vision continues to look like he's not buying any of this shit

what a show

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope there's some substantial 'making of' for this coming - disney+ has been good about that for Mandalorian, and I'd love to see the fine details of how they built these sets and pulled off the gags

Problem there is some of this was shot under Covid-19 protocol and I doubt they're doing much BTS stuff while social distancing and minimizing crew.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Being covered in Wanda magic while passing through the reality warping radiation barrier seems a pretty likely source of super powers, especially since that specific thing will only happen to one person.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Audibly yelped at zombie Vision
giphy.gif

This episode was like "Why the MCU exists" proof of concept. Links to Thanos. Little references here and there. Bringing back characters. Just great stuff.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End of the first episode is literally SWORD agents taking notes on what they're reading from her projections.

Sure but they're only tuning into a broadcast frequency that was already there. Wanda wouldn't be broadcasting her life, especially if she's trying to stop intruders like Rambeau from interfering with it. So the question is, who is? We can't ignore that Westview has, effectively, become the Truman Show except the only person in on any of it seems to be Wanda herself.

The most obvious answer is that whoever helped Wanda set up this whole thing is, without her knowledge or consent, recording and broadcasting everything to an unseen audience. That's why I think it might be Mojo because that's literally his whole thing.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Now, I haven't finished my psych degree yet, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to say this. But this doesn't exactly seem like the healthiest way for Wanda to cope with loss.

Also; there are multiple parties watching Wanda. Right after the shot with Darcy tuning in on the old tv for the first time, there's a second shot of a guy watching on another screen, with green lights next to it. He's only partly in the shot, so he's unrecognizable.

My theory about Mephisto being the ultimate big bad in the background is still holding :)

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's the reason why all of Peter supporting cast even the school reporters got snapped as well so the writers can just write a straight sequel without having to think about this stuff

Pretty much
Sure but they're only tuning into a broadcast frequency that was already there. Wanda wouldn't be broadcasting her life, especially if she's trying to stop intruders like Rambeau from interfering with it. So the question is, who is? We can't ignore that Westview has, effectively, become the Truman Show except the only person in on any of it seems to be Wanda herself.

The most obvious answer is that whoever helped Wanda set up this whole thing is, without her knowledge or consent, recording and broadcasting everything to an unseen audience. That's why I think it might be Mojo because that's literally his whole thing.

She created a tv world to live in.

The containment field is created by that.

They're picking up the signal from within the radiation

Like you even see when Monica goes through the field she goes through essentially a bubble wall of crtv scanlines

Oct 25, 2017
I like this show but it's like eating a nice steak one bite every seven days. But also cram that one bite into your mouth as quickly as possible.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Being covered in Wanda magic while passing through the reality warping radiation barrier seems a pretty likely source of super powers, especially since that specific thing will only happen to one person.
What are the chances she already had super powers. She mention SWORD didnt have the word Creation now. Implying that it is trying to create sentient weapon before. It's also implied she used to have space mission and now grounded for earth mission. She seems like she already had her fair share of adventure.

She also noted about allies from space. I imagine she mean Carol Danvers and Thalos group of Skrulls

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
You wouldn't send Jimmy Woo and a couple of cops to casually go find the nuke though, the nuke being an Avenger. You send at least one Avenger. He said it was an informant of his/fbi's, I'm thinking low level villain.....I'm betting its Herb because I don't remember him on the board despite him being in the 1960s episode.. or Agnes which is why they didnt need to I.d. her...but my personal longshot...Micheal Pena as Luis!! "So Thanos stuck his thumb in your brain and you like died man.. but then came back."
I want a Luis recap of Wandavision.

Fuck I want a short series on D+ of Luis recapping each of the marvel movies.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
This was fantastic, but I'm thinking on holding up the next episodes until the season is over and I can binge them. Mandalorian (to say one """"similar"""" show) works great week to week due how well each episode works by itself, but this... not so much.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the previous teaser trailers there's this segment

Wanda "This is our home"
Vision "Then lets fight for it"

They are fighting against SWORDS isn't it

Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances she already had super powers. She mention SWORD didnt have the word Creation now. Implying that it is trying to create sentient weapon before. It's also implied she used to have space mission and now grounded for earth mission. She seems like she already had her fair share of adventure.

She also noted about allies from space. I imagine she mean Carol Danvers and Thalos group of Skrulls

Speaking of which, Monica is really talented if she's a captain already and high in the hierarchy of SWORD (obviously her mom started it, but still). She was blipped, so she can't be much older than 25. I'm assuming this is going to be her origin story, and I'm just as invested in what happens to her now as Wanda and Vision.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
This has a lot of new footage:

Vision saying "What's outside of Westview?"
Wanda's also saying "I don't know how any of this started".

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I continue to be very intrigued by the mystery, but that episode was just ok for me. I still enjoyed it, but not more than the previous three.

I think the setting of the show being "classic sitcom" really gave cover to a lot of what I don't like about the MCU's clunky/cheesy writing (or, at least, gave them the perfect setting to pursue that dialogue style in a more earnest and authentic way). But in the real-world setting, the dialogue was cringe worthy at times for me. It was the MCU's classic aversion to allowing any scene between multiple characters to build up emotional tension without it devolving into a battle of who can out "awkward joke" the other. And I like Darcy, but when she hit the coffee bit I rolled my eyes (ok, she's going to ask for the coffee and not get it, and to complete the bit she's going to ask for the coffee again and still not get it before we transition). Funny thing is, had one of the characters trapped in Sitcom-land hit that same bit, I probably would have liked it.

Overall, though, that's a minor gripe. WandaVision continues to be one of my favorite things the MCU's attempted. It's so weird (for the MCU), and the relationship between Wanda and Vision as this increasingly eerie mystery blooms around them is really compelling and well done. Also, I'm really curious about what's going on with Vision. He's supposed to be dead, but this episode made it really clear that he has an awareness completely independent of Wanda.

Also, going to disagree with my girl Monica. Do not think it's all Wanda...

For the children.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This confirmed a number of my theories BUT I did not expect that grim look at Vision in "reality".

Dammit I was hoping for a longer runtime but based on some saying the entire show is roughly 6 hrs or something, that could happen sometime later?

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
This confirmed a number of my theories BUT I did not expect that grim look at Vision in "reality".

Dammit I was hoping for a longer runtime but based on some saying the entire show is roughly 6 hrs or something, that could happen sometime later?

I'm giving up hope on 6 hours. I'm starting to think that is a straight up lie, because we are almost at the halfway mark in episodes and we haven't even reached 2 hours once you take away the credits

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
This episode didn't contribute to the greater mystery at all, just confirming what we all already assumed from a different perspective. Definitive proof that Wanda is knowingly keeping people trapped. Strange they didn't make note of them not having a Dottie sheet on the wall or Agnes' drivers license. Hoping people can get useful info from screencaps of the SWORD notes.

At least we see how people came back (though in the Far From Home intro where people started showing up again, I don't remember it looking nearly this freaky). Info on SWORD.

That's what people assumed after Far From Home (personally I guessed that it referred to the snap, but was a term only pop, but this episode twice used "blip" as a term for everyone's disappearance. Will edit this post for specific quotes

EDIT: one was Monica's boss saying he lost half of his astronaut candidates in the blip, the half that remained became nervous wrecks. At the 4:35 mark.

The second was Darcy saying "[Vision] dead, right? Not blipped. Dead." at the 15:45 mark.

I agree. I thought Parris was good, but didn't like what we saw of Monica's boss or agent Woo

re: "The Blip", you can see on the big screens when Monica enters SWORD HQ that a news ticker says "The Blip Brings Back Loved Ones". I think the subheading says "Once Gone Have Now Returned".

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I like how the episode implies there are additional episodes that we haven't seen (the footage of Geraldine reading the paper or whatever is new footage too I think).

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She created a tv world to live in.

The containment field is created by that.

They're picking up the signal from within the radiation

Like you even see when Monica goes through the field she goes through essentially a bubble wall of crtv scanlines

No, Darcy said there are two signals. One was cosmic radiation and the other was an actual broadcast signal. It makes no sense for Wanda to be broadcasting her life on television, especially since anyone knowing what's going on in Westview risks undoing everything.

Wanda's powers may be the source of what's going on - the Infinity Gems were created by the Big Bang after all and presumably powered by cosmic energies, which would mean Wanda's powers (and Carol's, but she's not in this) draw upon those same energies - but all this is a lot more complicated than I think Wanda could pull off.

Like I said, this is basically the Truman Show. Someone is recording, editing and broadcasting what's happening in Westview. Even parts that Wanda wouldn't know about. I think Wanda has absolute control over everything and everyone inside Westview, but someone else is controlling the broadcast signal and what everyone outside of Westview sees.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Honestly, it was a great episode.

Unlike the Netflix MCU shows, this felt really interesting to see the backstory of one of the side characters, and we picked up at a great moment for her. A career military woman is put right back into the world 5 years later, her mom died in between, and she's lost the chance at doing the stuff she wanted to do in her job.

I have to wonder if Monica also "saw" the dead Vision. I'll assume we're getting another 2 sitcom episodes, then back to reality, or maybe a mix. Hard to know.

Also I wish everyone griping about the weekly releases would just put this thread on ignore and come back in a few weeks. People have no paitence.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
No, Darcy said there are two signals. One was cosmic radiation and the other was an actual broadcast signal. It makes no sense for Wanda to be broadcasting her life on television, especially since anyone knowing what's going on in Westview risks undoing everything.
The broadcast signal was inside the radiation hence why she first picked it up on her radiation equipment.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The episode didn't really say anything I hadn't already assumed, but it was still super fun seeing everyone else respond to the situation.

And the scene showing the reappearance of the snap victims was amazing. I can't wait for more stories that center around those affected by it, because for as many people who would have been reunited with their loved ones because of Tony's snap...there will also be an endless amount who returned to find everything they loved was gone. Potentially even directly as a result of their disappearance. Absolutely brutal.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

Wanda's powers may be the source of what's going on - the Infinity Gems were created by the Big Bang after all and presumably powered by cosmic energies, which would mean Wanda's powers (and Carol's, but she's not in this) draw upon those same energies - but all this is a lot more complicated than I think Wanda could pull off.

Like I said, this is basically the Truman Show. Someone is recording, editing and broadcasting what's happening in Westview. Even parts that Wanda wouldn't know about. I think Wanda has absolute control over everything and everyone inside Westview, but someone else is controlling the broadcast signal and what everyone outside of Westview sees.
She's creating the world in a tv vain she isn't controlling how it gets achieved. So no it's not her goal to make it a signal picked up it just is

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Audibly yelped at zombie Vision
giphy.gif

This episode was like "Why the MCU exists" proof of concept. Links to Thanos. Little references here and there. Bringing back characters. Just great stuff.
Yep.

I actually wish we got more stuff like the hospital scene. That sort of stuff is endlessly fascinating and a really deep well to explore. Marvel could make straight up serious dramas exploring this for regular people, with no super heroes in it at all.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The episode didn't really say anything I hadn't already assumed, but it was still super fun seeing everyone else respond to the situation.

And the scene showing the reappearance of the snap victims was amazing. I can't wait for more stories that center around those affected by it, because for as many people who would have been reunited with their loved ones because of Tony's snap...there will also be an endless amount who returned to find everything they loved was gone. Potentially even directly as a result of their disappearance. Absolutely brutal.

it was hulk's snap

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Jimmy Woo nailing the card trick from Antman and the Wasp was hilarious payoff to that gag

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, Monica is really talented if she's a captain already and high in the hierarchy of SWORD (obviously her mom started it, but still). She was blipped, so she can't be much older than 25. I'm assuming this is going to be her origin story, and I'm just as invested in what happens to her now as Wanda and Vision.
She was like 10 in the 90s in CM its at least 20 years between cm and infinity wars so she should be in her 30s