• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I wouldn't bet on that. They have to introduce the fox properties somehow and its very telling that two upcoming tentpole movies are openly about the mulitverse. I think its very likely the xmen bleed into this universe. I highly doubt they do another origin story...
Any potential multiverses will almost certainly be limited to cameos and one-movie appearances. The Fox X-Men destroyed their reputation hard and to not start over with them would be a massive mistake.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I actually disagree and agree at the same time. I doubt they'll do another origin movie. But like with Spider-Man I think it'll be more that they respect the audience to know what mutants and the X-Men are so they don't need to spend an hour setting it up.

I am however 100% sure the Foxverse isn't just going to be merged in and have it called a day.
Then how do they, outside of a deleted Nick Fury end scene explain how they have been invisible and hands off through out the entire mcu. Not one peep through Ultron, Battle of New York, Thanos..are they all going to be teenagers as thats when it happens to mutants? Or adults with zero skill with their powers? Everyone including Professor X and Magneto are like Mcu Spiderman or Ant man?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then how do they, outside of a deleted Nick Fury end scene explain how they have been invisible and hands off through out the entire mcu. Not one peep through Ultron, Battle of New York, Thanos..are they all going to be teenagers as thats when it happens to mutants? Or adults with zero skill with their powers? Everyone including Professor X and Magneto are like Mcu Spiderman or Ant man?
They don't, they still come from another universe. Just not the messy-ass Fox universe.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Just do a montage showing them helping out in secret... then you jump start X-Men by having it leak to the press that the X Gene exists

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've said this multiple times on various threads. Why weren't they in NY or Sokovia, or the Wakandan battles? Because they weren't.

The X-Men in the early days only dealt with mutant stuff and rarely got involved in general superheroism as a whole. Some members like Angel, Beast and Iceman would but as a whole the X-Men were always about mutant problems or dealing with mutant threats.

There is also a matter of logistics. The Battle of New York lasted a few hours. Same with Sokovia (also half way around the world from Westchester where the X-Men are traditionally based)

With Thanos, the Q Ship spent about an hour in New York and then left. The Wakanda battle was over in maybe 3 hours if you include the Siege.

Add to all that, a group of MCU X-Men have no ties to other superheroes. They aren't getting calls from SHIELD to help out. Alot of the events of the movies would be learned after the fact.

If you are going to question "where were they?" the same thing applies to Cap in Iron Man 3, Tony in Winter Solider, any Avenger in Thor 2: The Dark World, any other Avenger in Spider-Man Far From Home, etc.

It's part of the conceit of cape comic storytelling sometimes its a team up, and sometimes it's a solo story.

The MCU X-Men would do well to be it's own thing at first. Establish that they have existed for a long time with Xavier and Max and just hand wave the rest.

Hell I'd love for the first movie be a out the original encounter with Krakoa showing more of an amalgam team of the the originals, 2nd wave, secret team and giant-sized team.

But regardless of that. There isn't any reason to not start again. Especially since the last three movies were nearly complete failures.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Did you see the size of the battlefield...
Yes.... and people habe literally gone frame by frame and scanned every face. Who is keeping this secret? Nick Fury isnt telling Cap theres a man who can twist Thanos armor, one who can invade his mind, a guy who literslly cant die and has taken on the hulk, not to mention some of the most powerful beings in Marvel. They were doing secret stuff? Cmon... they are coming from the multiverse.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I've said this multiple times on various threads. Why weren't they in NY or Sokovia, or the Wakandan battles? Because they weren't.

The X-Men in the early days only dealt with mutant stuff and rarely got involved in general superheroism as a whole. Some members like Angel, Beast and Iceman would but as a whole the X-Men were always about mutant problems or dealing with mutant threats.

There is also a matter of logistics. The Battle of New York lasted a few hours. Same with Sokovia (also half way around the world from Westchester where the X-Men are traditionally based)

With Thanos, the Q Ship spent about an hour in New York and then left. The Wakanda battle was over in maybe 3 hours if you include the Siege.

Add to all that, a group of MCU X-Men have no ties to other superheroes. They aren't getting calls from SHIELD to help out. Alot of the events of the movies would be learned after the fact.

If you are going to question "where were they?" the same thing applies to Cap in Iron Man 3, Tony in Winter Solider, any Avenger in Thor 2: The Dark World, any other Avenger in Spider-Man Far From Home, etc.

It's part of the conceit of cape comic storytelling sometimes its a team up, and sometimes it's a solo story.

The MCU X-Men would do well to be it's own thing at first. Establish that they have existed for a long time with Xavier and Max and just hand wave the rest.

Hell I'd love for the first movie be a out the original encounter with Krakoa showing more of an amalgam team of the the originals, 2nd wave, secret team and giant-sized team.

But regardless of that. There isn't any reason to not start again. Especially since the last three movies were nearly complete failures.
Well I guess well see. Next spiderman leaks and next dr strange plus
evan peters quicksilver
are very stongly pointing in that direction. also you know they have a jet right? And the snap... survivors said...nah... lets continue to remain secret. Eyeroll emoji..

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well, you see, Magneto causes a tsunami to hit Manhattan. Wasp drowns and is found by the Blob, who then literally eats her. But it's okay because giant-size Hank Pym then bites off Blob's head.

Obviously.
And then Hank bites off... Oh wait you included that part.

Okay well the one saving grace of the event is that Captain America and Thor fight the armies of Hel to retrieve the soul of Thor's lady love.

It honestly should have been the entire event considering how that part of the event ended in an ultimatum.

Better than Multiple Man suicide bombers and pointless gore.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well I guess well see. Next spiderman leaks and next dr strange plus
evan peters quicksilver
are very stongly pointing in that direction.
Adding the multiverse to the MCU doesn't mean that the multiverse instantly merges. I mean I'm up to speed with all leaks and spoilers but nothing I've read suggests that the multiverse is merging. I mean Tobey ain't taking over for Tom and I doubt Evan is taking over for Aaron. If Evan Peters does play Pietro, it's a reference not a do over.

As a brief aside fuck you Joss Whedon... For a lot of things but specifically for your stupid shock death trope. It got tired in Buffy and Angel and you did it back to back in Avengers movies. It's stupid.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Adding the multiverse to the MCU doesn't mean that the multiverse instantly merges. I mean I'm up to speed with all leaks and spoilers but nothing I've read suggests that the multiverse is merging. I mean Tobey ain't taking over for Tom and I doubt Evan is taking over for Aaron. If Evan Peters does play Pietro, it's a reference not a do over.

As a brief aside fuck you Joss Whedon... For a lot of things but specifically for your stupid shock death trope. It got tired in Buffy and Angel and you did it back to back in Avengers movies. It's stupid.
Im replying to your shy Xmen theory which is honestly silly. Professor X would not sit by as the world is being destroyed cause we only deal with mutant stuff.... will this precedent continue after they join? No we only do mutants..There is a reason all roads in at least first part of phase 4 seem to be leading to Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and they still havent annouced how they are adding the xmen. Writing is on the wall.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Im replying to your shy Xmen theory which is honestly silly. There is a reason all roads in at least first part of phase 4 seem to be leading to Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and they still havent annouced how they are adding the xmen. Writing is on the wall.
It's not a "Shy X-Men" it's literally how the X-Men were written for the entire Stan Lee run of the X-Men.

It was a different Era of comics for sure. But it still fits.

And also Kevin Feige has already stated that it will be a long while before we see the X-Men.

www.indiewire.com

Kevin Feige Says ‘It Will Be a Very Long Time’ Until the X-Men Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fans looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel and Wolverine fighting alongside one another will have to be extremely patient.

This isn't a stealth pilot. The X-Men are still probably four years out at least, assuming Covid hasn't pushed it out further.

And whatever they do I promise you it won't be "They came from another dimension" or "The Snap created mutants"

In the Marvel Universe mutants have existed since the first years of Homo Sapiens. And thanks to having the Conan license again they have existed for thousands upon thousands of years before recorded history.

Feige isn't going to respect comic history one minute and undo another minute.

The multiverse stuff has nothing to do with the Fox buyout. It was already planned, that's why we are getting the weirder things like the Eternals.

The current phase has a lot more to do with the very same concept Marvel Comics had to deal with in the 70s, "You know our universe and now... What If?"

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
It's not a "Shy X-Men" it's literally how the X-Men were written for the entire Stan Lee run of the X-Men.

It was a different Era of comics for sure. But it still fits.

And also Kevin Feige has already stated that it will be a long while before we see the X-Men.

www.indiewire.com

Kevin Feige Says ‘It Will Be a Very Long Time’ Until the X-Men Join the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Fans looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel and Wolverine fighting alongside one another will have to be extremely patient.

This isn't a stealth pilot. The X-Men are still probably four years out at least, assuming Covid hasn't pushed it out further.

And whatever they do I promise you it won't be "They came from another dimension" or "The Snap created mutants"

In the Marvel Universe mutants have existed since the first years of Homo Sapiens. And thanks to having the Conan license again they have existed for thousands upon thousands of years before recorded history.

Feige isn't going to respect comic history one minute and undo another minute.

The multiverse stuff has nothing to do with the Fox buyout. It was already planned, that's why we are getting the weirder things like the Eternals.

The current phase has a lot more to do with the very same concept Marvel Comics had to deal with in the 70s, "You know our universe and now... What If?"
So Professor X sat there after New York, after Ultron, after the Snap, after Thanos, and did nothing and told no one, except what Fury? Not Cap, Thor, Tony Stark the Wakandans...no one knew? No one said lets call them to the fight? Never called on them once.... maybe secretly though?? the mental gymnastics here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me that they had to get a good reason why Captain Marvel wasn't running around doing things since the 90s. I feel it's likely they would have to have a similarly good reason why mutants weren't doing...anything if they've been around for this long.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So Professor X sat there after New York, after Ultron, after the Snap, after Thanos, and did nothing and told no one, except what Fury? Not Cap, Thor, Tony Stark the Wakandans...no one knew? No one said lets call them to the fight? Never called on them once.... maybe secretly though?? the mental gymnastics here.
Modern Xavier in the comics definitely stays out of these affairs. Currently King in Black is happening and a Symbiote god has taken over the planet. The Avengers call up Xavier for help and he's all "Nah, we're good."
Professor-X-and-Magneto-in-King-in-Black.jpg

To answer your other questions-I don't think I've ever seen The X-Men get involved ever with a fight against Ultron. They have other fish to fry.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
It seems to me that they had to get a good reason why Captain Marvel wasn't running around doing things since the 90s. I feel it's likely they would have to have a similarly good reason why mutants weren't doing...anything if they've been around for this long.
Or they've been around in another dimension (im not just saying fox one) maybe they fought thanos in theirs without iron man and cap because they didnt exist. But to say theyve been hanging out just doing mutants things makes no sense.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Or they've been around in another dimension (im not just saying fox one) maybe they fought thanos in theirs without iron man and cap because they didnt exist. But to say theyve been hanging out just doing mutants things makes no sense.
I'm a fan of alternate universes generally so I would like that idea. And I agree that it doesn't seem like something that could realistically be kept secret in the MCU like this.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Modern Xavier in the comics definitely stays out of these affairs. Currently King in Black is happening and a Symbiote god has taken over the planet. The Avengers call up Xavier for help and he's all "Nah, we're good."
Professor-X-and-Magneto-in-King-in-Black.jpg

To answer your other questions-I don't think I've ever seen The X-Men get involved ever with a fight against Ultron. They have other fish to fry.
Not familiar with current run, stepped back from books a bit. But a quick review of the storyline it seems to me like they are setting up the xmen to save the day or cause animosity in the aftermath. But they know each other exist.. they asked them. They know they are there... they know their names, their powers. That they currently exist in Mcu and Tony Stark/Cap/Strange/Fury/Banner/Thor never once called up Professor X for help is a huge leap in logic. Fiege isn't that foolish especially since he has two upcoming movies and a current tv show likely involving the multiverse.. the perfect way to introduce fleshed out mutants to the Mcu

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Say, this machine has some shine.

Can't wait for the next episodes.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Can we spoiler tag discussion of the current run of X-Men. I'm not caught up.

Also, 30 minutes guys!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Alright I really enjoy the internationally same starting times for stuff on D+. I STILL have multiple issues with their website, but the fact that I can finally hype at the same time as you US weirdos do is great.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It'll be another few more hours before I can get to it but can someone tell me what the runtime is?