• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cannibalism is ULTIMATE.
Ultimates_%28Earth-1610%29_and_Franklin_Dukes_%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ultimatum_Vol_1_2_0001.jpg
what the fuck am I looking at here

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember the Liberators from Ultimate Marvel?

Not an idea I hated, even if the execution was pretty bad (as was most things in the Ultimates). Particularly the idea of a "Captain America" that was victimized by the US hegemony and leads an anti-American team of "villains."

Now that I think of it, they kind of play the same thing up with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Age of Ultron - "What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them in order to protect their country?"

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about the ultimates, if only Marvel had a poster on the writer's room "Edgy Not Allowed", everything would have turned out fine.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Saw a theory online regarding the people showing up in the commercials in the middle of the episodes. I'll spoil it because I know how some people are even with theories

The man and woman are the Maximoff parents

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I missed all the Ultimate Universe talk? All I have to say is Kitty Pryde + Peter Parker were adorable together.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Saw a theory online regarding the people showing up in the commercials in the middle of the episodes. I'll spoil it because I know how some people are even with theories

The man and woman are the Maximoff parents
Him as Magneto....I hope not. And now that they own Magneto's rights there is no way they aren't doing that. Maybe adopted parents?

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Why? I don't see a good narrative reason why it would be appropriate, or even make sense without a bunch of retconning.
You're arguing against retconning a retcon?? Google says they changed it in 2012.. so he was for the entire previous history. Fox used it just a couple years ago with her brother because its the better storyline. And if you want to create real ties to the fox universe it makes a ton of sense.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I mean mcu is way more ultimate universe than 616 universe. Nick fury being Samuel L Jackson for a start

IMO only in terms of design style and some character designs. Ultimate universe characters are way too steeped in 90s/early 00s edge. Especially Miller's Ultimates (Avengers), they are about as far away from their 616/MCU counterparts as you can get.

Cue the other infamous Cap panel:

96189ef01320062a381d5b0793997187cf-01-bryan-hitch.w710.jpg

Ultimates 2 was wiiiild, such a product of its time.

The only character that borrows more liberally from their Ultimate interpretation is Bendis's Spidey (as well as Miles later on).

Last edited:

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, but;

6tAeZxz.png

This is the only thread that my browser tells me isn't secure. Every other page and thread on Era seems fine. But every page of this thread gives me this.

Maybe all the mephisto talk here?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This one seems like a pretty slow burn so far. I hope there is a bigger payoff than there seems to be.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
You're arguing against retconning a retcon?? Google says they changed it in 2012.. so he was for the entire previous history. Fox used it just a couple years ago with her brother because its the better storyline. And if you want to create real ties to the fox universe it makes a ton of sense.
Im arguing against it making sense within the context of the MCU and serving little narrative purpose.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
To you.. I see a major hero having a conflicted hero/villan as her father as a solid storyline. And if
the fox universe is leaking in with fox quicksilver it makes sense

I'm not up to speed on leaks but...

We don't know if Evan Peters is in as quicksilver right? Because actors have played multiple roles before here, like in Civil War with Luke Cage's main villain, but if this is their bridge to fox it would blow my mind

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We don't know if Evan Peters is in as quicksilver right? Because actors have played multiple roles before here, like in Civil War with Luke Cage's main villain, but if this is their bridge to fox it would blow my mind
I really hope not. Fox universe has entirely different laws of physics. They got Back to the Future time travel. The overall lore of the MCU would be kinda broken then.

Seems sloppy. I hope he's playing a different character.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope not. Fox universe has entirely different laws of physics. They got Back to the Future time travel. The overall lore of the MCU would be kinda broken then.

Seems sloppy. I hope he's playing a different character.

It's almost definitely just a meta gag. He's not going to be part of the universe moving forward.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Off topic, but;

6tAeZxz.png

This is the only thread that my browser tells me isn't secure. Every other page and thread on Era seems fine. But every page of this thread gives me this.

Maybe all the mephisto talk here?
I get the same thing

Apparently it's the countdown timer linked. It's site is only http

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

Possible leak spoiler
a spanish voiceover actor might have leaked it in social media. Basically im playing Evan Peters as Quicksilver!!

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
It's almost definitely just a meta gag. He's not going to be part of the universe moving forward.
I wouldn't bet on that. They have to introduce the fox properties somehow and its very telling that two upcoming tentpole movies are openly about the mulitverse. I think its very likely the xmen bleed into this universe. I highly doubt they do another origin story...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I wouldn't bet on that. They have to introduce the fox properties somehow and its very telling that two upcoming tentpole movies are openly about the mulitverse. I think its very likely the xmen bleed into this universe. I highly doubt they do another origin story...
I actually disagree and agree at the same time. I doubt they'll do another origin movie. But like with Spider-Man I think it'll be more that they respect the audience to know what mutants and the X-Men are so they don't need to spend an hour setting it up.

I am however 100% sure the Foxverse isn't just going to be merged in and have it called a day.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but not these X-Men for a bunch of reasons. Start fresh.

Deadpool doesn't count since he only kinda/sorta existed in the Fox universe to begin with. He can jump around and it's whatever. The rest though...