• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Boy, that was amazing, but the week long wait will be painful, specially being so short! I love that the weirdness of the trailers is still noticeable, and that it seems to be escalating. I can't wait till we get to the office parody

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
I caught the obvious Hydra, Stark and AIM references but where do you see SWORD?
End of episode 1:

s4g5jb0.png

Episode 2:

s3i5kz0.png

s253kti.png

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed that. They pretty much nailed how I remember Bewitched being in the second episode. And damn, as corny as a lot of the jokes are, they still got me. The weekly wait is gonna be painful.

Roders

Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
I know what they were going for with the faux sitcom stuff but to drag it out over the whole episode was a mistake. Then to do it all again with a 2nd episode was annoying, I think I would struggle to ever rewatch these. These episodes really needed a secondary story outside of the fake reality to balance things. After the season is over I'm sure it'll be a good show overall once it tells the full story but it would be hard to recommend based on those 2 episodes.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you all for your answers regarding SWORD. That beekeeper is supposed to be AIM, not SWORD what fuckery is this?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What's up with the beekeeper anyway? Why a beekeeper costume of all things?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Is this going to be one episode per week ?
Just finished watching the first two episode and I need to know what the fuck is going on lol

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Since E5 seems like it's gonna be a Halloween episode, I wonder if this was meant to be the original release timing?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This show is absolutely not for me. I totally disliked both episodes. It's neither funny nor thrilling nor mysterious, it's just plain boring, unfunny and annoying.

But I didn't enjoy anything MCU related after Infinity War so maybe this franchise just run its course for me.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forced myself to watch both episodes.

Was tv really that bad in the 50's and 60's.
I never watched I Love Lucy or Bewitched, but I understood what they were trying to do.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
"Norm here is a communist"

got a huge laugh out of me.
I was actually wondering where the hell that came from. Does it have any significance? It was so random.

Forced myself to watch both episodes.

Was tv really that bad in the 50's and 60's.
I never watched I Love Lucy or Bewitched, but I understood what they were trying to do.
Yes.

There were some good series though. Get Smart was legit.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Wow I was not expecting to enjoy that as much as I did, those first two episodes were a ton of fun. I'm glad it's not just back to the basics with Marvel, this was soooooo fucking weird and I loved it

Last edited:

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't really feel anything while watching these 2 episodes.
My reaction was akin to "alright.. when will we get to the 'real' MCU part?"
If all the episodes are a sitcom parody I'll be very disappointed.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went in kinda expecting all the episodes available but oh well
so how many episodes per week we'll get, how many episodes is this show in total?

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't really feel anything while watching these 2 episodes.
I feel the same. I get what they're going for, and I guess I can appreciate it... but there's a reason the sitcoms they used as inspiration are outdated.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I was not expecting to enjoy that as much as I did, those first two episodes were a ton of fun. I'm glad it's not just back to the basics with Marvel, this was soooooo fucking weird and I loved it
Let's hope most of the audience thinks this, as well, because it sure feels like a lot of people in this thread just want "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" Marvel and can't handle the long-term storytelling or obviously skewered tropes.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
X-Men has always felt built for a TV show to me. There's just too many characters from the start.
I'd seriously prefer X-Men to be a Disney+ series over a movie for this reason, or at least if there was a X-Men movie that it would mainly focus on specific teams while they could do something like a series about Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters that expands and develops more characters.

I would have preferred Spider-Man to have a similar approach as well where instead of a trilogy we got a Disney+ sort of series that dug into all the characters and villains in Peter's world. Hopefully now we can see the flexibility to choose the format that works best for the stories they want to tell.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Speculation: before launch I sort of thought the twist would be that they trapped Vision (the data dump Shuri made) and not Wanda, and it's his hallucination and not hers. Vision's place of employment is giving me those vibes.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed to me to be a reference to the old sitcom trope of having characters that would be mentioned constantly in jokes without ever actually appearing. Eventually the unseen nature of the character becomes the joke.
Yeah. A recent similar gag is Frozen's wife who is heard but not seen in both Incredibles movies.

Cubo

May 14, 2018
Ok I LOVED this. I couldn't stop laughing during the magic show. Loved the animated credits in ep 2, and the over the top acting in ep 1. I could even do without the mistery part, I was having so much fun. The weirdy vibes were great too. Can't wait to find out more about what's happening.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Years of people bitching about Marvel being too formulaic and safe...

but there's a reason the sitcoms they used as inspiration are outdated.

I... I just...

354465d89c49a019a4aed77effcfa16d.gif

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Let's hope most of the audience thinks this, as well, because it sure feels like a lot of people in this thread just want "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" Marvel and can't handle the long-term storytelling or obviously skewered tropes.

It's like none of these people watched Pleasantville or played Tranquility Lane from Fallout 3. All of the promos thus far have been very clear about what you're about to get into.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Loving this so far. That was Agent Woo's voice from Antman 2 saying Wanda's name. Heard rumors he was in this

Last edited:

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Did they for real spend $150M on this? Crazy amount of money Disney has at their disposal.

Looking forward to getting into the actual substance of the show. Don't think they needed 10 minutes, let alone almost an hour, of the weirdness of the first two episodes.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Wanda: "This steak is the last man standing, Vision you tenderize it"

Vision loudly pounds the steak

Wanda: "Married men are killing single men at an alarming rate"

Hmmm

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the first 2 episodes. Quite intriguing. The magic show was truly funny. The show itself has quite a Lynch vibe when it goes dark, the choking scene being quite something. Elizabeth Olsen plays the hell out of her character.

Also this whole thing being practically a depression on superpowers makes it even more interesting.

Really curious for what will come.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they for real spend $150M on this? Crazy amount of money Disney has at their disposal.

Looking forward to getting into the actual substance of the show. Don't think they needed 10 minutes, let alone almost an hour, of the weirdness of the first two episodes.
Man, I can't believe how many of y'all just want the same old shit

i was reveling in this

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
With
the octagon and the guy in the "beekeeper" outfit I have a feeling AIM is who has Wanda and SWORD is who is trying to liberate her.

At first I thought she was just in the MCU version of Pleasant Hill but now I have a feeling AIM has her in a facility designed to harness her powers form themselves.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Yeah its a little disappointing to see but I think its win win for everyone and Marvel/Disney if stuff like this and I bet loki and maybe she-hulk, if they are doing a full on comedy, are going to be weird shows for people into the non standard stuff. and then the other shows like Falcon and Bucky, Ms.Marvel, and Moon knight are going to be a little more traditional in structure for super hero shows. Obviously that's pure speculation and this show could just turn into standard MCU fare after these opening episodes but a man can dream lol

Mar 19, 2020
Yeah, he really did. I laughed so much when he was pulling the faces. It was really great, but I wonder if it flew over most people's heads since his shows were only ever really popular here in the UK.

It caught me off guard when he did the face. My partner and me just looked at eachother and shouted Rik Mayall! Definitely the highlight for me.

I do wonder if people outside of the UK might notice. Maybe as Drop Dead Fred?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
its just a little too clever for what theyre trying to do. but at least its better than working at some agency saving the earth from bad guys

Oct 27, 2017
With
the octagon and the guy in the "beekeeper" outfit I have a feeling AIM is who has Wanda and SWORD is who is trying to liberate her.

At first I thought she was just in the MCU version of Pleasant Hill but now I have a feeling AIM has her in a facility designed to harness her powers form themselves.

possible, but
didn't the beekeeper have a SWORD logo?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched both episodes and I like where it's going. There's a nice mixture of comedy, suspense and even a little horror mixed in there. The moment with the bee keeper was definitely a tonal shift and I'm really curious about why people seem to blank out after they ask too many questions and are somehow injured.

I really liked the use of colour against the black and white, too. It really popped. Going by the end parts of that second episode, I actually think Wanda has more control over their surroundings than it seemed. She did basically rewind time, after all, which isn't so different from her doing the same to that plate she broke in the first episode.