• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Wanda is much more powerful than she appears in the MCU movies so far. This can be a very very bad thing depending on how her psychological state is doing.

At one point in the comics, she created an alternate reality (House of M) and later depowered a ton of mutants and eliminated mutants from being born with a single sentence.

Seems like she created her own little world somewhere, brought Vision back to life and started living a fantasy.

That or its just the work of some villian trapping them. *shrugs shoulders*
Yeah, it's either that or the below I think. Hoping for the former though the latter would make more sense all things considered.
Guessing they're trapped in this:
marvel.fandom.com

Pleasant Hill

26 appearance(s) of Pleasant Hill 15 minor appearance(s) of Pleasant Hill 16 mention(s) of Pleasant Hill 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Pleasant Hill 6 image(s) of Pleasant Hill

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Lol

She's the younger sister of the Olsen twins (Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen). I'm assuming you must be younger because they were household names in the 90s
Wait WHAT!? 🤯🤯🤯

Omg I k kw who they are but I never thought they were related and that she is the youngest sister of the twins WHAt!!!!!

Jesus. When I was growing up, they were famous yes i know about them but they dropped off after they went and did their own thing.

You just turned my world upside down. I can see the resemblance now. Haha.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
so is this just an alternate reality show or is it how they will bring back vision for future films?

regardless im def in.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Love them playing with aspect ratios in line with the shifting realities in the show. Goddamn.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Wait WHAT!? 🤯🤯🤯

Omg I k kw who they are but I never thought they were related and that she is the youngest sister of the twins WHAt!!!!!

Jesus. When I was growing up, they were famous yes i know about them but they dropped off after they went and did their own thing.

You just turned my world upside down. I can see the resemblance now. Haha.
Yep. The Olsen Twins had to go through the horrible child actress path so once they became adults they went super private, moved to France and started a billionaire dollar fashion company (yes, they are still super famous: just in fashion rather than hollywood)

Elizabeth got to avoid most of the child actress pitfalls so she continued her acting career. The three sisters actually look remarkably alike, the main difference being that Elizabeth is almost a foot taller than her older sisters:

0jxZA1e.jpg

Fun fact: the scene in the trailer with Wanda & Vision holding twin girls is a reference to the Olsen Twins. I imagine there'll be an episode dedicated to a Full House spoof.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Who is Kathryn Hahn and was she in a sitcom? Cause I'm starting to feel like that shot of her on the kitchen table is something I should recognize as a throwback to some role she used to have.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who is Kathryn Hahn and was she in a sitcom? Cause I'm starting to feel like that shot of her on the kitchen table is something I should recognize as a throwback to some role she used to have.

She's been on a million sitcoms as a guest role. Probably most known as her role as a foil for Adam Scott on Parks and Rec.

At least as far as sitcoms go.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Also Monica Rambeau and Darcy Lewis is there with the SWORD crew supposedly looking at the Monica Rambeau Wanda pulls into our reality. Does that mean Monica could be looking at an alternate dimension version of herself.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
She's actually in multiple scenes of the trailer which suggest she's a prominent character who can also move between the tv timelines. It's not so much of a sitcom reference as it is a clue to her importance.

Edit: this isn't a spoiler because I have no idea. Just speculation

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I found that out a while ago, from just wondering if she was related, still was a bit of a mind blower. Then I checked her IMDB and was like "ooooh yeah". She got into acting a bit under the radar and much older than what her sisters were effectively forced into.

I feel bad for Ashley but especially Mary-Kate she's been through some shit.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
This is easily the most interesting part of the Marvel canon and I've only seen 1 minute of it

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm the most interested in how this show begins. The set up for all the weirdness could be really interesting.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
So is Wandavision just going to be I'm Thinking of Ending Things but with sitcoms, and someone gets pulled out of Scarlet Witch's headcanon and into the MCU reality?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So is Wandavision just going to be I'm Thinking of Ending Things but with sitcoms, and someone gets pulled out of Scarlet Witch's headcanon and into the MCU reality?

There's probably a little more to all of this than just Wanda's reality powers awakening.

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness is probably going to be focusing quite a bit on the Dream Dimension, which is a universe manifested by the collective subconscious of all humanity.

Last edited:

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I hope this sticks to its weirdness and doesn't turn into Superhero Show #26 halfway through. Marvel doing a Doom Patrol or Legion-type show could be cool.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm looking forward to seeing how this story plays out, because I love the idea of this "Pleasantville" scenario Wanda has orchestrated (assuming it's Wanda creating the tv sitcom world), slowly unravelling over the course of the series. At least, that's the impression I get. Maybe Wanda herself doesn't realize that she's the one who created this world. We kind of get a little hint of that in the trailer earlier on.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
This looks awesome. Have they announced if this is dropping weekly or all at once when they do release it yet? Hoping it makes that December start date on Disney+ either way!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
There's a scene of her updating the furniture for the next time period though right?

Probably? I've only watched the trailer once. It probably is all her creation, but it's also possible that another force "trapped" her in this world (like the MCU version of Arcade or Mojo), and kept the illusion of her powers in tact. Realistically, I'm thinking this is a creation of Wanda, or Vision's Mind Stone. I'm leaning towards Wanda, myself.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So do we german peeps have to wait for disney+ release once again for months? Or is this a worldwide release?

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Probably? I've only watched the trailer once. It probably is all her creation, but it's also possible that another force "trapped" her in this world (like the MCU version of Arcade or Mojo), and kept the illusion of her powers in tact. Realistically, I'm thinking this is a creation of Wanda, or Vision's Mind Stone. I'm leaning towards Wanda, myself.
I would be so happy if they included Mojo. Him being in a tv show would make so much sense.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Looked amazing! I'm so happy to see the MCU return.

If this is a reality Wanda created to deal with her grief, then do you think Quicksilver may return too?

There's probably a little more to all of this than just Wanda's reality powers awakening.

Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness is probably going to be focusing quite a bit on the Dream Dimension, which is a universe manifested by the collective subconscious of all humanity.

cool...so basically the MCU version of Persona 5's Mementos?

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they could drastically alter the MCU with this and bring in Mutants.

Sort of like a reverse "No more mutants." I like the idea, I just wonder whether that means that mutants will be inserted into already established history or whether they will just start popping up. Both could work under the right circumstances.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This looks insane.

I literally have to go in with no expectations.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
The trailer is fucking amazing, hope it can live up to that, i'm excited

Oct 26, 2017
The name works in multiple ways. Yes, it's Wanda & Vision but it's also Wanda's vision (of a life she can't have) AND a play on the word television and its similar uses (like in Eurovision).

Also, after Endgame many of the people that kept her stable are gone. An unhinged Scarlet Witch is.. not good.

Last edited:

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
The surreal-ness of the concept just might turn off little fangirls of the Scarlet Witch . . . . but personally i'm excited.