• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Olsen is brilliant in this. She really taps into that I Love Lucy vibe. Bettany is getting seriously overshadowed, he's just playing it a bit too straight imo.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm so glad I decided to wake up early to watch the first two episodes. I loved every second of it.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crikey you guys weren't exaggerating about the 7 minute end credit sequences that's a quarter of the runtime.

Ceramics

Dec 28, 2017
Is this worth a watch as someone who doesn't care about MCU in general? Last thing I saw was Black Panther which was fine, but I have no interest in exploring MCU shit overall, but this looks super interesting and my speed.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this worth a watch as someone who doesn't care about MCU in general? Last thing I saw was Black Panther which was fine, but I have no interest in exploring MCU shit overall, but this looks super interesting and my speed.

I might wait and see how it pays off. The climax of the show will probably be 'MCU shit', as you put it.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
First two episodes were a lot of fun. It's the freshest and most original the MCU has ever been (not that it's hard to be). If two years ago you told me I would be invested in a show about Wanda and Vision I would've scoffed, but here we are. Really intrigued where this is all going, and let's hope the MCU continues on this path in stead of churning out samey stories and movies (with exceptions) all the time

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
You cant imagine why non-MCU fans might be interested in a show thats doing pitch perfect sitcom pastiches throughout the history of television that has a little mystery attached?
But that's not the only thing they're doing. Without any MCU knowledge, the larger mystery will probably not hold any sort of interest to them.

It's not gonna be a "little" mystery by the end.

Ceramics

Dec 28, 2017
If you're not into MCU, what about the show interests you?
Because it looks like the most creatively ambitious thing I've seen from a media conglomerate that seems extremely homogenized, at least as an outsider.

And as a fan of TV in general an off kilter send up of sitcom tropes through the decades appeals to me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take, I think somehow AIM got a hold of Vision's remains and was doing something with them. AIM loves hiding in plain sight so they picked normal neighborhood. Comicbook shit went down and now they are trapped in there with her. Everyone we saw except Agnes and Geraldine are AIM agents.

The hammering home Vision doesn't know what his job is really sticks with me, just processing stuff

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Because it looks like the most creatively ambitious thing I've seen from a media conglomerate that seems extremely homogenized, at least as an outsider.

And as a fan of TV in general an off kilter send up of sitcom tropes through the decades appeals to me.
Then go for it! If it looks interesting to you, then you should watch it.

You might need to look up some stuff afterward though.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Pretty intriguing so far; excited to see where they're going with this. Lovely to see Wanda and Vision again too, and Olsen/Bettany seem like they're having a lot of fun with the material.

Also, I love that end credits sequence. A lot of people put a lot of work into something very few people are going to bother to watch.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty intriguing so far; excited to see where they're going with this. Lovely to see Wanda and Vision again too, and Olsen/Bettany seem like they're having a lot of fun with the material.

Also, I love that end credits sequence. A lot of people put a lot of work into something very few people are going to bother to watch.
Too me a minute to realize those were pixels

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Finished Episode 2. This has to be some Mephisto shit.

Also, Elizabeth Olsen is acting the fuck out of this. I may have been a bit disappointed with her portrayal in the past but she is nailing this. She's acting circles around everyone, even Bettany.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020

If you already have Disney plus why not try the first episode. It's only 20 minutes

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they meant to do it or just is what it is. But the outside scenes don't jive with 50s shows, the lighting was too bright

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Not enough people are picking up on the Big Red reference.

NKGocPB.jpg

I'm pretty sure 90% of people at least watched the end credits the first time to see if there was gonna be a scene afterwards, lol.

Ceramics

Dec 28, 2017

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All these world-killing villains can't handle Vision

and this motherfucker gets defeated by some Big Red

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I wonder if the blinking light on the toaster actually having a color signifies anything.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Hot take, I think somehow AIM got a hold of Vision's remains and was doing something with them. AIM loves hiding in plain sight so they picked normal neighborhood. Comicbook shit went down and now they are trapped in there with her. Everyone we saw except Agnes and Geraldine are AIM agents.

The hammering home Vision doesn't know what his job is really sticks with me, just processing stuff
Yeah I picked up on that as well. It's like a subtle, or not so subtle depending on how you view it, hint that he could be being used in a nefarious way somehow

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I wonder if the blinking light on the toaster actually having a color signifies anything.
Someone brought it, and said it was a reference to the unexploded bomb she and her brother was trapped with.

I wonder if the commercials being all the same dude and lady mean something

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The fly dude was creepy as shit, watching this at 3 AM. Like, the dark undertones are so jarring compared to the pastiche material in this show; I love it.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Really liked the first two episodes - excited to find out where it leads.

Where there cameos from other Marvel movies that might have slipped by already?

Oct 31, 2017
No idea what is happening so far but enjoying it.
Were reviews based on three episodes even though there's only two episodes released at the moment? Will avoid them if so

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say go for it. If you're worried about potentially having missed important character development and don't wanna bother watching the movies you missed, I think that's what "Marvel Studios Legends" on Disney+ is for. It popped up a week ago and has 2 episodes under 10min, one about Wanda and one about Vision. I haven't checked those out but I can't imagine they'd be anything other than a "catch you up to speed" clip show thing with maybe a bit of added narration.