• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like most comic stuff with audio elements tends to avoid using the super hero name stuff a lot anyway. Many of them are just clunky to use in speech. The major exceptions being when it's also the character's name. But rarely does anyone say like "War Machine" or "Star Lord"

Does anyone call Tony "Iron Man" past Iron Man 2 maybe?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I meant, they seemed to deliberately avoid the clunky "well what do we call you?" scene

Ah okay, wasn't entirely sure lol

Personally I always liked seeing how exactly they find a way to to give them their superhero name, especially if they actually find a clever way to do it

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I always liked seeing how exactly they find a way to to give them their superhero name, especially if they actually find a clever way to do it
same but I imagine with Wanda that Tony or one of the other Avengers just said "you need a cool name like the rest of us"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
If she learns atual sorcery on this show, it will be so cool.
I'd put money on a Benedict Cumberbatch cameo in the final episode (post-credits scene?) to set up MoM
I feel like most comic stuff with audio elements tends to avoid using the super hero name stuff a lot anyway. Many of them are just clunky to use in speech. The major exceptions being when it's also the character's name. But rarely does anyone say like "War Machine" or "Star Lord"

Does anyone call Tony "Iron Man" past Iron Man 2 maybe?
I disagree. I think the MCU does this often and it's one of the things I enjoy about it; they're not ashamed to call the guy with the bow Hawkeye, or to call Cap Cap.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hawkeye gets called clint or barton all the time

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
My hype for this show is out of control. The visuals look incredible, The humor seems on point (the clips have made me laugh out loud). It just seems like they are really nailing the sitcoms while also providing an interesting mystery

The biggest thing I'm excited for is the possibility of getting my favorite marvel character Wiccan into the MCU. It seems pretty likely now and I never thought Disney/Marvel would do it.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Heard through the grapevine from somebody who saw screeners. Their impression was, "sitcom fans will love it, not so sure about Marvel fans," but that overall the first few episodes are great.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The Virtual Launch Event starts in 2 hours.

Heard through the grapevine from somebody who saw screeners. Their impression was, "sitcom fans will love it, not so sure about Marvel fans," but that overall the first few episodes are great.
Probably accurate for the first three episodes, but for the show? Nah. You'll get all the Marvel you want and more from this show.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
16 hours to go :D
t1610697600z1.png

Sorry if it's already been asked. Do we know how many episodes and if it's gonna be weekly drops?
It's gonna be 9 episodes, weekly.

This Friday there are two premiering of around 30 minutes.
Next week's third episode is also 30 minutes.
Three of the next episodes (I think one in the middle, and the two finale eps) are 45 minutes.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I love Teyonah's energy whenever we see her.

Good to see Kat Dennings and Randall Park on the zoom!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
New tv spot at the end of that Launch Event. Couldn't help but notice the last shot is from episode 3 and Wanda is readying herself to attack someone/something. That's the 70s episode coming out next week, the one reviewers says is peeling off the layer even more than the first two episodes.

d2ddf806-0c98-4b9d-826j1g.jpeg

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
**Endgame spoilers I guess**. Ok so is Vision is dead dead? Did Hulk's snap bring him back? Why would it bring him back and not Red Widow? Is this set before Endgame?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I have a personal speculation that the town and/or vision is actually not created by wanda but is actually created by shuma gorath. Also that vision himself may be shuma gorath.

edit:

**Endgame spoilers I guess**. Ok so is Vision is dead dead? Did Hulk's snap bring him back? Why would it bring him back and not Red Widow? Is this set before Endgame?

It is after endgame. Vision is still dead. It has yet to be revealed how vision is in the show.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The new tv spot that aired after the Launch Event.

I'm slowly losing hope of Mephisto being in this, dunno why, but you never know.