• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020
Whelp, just saw major spoilers for Vision in the next episode but the picture had already 404ed by the time I went to reload and save it.

Will put it in spoilers just in case:

The actor Bettany was talking about acting against might have been himself, as pretty believeable pictures of a white version of Vision are now floating around. This would imply that Wanda does NOT take his body from SWORD and the one in the hex is a second Vision either from another reality or created entirely by her.

And well, if he's from another reality...that means that gem in his head is the Mind Gem and we are about to get a scenario where, if anything happens to this Vision, an infinity stone would be displaced in the wrong reality..which could be a trigger for Multiverse of Madness.

I'm sure more will be coming out but I saw this picture by accident and will be looking to dodge whatever else until after this upcoming episode.
Weird, in the comics, Gems from other realities usually end up just not doing much in the new reality
I will try to find this so called leaked image tho

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020
imgur.com

Secret

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

IDK if this is the picture everybodysaw, its all i could find, appereeantly the thread with all the picture got promptly deleted by admins

Last edited:

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
imgur.com

Secret

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

IDK if this is the picture everybodysaw, its all i could find, appereeantly the thread with all the picture got promptly deleted by admins

That sort of looks more like they are trying to 3D print another Vision. Maybe part of SWORDs original attempt to weaponise him?

EDIT - I wouldnt buy though that Paul Bettany was hyped about acting against himself though, that seems a bit more egotistical than what seems to be his general personality!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Based on leaked storyboards Wanda didn't raid anything. She was invited in, shown the disassembled Vision and then attacks so I doubt we'll see prototypes of new Visions.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The grid images are from GotG. The body one is the only legit image (supposedly). Likely included the GotG ones to dodge blocking.

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020
Dr Strange used the Time Stone in Dormamu's dimension so maybe the movies are different.
I mean, the dimensions or realms in each Universe can be affected by the stones, since those realms exist for each native universe. But the stones shouldnt work on an entirely different universe, say how the gems didnt work to stop the Ultimate Universe from crashing... What could be going on is that this Vision is from a branched timeline of the same universe

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Weird, in the comics, Gems from other realities usually end up just not doing much in the new reality
I will try to find this so called leaked image tho

Depends on at what point in Marvel continuity you're talking about. At one point the Infinity Gems worked just fine in the Ultraverse (and there ended up being a whole new gem there - the Ego Gem). Infinity Gems not working in other realities was a thing in Hickman's Avengers run, but then recent years had the gems become the Infinity Stones, with new and different rules for use. And now in the comics, the Stones have bonded with individuals in a way different than previously seen.

My point is this: the rules keep changing for the Infinity Stones, so it's hard to make inferences on what they can and can't do in the MCU.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I mean, the dimensions or realms in each Universe can be affected by the stones, since those realms exist for each native universe. But the stones shouldnt work on an entirely different universe, say how the gems didnt work to stop the Ultimate Universe from crashing... What could be going on is that this Vision is from a branched timeline of the same universe
Depends on at what point in Marvel continuity you're talking about. At one point the Infinity Gems worked just fine in the Ultraverse (and there ended up being a whole new gem there - the Ego Gem). Infinity Gems not working in other realities was a thing in Hickman's Avengers run, but then recent years had the gems become the Infinity Stones, with new and different rules for use. And now in the comics, the Stones have bonded with individuals in a way different than previously seen.

My point is this: the rules keep changing for the Infinity Stones, so it's hard to make inferences on what they can and can't do in the MCU.

I think the implication would be more so one of an Infinity Stone going missing from another reality into the "main" reality, and that reality warping because of it, causing effects in all others.

It gets around the "Infinity Stones in other universes" bit while still propelling forward some stuff that can be used in Multiverse of Madness/SM3/etc, since by destabilizing one reality its possible it had consequences that can ripple to other realities.

It could also give way to the origin of someone like Kang, technically.

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020

But that was decanonized to have been the events of an entirely different universe? didnt it?

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
So what is that pic showing exactly?

One pic shows a grey Vision (linked above), possibly the original Vision, presumably from project Cataract. Which makes sense, Vision turned grey when he died.

This would imply that Wanda doesn't steal his body and actually leaves him there, which would have other implications as to who the Vision that's in her reality is.

That ties into the second image, which when I saw it, also had a spoiler going with it on Twitter (now deleted) saying that its the scene that leads to Vision being "created" in Wanda's reality, and that scene from the trailers where Wanda and Vision are kind of reaching out in the 50s episode that wasn't in that episode follows that creation.

So that led me to the conclusion that this would be a Vision from another reality, and thus the Mind Stone in his head would be from another reality was well. Not unlike Pietro.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
One pic shows a grey Vision, possibly the original Vision, presumably from project Cataract. Which makes sense, Vision turned grey when he died.

This would imply that Wanda doesn't steal his body and actually leaves him there, which would have other implications as to who the Vision that's in her reality is.

That ties into the second image, which when I saw it, also had a spoiler going with it on Twitter (now deleted) saying that its the scene that leads to Vision being "created" in Wanda's reality, and that scene from the trailers where Wanda and Vision are kind of reaching out in the 50s episode that wasn't in that episode.

So that led me to the conclusion that this would be a Vision from another reality, and thus the Mind Stone in his head would be from another reality was well. Not unlike Pietro.
Huh. Okay thanks.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think it's Vision from another universe but it stands to reason that, if Wanda can destroy the physical form of Infinity Gems, she can create new ones for them too. Her powers of creation in this show have, after all, been pretty nuts and far beyond anything we thought she could do.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wanda reconstituted the Mind Gem because it was the only way to bring back her Vision. Perhaps, without it, he wasn't the same.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I really don't think it's Vision from another universe but it stands to reason that, if Wanda can destroy the physical form of Infinity Gems, she can create new ones for them too. Her powers of creation in this show have, after all, been pretty nuts and far beyond anything we thought she could do.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wanda reconstituted the Mind Gem because it was the only way to bring back her Vision. Perhaps, without it, he wasn't the same.

The only reason I'm leaning towards Vision being from another universe is because it feels like the whole Pietro situation sets that up nicely, and it would give another level to Vision not remembering ANYTHING in this reality if he was plucked at a point where he didn't even know who he is.

I'm also secretly hoping we find a way to get Ultron to come back, but who knows

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Be cool if she plucked him right from when he was created in another universe - and now there's a universe where Ultron won.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I'm leaning towards Vision being from another universe is because it feels like the whole Pietro situation sets that up nicely, and it would give another level to Vision not remembering ANYTHING in this reality if he was plucked at a point where he didn't even know who he is.

I'm also secretly hoping we find a way to get Ultron to come back, but who knows

I'm not even sure Pietro is actually from another universe. I think it's just an in-joke to cast the wrong Quicksilver and the fact they referenced Kick-Ass twice is probably the punchline to that joke. Chances are he's really just some random guy that was given superspeed either (subconsciously) by Wanda or (intentionally) by Agatha to fill the role he was given.

Vision's memory loss is probably due to the damage Thanos did to his head, too. Wanda could fix that but it's not like Vision backed up his memories anywhere so, rather than give him fake memories to fill in the gaps, she helped him make new ones.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
Another Vision doesn't make sense at the moment because Sword is tracking the Vision that was stolen from them.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Another Vision doesn't make sense at the moment because Sword is tracking the Vision that was stolen from them.

Should be clear that Hayward SAYS that Vision was stolen from them. There's been no proof that he's actually been stolen.

That fact, along with the leaked storyboards that show that Hayward was lying about Wanda breaking in to SWORD in the first place, probably don't paint Hayward as a believable person.

Edit: Its entirely possible that grey Vision is the original Vision that Wanda reanimated, its just looking less likely at the moment when paired with the text that went with that other image.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Whelp, just saw major spoilers for Vision in the next episode but the picture had already 404ed by the time I went to reload and save it.

Will put it in spoilers just in case:

The actor Bettany was talking about acting against might have been himself, as pretty believeable pictures of a white version of Vision are now floating around. This would imply that Wanda does NOT take his body from SWORD and the one in the hex is a second Vision either from another reality or created entirely by her.

And well, if he's from another reality...that means that gem in his head is the Mind Gem and we are about to get a scenario where, if anything happens to this Vision, an infinity stone would be displaced in the wrong reality..which could be a trigger for Multiverse of Madness.

I'm sure more will be coming out but I saw this picture by accident and will be looking to dodge whatever else until after this upcoming episode.

A reputable leaker on the marvel spoilers subreddit debunked that, and said that the cameo is still to come, and that its not another vision. Shes been right about everything else so far.

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020

I'd reckon the gems , at leats in the MCU, must follow the same laws of physics as most other masses and energies, they cant be destroyed or created, only transformed

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
A reputable leaker on the marvel spoilers subreddit debunked that, and said that the cameo is still to come, and that its not another vision. Shes been right about everything else so far.

Sookie never said anything about the second Vision, just that the second Vision isn't the "person" Bettany was talking about.

Do you have a quote otherwise?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd reckon the gems , at leats in the MCU, must follow the same laws of physics as most other masses and energies, they cant be destroyed or created, only transformed

Yeah, I'm sure that was already said at some point too. That Thanos didn't destroy the Infinity Gems, only their physical form. So it's entirely possible Wanda will in fact recreate the Mind Gem so that Vision can come back the way she remembers him.

For all we know that's why Wanda is in Doctor Strange 2. Maybe Strange needs the Eye of Agamotto back and Wanda is the only person in the universe that can do something like that.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Sookie never said anything about the second Vision, just that the second Vision isn't the "person" Bettany was talking about.

Do you have a quote otherwise?

I can't find it right now, but in a comment she said what you said. That the cameo isn't "another vision" because a lot of people on reddit though Bettany was trolling, saying the famous actor he wanted to work w/ was him. My apologies - she didn't outright say a second vision isn't happening.

edit:

"It's not a double vision joke thing, there's another guest star"

She also clarified that there is "payoff" with what Shuri did in Infinity war, regarding Vision's personality/removing it etc

That same leaker said Hahn was playing Nightmare

To be fair, this could still be revealed (perhaps her being possessed, or influenced, or that he is "ralph"). Though I doubt it.

Poni Rest

Nov 18, 2020
I can't find it right now, but in a comment she said what you said. That the cameo isn't "another vision" because a lot of people on reddit though Bettany was trolling, saying the famous actor he wanted to work w/ was him. My apologies - she didn't outright say a second vision isn't happening.

edit:

"It's not a double vision joke thing, there's another guest star"

She also clarified that there is "payoff" with what Shuri did in Infinity war, regarding Vision's personality/removing it etc

To be fair, this could still be revealed (perhaps her being possessed, or influenced, or that he is "ralph"). Though I doubt it.

Having read some of their comments, I came to teh cocnlusion that are legit leakers, but they jumped to conlusions about stuff they were given, liek Hahn and Nightmare, and ended up confabulating it into one sole char. Same with Quicksilver, while they say otherwise, in one of their comments they said they had asked their source who Evan was playing, and the source said Quicksilver, after that they implied they reached teh conclusion that Evan must have been Fox's quicksilver cuz that what makes sense with the multiverse. While they will tell you otherwise, I think that they just reached conlusions with what they had so their leaks seemed fuller

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Having read some of their comments, I came to teh cocnlusion that are legit leakers, but they jumped to conlusions about stuff they were given, liek Hahn and Nightmare, and ended up confabulating it into one sole char. Same with Quicksilver, while they say otherwise, in one of their comments they said they had asked their source who Evan was playing, and the source said Quicksilver, after that they implied they reached teh conclusion that Evan must have been Fox's quicksilver cuz that what makes sense with the multiverse. While they will tell you otherwise, I think that they just reached conlusions with what they had so their leaks seemed fuller
this is also what i think, and that user has admitted that their info is incomplete and lacking context

it's not the first time i've seen that sort of thing happen with a leaker

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
those leaks from 4chan could be right then I suppose about how it all ends. They did mention the white vision.

Maybe. Supposedly the White Vision image has been floating around privately for a while, so there's a chance someone saw the image and just posted a believable plot to explain it using other inferences.

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
EDIT - I wouldnt buy though that Paul Bettany was hyped about acting against himself though, that seems a bit more egotistical than what seems to be his general personality!
Assuming Bettany is talking about a second version of himself, it's clearly said in a tongue-in-cheek way which definitely aligns with his personality.