• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Early social media reactions have usually been a hit or miss as of late (usually a misfire), but I believe these. Out of all the MCU shows, it's the only one I'm currently excited for.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Nobody has said this yet, or ever, so I just want to tell everyone to never trust these impressions. Anybody having anything positive to say is lies and hyperbole because we know how easy it is to communicate a spoiler-free impression within 140 characters.

Also I'm pretty sure Batman & Robin has somebody say something positive about it and also Catwoman and also Superman 3 so that is why I don't believe Marvel Studios can make this show that people would like unless they were paid to say something good about it.

That being said, I guess that people like these Marvel Studios movies but I don't think that is something they should be saying before everyone gets a chance to see it, because it doesn't seem honest.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that Lynch comparison was meant to go much farther than the first ninety seconds of Blue Velvet.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh goody, early social media reactions. Those are always insightful and relevant.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Disney literally gave me premium access to write an early article about this upcoming show which will attract a ton of users and visits to my blog and now I'm going to describe how bad the show is.

These reactions are worthless, come on now.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Early impressions are always hilarious. Like, imagine comparing a Marvel project to Lynch. I'm not even a big Lynch fan, but the comparison seems ridiculous. It's okay to like something "different" without trying to stretch a comparison to Lynch.

Got real "Winter Soldier is really a political thriller" vibes from that lmao

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
We need 10 more pages of people reminding me how worthless impressions and reviews are.

I forget until every time a thread like this pops up and I almost get fooled by people making vague statements like "This was fun" that maybe it wasn't actually fun like they claim.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We need 10 more pages of people reminding me how worthless impressions and reviews are.

I forget until every time a thread like this pops up and I almost get fooled by people making vague statements like "This was fun" that maybe it wasn't actually fun like they claim.
I don't know. Maybe a few hundred more posts will convince me otherwise not to check out this show I was also always going to check out regardless.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Disney literally gave me premium access to write an early article about this upcoming show which will attract a ton of users and visits to my blog and now I'm going to describe how bad the show is.

Actually, I'm pretty sure a dissenting negative opinion would probably get a LOT more traffic than just being one of many perspectives providing generic praise?

Last edited:

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Not that it hasn't always been true, but I gotta wait until the comic shill squad isn't the only group giving impressions. WW84 is a case study in dogshit shown to the right hype men and women leading to massively inflated initial impressions

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I'd already forgotten in the 10 posts since you made this. I'm so glad we keep getting reminded.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. Maybe a few hundred more posts will convince me otherwise not to check out this show I was also always going to check out regardless.
When WW84 reviews came out, a reviewer said, "This is the most fun I've had since the last one" and I believed it! I saw it the 3rd day it was out instead of a week later like I was originally planning and I was so pissed that I popped some popcorn and got my snacks ready that I vowed to never be fooled by these lies again. 8/10

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
After WW1984 i don't trust early reviews lol
But seriously don't pay attention to early reviews

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

Right on, bro.

It's about ethics in movie journalism.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Actually, I'm pretty sure a dissenting negative opinion would probably get a LOT more traffic than just being one of my perspectives providing generic praise?
A dissenting negative opinion would probably make Disney not give you any more early access - or paid advertisement on your site - to anything in the future, causing your blog to have less content to attract readers, which might kill your blog or site in the long term. That is why all early previews about everything are positive, site managers don't want to make the companies that a) Give them access to events, premiers and products ahead of launch and b) Pay for ads on their sites, angry.

I still remember 3DJuegos giving Assassin's Creed 3 a 9.7/10 with an Assassin's Creed 3 banner on top of the site.

Oct 27, 2017
Well Mandalorian is literally a child's show with juvenile plotting, writing and horrible acting yet that also gets good impressions so...

Interested in this but equating anything about it to Lynch seems a massive stretch and beyond the scope of a MCU series.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It looks like a TV Show!

Wait....
"Yes, but which one?"

tdovwbxoxtdo6pm7v7et.gif

Yes.

Well Mandalorian is literally a child's show with juvenile plotting, writing and horrible acting yet that also gets good impressions so...
tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
you're right of course but i still like it. taste is weird like that
Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all and it works for what Mandalorian is going for. Some people take offense if you point it out though lol.
Because David Lynch's imprint on the medium is singularly unique and isn't comparable to anything else.

From what we know about WandaVision, it doesn't give off the vibe of capturing the essence of his works although it could be influenced by it, like many other shows of course.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Its really amazing how people who have not seen the show are taking exception with the way people who have seen the show are describing it. Like its out in a week you can wait to watch it and form your own opinion before clowning others for theirs. Yall sound like last of 2 haters from before the game even came out.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its really amazing how people who have not seen the show are taking exception with the way people who have seen the show are describing it. Like its out in a week you can wait to watch it and form your own opinion before clowning others for theirs. Yall sound like last of 2 haters from before the game even came out.
Some people are really upset that MCU bubble hasn't burst yet.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
You're naming four pieces of media over the course of 7-8 years, which actually proves my point.

(And that didn't happen for BvS. The majority of critics shit on it. The "positive early impressions" were almost entirely non-verified fans on Twitter. I feel like this always has to be corrected in every thread like this.)
I don't want to be a debbie downer, I'm just as excited for WandaVision as most, but haven't we, you know as people on a gaming forum, been burnt enough? "No pre-order" and all?