• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
She will be a necessary evil for an act or two and then most everyone aside from Strange, Wong, and America will be pretty chummy with her. Might even hold the whole "letting half the universe get blipped to beat Thanos" thing over Strange's head to have him kind of shrug his shoulders at letting Wanda back into the fold.

I Mean People who she kill so far are sorcerers In Kamar-taj and The Jobber Illuminati in Another Multiverse.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno but I do hope this isn't the end of the her story. I really like the character and Elizabeth Olsen is fantastic at playing her.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think she needs to be redeemed for the actions of MoM, as the name says, the book had a dark hold on her.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
She's probably still alive under all that rubble. When Kang shows up, they realize she's still alive. She 'killed' herself because of what she's become under influence of the Darkhold, so by now she should know she screwed up. I can see her helping the Avengers, but going into exile again as some form of atonement. Perhaps together with VIsion.

Also, if they can redeem WOMD selling Stark, they can redeem Wanda. She held a town hostage when she went mad with grief, but didn't actually kill someone then. And when she did kill people, she was corrupted by the Darkhold.

They had an entire scene dedicated to showing that destroying one single copy of the darkhold would have it instantly kill you in retaliation, even if you're a super talented magician, and she's supposed to have destroyed all of them everywhere while obviously attempting suicide in despair over what she'd become.

At least within the context of what's shown in the film, the original MCU version of Wanda is supposed to be dead dead. They might retcon it later, but for now, she's deader than the fish I ate last night

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Nah it was all the bad's tome fault, Wanda changed in the end so all is good. Bring back the strongest avengers.

PS: Illuminati were losers who murdered their Strange.

flGAd37.jpg
It's ok we forgive you.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I Mean People who she kill so far are sorcerers In Kamar-taj and The Jobber Illuminati in Another Multiverse.

And the defender strange who died to a monster she summoned at the start, anyone who got injured in the attacks of the monsters she kept unleashing, including on major population centres, and it's not like she had any compunction about killing random other humans. It's not like that's the first time she did that command brainwashed monsters to attack in population centres either, since she was quite happy to do the same thing with the hulk way back in her introduction.

Oh and shout out to when she threw a brainwashed Monica out of westview while she was still a totally normal human by blasting her straight through multiple buildings at tens if not hundreds of meters per second, which she had no business surviving.

Wanda's a interesting character partially because she pretty much did get more unhinged or outright evil with each new appearance.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
The variant Loki in Loki the TV Series still was responsible for a 9/11 times 1000, but we'll welcome him back the next time he shows up to help stop Kang, so I dunno.

They're gonna have to figure out what it is they want to do with her and White Vision, tho.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They had an entire scene dedicated to showing that destroying one single copy of the darkhold would have it instantly kill you in retaliation, even if you're a super talented magician, and she's supposed to have destroyed all of them everywhere while obviously attempting suicide in despair over what she'd become.

At least within the context of what's shown in the film, the original MCU version of Wanda is supposed to be dead dead. They might retcon it later, but for now, she's deader than the fish I ate last night
I feel they deliberately left it a bit ambigious by not showing her getting obliterated by the dark hold's destruction, only left behind as the rubble falls. She's not deader than dead, there's a bit of ambiguity. We're talking about a reality warper type of character so it wouldn't necessarily be a retcon to say she found a loop hole a way to escape the book's curse, or an outside celestial chracter retrieved her before she's destroyed alongside the dark hold.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017

Eh, I don't think someone like Wanda couldn't come up with another way to destroy the Darkhold other than to just stab it with a knife. Some way that doesn't immediately make you go up in flames. When the sorcerer destroyed the book, it immediately killed her. Wanda was still alive after. She just buried herself (or was that the books doing? Can't quite remember).

I think it would be weird for Wanda, with all of her history in the MCU, to die like this, in someone else's movie. I don't think it would be too big of a retcon if we found out she subconsciously put up some shield to protect herself or something. We've seen her do weirder things.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Someone will tell her, her pain is valid and excuse everything she's done. They already did it in Wanda.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
The Iron Legion that successfully performs the duties that it was designed for. Ultron was definitely a mistake, a big one, but it's one that was clearly learned from. Also, do you have as much hatred for Bruce as you do Tony? Seeing as Bruce is equally responsible for having created Ultron.

Wanda would have to do a lot more than that, just as Tony has. However, I imagine Wanda is gone.
I don't really hate Tony Stark. Ironman 3 is one of my favorites. He's just a real fuck up. It's also like a lot of posters have pointed out: redemption is cheap in cape comics.

If it's harder to redeem Wanda it's less that she's done far worse things then Tony so much as she's done those things more visibly for the audience.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
She doesn't need to be redeemed. Just have her do cool stuff and people will be satisfied, she is still a popular character. She became way more interesting when she started going bad.

Also, Loki.

Oct 27, 2017
Just because someone stumbles and loses their way, doesn't mean they are lost forever.

We will see what kind of Scarlet Witch she is.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if we want comics accuracy, she has a habit of just showing up again after a while after fucking everything up. The other characters usually don't like it, but what are you gonna do, piss her off again? So her showing up at some pivotal moment to help isn't that farfetched. Maybe she'll team up with Loki and they can be anti-heroes together.

Chthon still gonna be pissed she broke his mountain and his book.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I think she redeemed herself by destroying the dark hold, It's just fiction anyway. Vegeta is a mass murderer who committed mass genocide and we all love him

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
One of the better MCU characters. She'll be back sooner rather than later. And frankly I hope so too. "She killed so many people. This is absolutely egregious"

🤓

We do not care lmao

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they bring her back I suspect it'll be a multiversal variant that didn't murder a bunch of people.
That was my thought too.

I just hope she does return in some form. She's one of my favorite MCU characters, and I was a little disappointed at her becoming the main villain in MoM, though Elizabeth Olsen played the role so well.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Did she really kill that many people in comparison to other heroes? Her main kills were 'heroes' of other realms. She did kill many sorcerers though but that pales to the amount the Avengers killed over their careers.

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
Nothing in Strange 2 managed to damage Wanda, and a few rocks at the end doesn't change that. It's supposed to be enough to raise a few questions with the audience, but film logic doesn't tell us that she's dead at all. And yes, when she returns it's going to be the MCU Wanda; the Scarlet Witch who went through the events of Strange 2. Well, technically, it would be enough if it was just the Wanda who created the Hex at Westview, but there's no need to make such a fine distinction.

As for what's in store for Wanda? She's by far my favorite character in the MCU as of now, but I have no idea and I don't really care either. At least, as long as it's a meaty role. And I'm sure that's also where Marvel is going as well because Elizabeth Olsen has done a fantastic job with the character and they're going to want to take advantage of that. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a solo movie of some kind in plan for Wanda.

I feel they deliberately left it a bit ambigious by not showing her getting obliterated by the dark hold's destruction, only left behind as the rubble falls. She's not deader than dead, there's a bit of ambiguity. We're talking about a reality warper type of character so it wouldn't necessarily be a retcon to say she found a loop hole a way to escape the book's curse, or an outside celestial chracter retrieved her before she's destroyed alongside the dark hold.
They left it ambiguous so that people won't constantly ask, "Where's Wanda?" in future MCU projects. She's powerful enough that she could trivially defeat just about any villain for the next little while. At the very least, I don't think we'll see her for quite a long time. Olsen has played a lot of Wanda in the last few years and I'd expect her to take some time on non-Marvel projects for the next couple of years. And if all that seems implausible, note that they wrote Dr. Strange out of any other storylines for a while as well in the mid-credit sequence.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
She's a crazy powerful magic user who died sorta offscreen and is immensely popular. I bet she's fine. I wish they'd made the Darkhold effecting her more clear so that the inevitable redemption arc would work better.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I mean she will come back in a few years removed from the curse and ready/able to fight a greater evil. Zero chances she is dead as long as Olsen wants to continue the role (and even then they would likely recast eventually).

The delayed red flash out of the rubble of the collapsing temple was there to create total ambiguity. Could be her power rushing out as she died - or her power kicking in to save her life. They can write their way out any way they like.

IMO there's two plot threads left hanging for the purpose of continuing our Wanda's story.

1. White Vision. He flew off to make sense of things - one presumes - but he is a very powerful person who might go searching for Wanda.
2. Agatha. There's a series about her coven coming. Agatha is trapped by a spell for the moment. She won't be there forever and her thirst for the magic of the Scarlet Witch could compel her to determine whether Wanda is really dead.

They wouldn't have shown the kids having powers as well, if they didn't intend to introduce Wiccan and Speed.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
She is actually dead. But Dr. Doom will revive her with sorcery to help defeat Kang in Secret Wars.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The reactions to this movie make me chuckle at the reactions to WandaVision, where Monica and a good chunk of users were like "but Wanda is still the good guy, right?" after she tortured hundreds of people to work her way through grief.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
Her "death" really had no impact on me, since they clearly wanted leave her open to more movies. Would her showing up in a new movie even surprise people?

Anyways, I could see her turning up in a role similar to Red Skull in Endgame where a character is being guided by her or something.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Loki is guilty of everything Wanda has done including brainwashing people to serve his will and without any delusions as to what his powers were and he got redeemed twice.

Wanda is fine. She's still stupidly popular too which only helps her out. Frankly comes off like a double standard that Wanda is seen as oh so irredeemable compared to certain others.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the feeling that they're done with her yet

Wanda was still at the top of her game and basically defeated herself in a really unsatisfying way that leaves a potential redemption story open going forward. I also get the impression that they're still trying to make her a somewhat sympathetic "villain" despite doing a bunch of heinous shit.

Maybe it's because I'm not a parent but her motivations didn't really resonate with me enough to justify what she did enough to redeem her. Yet I still get the impression that was still supposed to be the takeaway here.

I'm kinda over the character but my read is that they're far from done with her.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
There's going to be a really powerful enemy and the good guys will need her help to defeat them. That will begin her redemption arc.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
She will be back and probably seem to do some self sacrifice thing or something to save everyone. I mean, Vision 2.0 is out there afterall so they still got stuff to do.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
No body, no visible death, not dead. Them's the rules. And even that can be broken.

I think they'll let her cool a bit before we see her again, but it'll be a bit.

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
I don't really hate Tony Stark. Ironman 3 is one of my favorites. He's just a real fuck up. It's also like a lot of posters have pointed out: redemption is cheap in cape comics.

If it's harder to redeem Wanda it's less that she's done far worse things then Tony so much as she's done those things more visibly for the audience.
If we were talking about Loki, I'd agree. I just think Tony more than earned a redemption.

Also, as I said before, let Wanda be a villain. I think it'd be cool.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that Agatha House of Harkness will set up a stand-alone Scarlet Witch movie, where Wanda and Agatha have to fight and stop Chthon, who is pissed that Wanda destroyed all the Darkholds at the end of MoM. This will be a redemption of sorts for both Agatha and Wanda.

There have been rumors that Feige still wants to do a Scarlet Witch film.

Jan 31, 2018
Even if the original Wanda did die, it wouldn't be at all difficult to bring the character back in a way that makes sense. Just have the Wanda she was trying kill become a fugitive from the Illuminati in that universe so she flees to Earth 616. It'll be Wanda 2.0: now with (real) kids.

On a slight digression, I just want to reiterate how awful Strange 2 was. They spent so much of the movie building the Scarlet Witch to be this omega level, so much more dangerous than Thanos threat only to have her defeated in solo movie. If she was an Avengers level problem, then she should have had an Avengers like response.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Loki killed regular civilians and they turned him into a loveable anti-hero (and a full time hero with his alternate self). Wanda killed a bunch of trained warriors.

On a slight digression, I just want to reiterate how awful Strange 2 was. They spent so much of the movie building the Scarlet Witch to be this omega level, so much more dangerous than Thanos threat only to have her defeated in solo movie. If she was an Avengers level problem, then she should have had an Avengers like response.

Wanda was "defeated" by making her see that what she was doing was wrong. If Wanda was as cold blooded as Thanos, the film would have ended with her complete victory.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What if her powers won't let her hurt herself. She could warp reality to save herself involuntarily.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, the "under the influence of the Darkhold" thing will excuse everything. Besides, tons of non-influenced heros have lots of collateral damage- Civil War already explored this. This shit always gets swept under the rug.