• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, it's not mostly terrible, I did enjoy a lot of things about it but it's basically a b-movie with a nice coat of style on top of it.

The soundtrack, though, was written by Jim Steinman who did Total Eclipse of the Heart and that one Meat Loaf track that was on loop on MTV all the time back in the day.
It starts off with this:

And ends with these two:

I mean goddamn. Any other similar movies? Ones where the music is waay better than the film itself. (And please post some of the songs)

Last edited:

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Flashdance
Footloose
Staying Alive

Great orchestral scores in bad films:
Da Vinci Code (Zimmer)
Angels and Demons (Zimmer)
How the West Was Won (Newman)
Hook (Williams)
Exorcist II (Morricone)
Star Wars Episode I and II (Williams)

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sergeant Pepper's lonely hearts club band. Wanna say Alice Cooper was the villain which was cool tho

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
Batman Forever - Kiss From a Rose? Bad Days? Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me? Amazing soundtrack, don't think I need to watch the movie ever again.

Great orchestral scores in bad films:
Exorcist II (Morricone)
Hook (Williams)
Excellent choices, Hook might be a darkhorse for Williams best score outside of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Requiem for a Dream

Seriously, I enjoyed The Fountain even though it's not great movie, but it's a better movie than Requiem but both have great soundtracks for a reason.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Streets of Fire is one of my favourite 80s films. It's got a great soundtrack and art direction but terrible script and story and acting, which is weird when it's got a good cast in their early careers. I often listen to the soundtrack when I'm working.

Oct 27, 2017
Lies and slander, Streets of Fire is great.

That said, the Super Mario Bros. movie is the perfect example of a shit movie with a great soundtrack. You got Queen, Roxette, Megadeth, Joe Satriani and Divinyls. It's good shit.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Streets of Fire's story wasn't that great, but the style and music were awesome. The style was like if the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s all somehow co-existed in the same time-space. It's kinda like that fantasy take on Earth you'd see in a video game. Also, I think it probably exists in the same world as Tim Burton's Batman movies.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Streets of Fire's story wasn't that great, but the style and music were awesome. The style was like if the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s all somehow co-existed in the same time-space. It's kinda like that fantasy take on Earth you'd see in a video game. Also, I think it probably exists in the same world as Tim Burton's Batman movies.
The whole thing is basically the plot of a pulp western too, it's just transplanted the small town with a local sheriff unable to deal with the lawlessness to being a district in a nameless city somewhere that somehow still functions like a rural town in the middle of nowhere.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Streets of Fire is a great movie with a phenomenal soundtrack. I've watched it many times. Michael Pare can't act though, and he went nowhere fast.

Bill Paxton? Check. Greatness confirmed.

Oct 29, 2017
Tron legacy comes to mind. Though the movie was okay in my opinion, and the visuals were great. The soundtrack was the best part by far though.

Also, Flash Gordon. Flash! Ah-ah!

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel's soundtrack is fucking fantastic. Could have been a great movie but the script let it down.