• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm trying to also wrap my head around how this was a smart economic decision? They seem to be having full staff, food and drink, and most rides operational, but they are only running the crowds at 20% capacity. Wouldn't they have saved more money if they had just remained closed?

Side Note: It really sucks having breathing issues and lowered lung capacity, I have around 55-60% lung function, right now in Florida. I got short of breath today and had a light cough from hauling a heavy bag of trash to the dumpster at my apartment, a usual reaction I get, but of course first thought in my head was "COVID!" Not to mention if I get a coughing fit in public people are giving me even more side-eye than usual. Luckily no one has confronted me about it. Oh, and wearing a mask is like second nature to me so this "I have a breathing issue" BS people use to try and get out of wearing a mask is just that, BS.

Worth noting they're not fully staffed. International Program (Epcot) and College Program employees make up a good % and aren't there, most entertainment employees are still gone, and a lot of others haven't been called back yet (though many from areas not opened are back in different roles).

It's crazy any park is open with Florida as it is, but I imagine they hope to stem the bleeding. The employees don't really have a choice with how bad Florida/America's unemployment system is.

Oct 28, 2017
Very interested in the updates from those streamers. And awful that Disney allowed them to stay in the park if they knew she was vomiting.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going as well as anyone expected

www.dailydot.com

Streamers came down with COVID-19 symptoms at Disney, returned the next day (updated)

They say it's not coronavirus—but they refused testing.

Saw this last night but as far as I am aware vomiting is not a symptom of the virus and sore throats are a rare symptom.

If they had a fever I am sure they would have been eject from the park. If they had a fever they wouldn't have gotten near the entrance of the park.

They should have left the park just in case. It was irresponsible for they to stay.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Saw this last night but as far as I am aware vomiting is not a symptom of the virus and sore throats are a rare symptom.

If they had a fever I am sure they would have been eject from the park. If they had a fever they wouldn't have gotten near the entrance of the park.

Why risk it?

If everyone with symptoms rationalizes it as "oh, they're not exactly Covid symptoms" and they go to the park anyway, and Disney does absolutely nothing, what's even the point?

Has Disney said anything about refunding guests if they show symptoms? I'm concerned that people who do exhibit symptoms will say "well, it's non-refundable, and I'm already here, so fuck it."

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in the updates from those streamers. And awful that Disney allowed them to stay in the park if they knew she was vomiting.
Well they sicced their fans onto that woman's Twitter, so I don't think they'll be very forthcoming or apologetic if it does turn out to be serious.

They attributed their symptoms to an allergic reaction and screaming on roller coasters

Whatever happened to not screaming on roller coasters? And does Disney even have roller coasters worth screaming on?

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Hong Kong Disneyland is temporarily closing since they saw a spike in Covid-19 cases...

WDW has to be announcing soon.

Alsim

Banned for Abuse Of The Giftbot system
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
You can't expect these companies to do what is in the best interest of the public. This is what governments are for, in theory.

Zethryn

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

They should have left the park just in case. It was irresponsible for they to stay.

www.cdc.gov

COVID-19 and Your Health

Symptoms, testing, what to do if sick, daily activities, and more.

Sore throat, nausea and vomiting are listed as symptoms according to the CDC.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017

Sore throats are ABSOLUTELY a symptom of COVID 19.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
www.cdc.gov

COVID-19 and Your Health

Symptoms, testing, what to do if sick, daily activities, and more.

Sore throat, nausea and vomiting are listed as symptoms according to the CDC.

Not according to WHO

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Not according to WHO

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell

Serious symptoms:
chest pain or pressure

Yeah, definitely worth quibbling over so some middle-aged ladies can go on rollercoasters and paw at crappy Disney t-shirts in the gift shop in the middle of a pandemic.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Even without this virus, people shouldn't be going to theme parks sick. It's so irresponsible. But these people are evil as fuck.

Zethryn

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Not according to WHO

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell

Serious symptoms:
chest pain or pressure

Coronavirus Resource Center - Harvard Health

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) is a respiratory illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is very contagious, and spreads quickly. Most people with COVID-19 have mild respiratory symptoms that feel much like a cold or flu. But it can be much more serious for older adults, people with...

Harvard Health also mentions nausea and vomiting as symptoms

"In addition, some people have gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms, such as loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain or discomfort associated with COVID-19. These symptoms might start before other symptoms such as fever, body ache, and cough. The virus that causes COVID-19 has also been detected in stool, which reinforces the importance of hand washing after every visit to the bathroom and regularly disinfecting bathroom fixtures."

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Not a good omen + girl does the "I need to pull down my face mask to talk"

old.reddit.com

Horse gets spooked by balloon at Disney’s reopening today

Posted in r/PublicFreakout by u/Dkm1331 • 86,930 points and 5,390 comments

Poor horse. :( Why isn't someone coming out with scissors to cut the balloon off it's leg? Someone has to have them with the dozens of shops around them?

Also, while I was the girl was crying that she freaked out the horse and got the horse tangled in her balloon it's probably just because she lost her balloon. Society man. :(

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just after I browsed this thread I get an ad on Youtube that Disneyland Paris opens up July 15th and would like to welcome me back. :/

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
You know what... fuck it I'm disappointed that the movie stars and nba players who ain't saying shit or boycotting about Disney and ESPN and enabling them to help spread the virus. Fuck all of them

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All they have to do is ban vloggers and there will be plenty of space for social distancing!

I remember Tim Tracker stating he wouldn't be going at opening for a while; he's been to the magic kingdom twice and animal kingdom already since they reopened, they can't bare missing out on those 'scoops'

We have a booking for Disneyland Paris for December but at this point feel it's unlikely

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
Wear a mask to stop the spread of the virus to others -> Virus dies months after people wear masks due to no spread -> Get back to a somewhat normal life

BUT NO MY FREEDOM IS IMPORTANT AND THIS IS A POLITICAL AGENDA. People are real stupid in this country and it is a real shame. Do these idiots realize their freedom expires when they are dead. It should be considered manslaughter for these individuals going in to public spaces and not wearing a mask.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. Disney is going to catch some shit cause of those 2. Hope they get enough pressure to actually deal with this shit.

The craziest thing is that woman had symptoms that could easily be covid and it appears Disney's protocol means they can't force guests to go to the hospital or even to leave the park if they are vomiting and experiencing shortness of breath in the middle of a pandemic.

It doesn't matter if it was an allergic reaction. What matters is the policy that Disney insists can keep people safe is completely toothless.