• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
29d72c823590a7b454bb31a8291802ae.png
tzxLXgil.jpg

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Disney is malevolent but I don't get how so many Floridians are this fucking stupid. It's like baked into their DNA.

Unfortunately many Floridians are either Trumpers who buy into the "the Democrats are doing this to smear Republicans" or are just too used to large outdoor gatherings like the beach or parks to shake the urge to wait.

It sucks because as a Floridian I feel like even if I do everything right I'm still going to get it eventually just due to the shear amount of people not being safe.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I don't understand why anyone would go day one. Like, it's insane anyone is going at all, but at least wait a week or two for the kinks to be ironed out.

Games

Oct 27, 2017
It's part of the whole American exceptionalism
Oh right, I see now. Originally I thought it was some much needed encouragement due to the trams not operating. But now I see strides of beauty, strides of grace, strides of the United States. In fact I just found myself standing up and applauding the video. I got to witness that. Unbelieveable.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I see now. Originally I thought it was some much needed encouragement due to the trams not operating. But now I see strides of beauty, strides of grace, strides of the United States. In fact I just found myself standing up and applauding the video. I got to witness that. Unbelieveable.

This is a weird take when I've already pointed out this is a world wide Disney thing, not an American exceptionalism thing. See Disney Shanghai opening link below.

youtu.be

Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening and First Guests

Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China and the sixth worldwide, celebrated its historic Grand Opening on June 16, 2016.SUBSCRIBE ►...

Now you can argue opening up with this much enthusiasm during this awful pandemic is gross and tone deaf (I completely agree) but to say it's something tied to America specifically is off the mark.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird take when I've already pointed out this is a world wide Disney thing, not an American exceptionalism thing. See Disney Shanghai opening link below.

youtu.be

Shanghai Disneyland Grand Opening and First Guests

Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China and the sixth worldwide, celebrated its historic Grand Opening on June 16, 2016.SUBSCRIBE ►...

Now you can argue opening up with this much enthusiasm during this awful pandemic is gross and tone deaf (I completely agree) but to say it's something tied to America specifically is off the mark.

I mean Disney is an American corporation, so...

Also one country isn't seeing record rises in covid cases.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse die for the mouse

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Disney is an American corporation, so...

Also one country isn't seeing record rises in covid cases.

It is an American corporation but this is something done around the world in general for big openings from what I can tell. I think it's a bit cheesy myself so I personally don't like it but it does seem to get people excited when they first enter the park (especially the little kids)

Agreed, like I mentioned, I'm not defending Disney. I've pointed out I'm a big Disney park goer and a Florida resident but I absolutely think Disney should have remained closed. This WILL get more people infected no matter how safe the park is operating.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My family, friends and I have joked of Disney stealing your soul for years, never thought it would be taken literally. Which I'm sure was a joke taken from others, I've never read those workplace posts though.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
It wasn't safe back in March but it's safe now with cases hitting record highs?

Disney doesn't give a shit.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Argument I keep seeing on Facebook is ohhh the sun kills this thing. Florida is about to hit 115 next week this shit isn't slowing and I think Disney is about to amplify it further.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Watching this all unfold has made me so glad I moved my trip to Disney World from August to February. Not that I had much of a choice anyways: border is closed, but there was just no way my wife and I were going to go even with it fully open.

I feel the worst for the cast members in all of this. They are the ones that have to interact with possibly sick people all day. I hope they all stay safe, or as safe as one possibly can be.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Argument I keep seeing on Facebook is ohhh the sun kills this thing. Florida is about to hit 115 next week this shit isn't slowing and I think Disney is about to amplify it further.

Even if sunlight was kryptonite to the virus, tourists in Central Florida tightly pack inside shops and restaurants for that nice cool AC every chance they can get. It's a hot fucking swamp here 6-8 months out of the year.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Watching this all unfold has made me so glad I moved my trip to Disney World from August to February. Not that I had much of a choice anyways: border is closed, but there was just no way my wife and I were going to go even with it fully open.

I feel the worst for the cast members in all of this. They are the ones that have to interact with possibly sick people all day. I hope they all stay safe, or as safe as one possibly can be.
You should rethink February too

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
You should rethink February too

For sure, its definitely not at all locked in. My wife and I are just doing some family planning right now and that's the only dates that make sense for us to possibly go given that she works in the school system and only has that week off until June. It's mostly reserved as a "save the date" rather than us actually planning on going.

Unless things curve really quick or there is a vaccine, there is absolutely no way we are going.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018

You know, I could see this actually feeling really cool if our nation collectively sacrificed and beat the coronavirus together. A reward after shared adversity and a celebration of what we accomplished and a return to normalcy.

But right now it gives me the opposite effect. We're on our way to consistently surpassing 1K deaths/day again and all the waving and clapping say to me is, "Please pretend everything is OK and give us your money. We don't really care if your die, but we really like money."

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to also wrap my head around how this was a smart economic decision? They seem to be having full staff, food and drink, and most rides operational, but they are only running the crowds at 20% capacity. Wouldn't they have saved more money if they had just remained closed?

Side Note: It really sucks having breathing issues and lowered lung capacity, I have around 55-60% lung function, right now in Florida. I got short of breath today and had a light cough from hauling a heavy bag of trash to the dumpster at my apartment, a usual reaction I get, but of course first thought in my head was "COVID!" Not to mention if I get a coughing fit in public people are giving me even more side-eye than usual. Luckily no one has confronted me about it. Oh, and wearing a mask is like second nature to me so this "I have a breathing issue" BS people use to try and get out of wearing a mask is just that, BS.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

Always look at how the big bosses of corporations or governments react.
In my state in Germany, we only had 80 cases and 1 death in the last two months. Government agencies are STILL closed since March. Especially the unemployment agency was always a stickler for personal visits and they have not opened.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Trump said that shit months ago, it was baseless then and is even more baseless as we enter the summer and cases keep rising in places that are very hot.