• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2019-investor-day-webcast/

The Walt Disney Company will webcast its Investor Day 2019 on April 11, 2019. The event, focused on the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services including the upcoming Disney+, is scheduled to begin at approximately 5:00 p.m. ET / 2:00 p.m. PT and conclude by 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT.

The webcast of the event is scheduled to begin at approximately 5:20 p.m. ET / 2:20 p.m. PT.

Please return here prior to the event to ensure your connection.

The presentation will be archived.

Disney will be live streaming the event, what do you expect to see?

Analysts are expecting good news:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disney-stock-upgraded-at-bmo-ahead-of-investor-day-2019-04-10

BMO Capital Markets analyst Daniel Salmon became the latest to upgrade shares of Walt Disney Co. raising his rating on the stock to outperform from market perform on Wednesday. He sees positive catalysts in the company's forthcoming launch of its Disney+ streaming service, the opening of two new Star Wars lands in theme parks, and the possibility for buybacks in the next year.

Three Things to Watch for:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/04/09/walt-disney-investor-day-3-things-to-watch.aspx

Disney +
The only topic that we know Disney will certainly discuss is its upcoming streaming service. The brief description for Disney's Investor Day specifically states that it will focus on its "direct-to-consumer streaming services including the upcoming Disney+."

Fox
Disney finally closed on its acquisition of key Fox assets last month, and this is the first time that it can brag about its haul without nervously eyeing antitrust regulators in the shadows. Since Disney+ will be the featured star of the evening, it's more than reasonable for details to emerge on how some of the Fox puzzle pieces will fit into the new service.

Disneyland/DisneyWorld
We already know that the first phase of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will open next month at its original Disneyland park in California, followed three months later in Florida with Disney World's version. Crowds are expected to be massive at both resorts in the days, weeks, and likely even months after the highly anticipated attractions debut.
There are still plenty of other things going on -- particularly in Florida -- that Disney might be open to addressing on Thursday (because there's no way that it can spend 210 minutes talking about streaming video)

CNET has a list of rumored/announced projects that could appear:

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-pl...estor-day-hawkeye-marvel-reality-documentary/

We do know the service will include shows and movies such as:

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars new season (exclusive to this service).
  • Marvel movies, starting with 2019's Captain Marvel.
  • Star Wars films, starting with 2019's Episode 9.
  • Pixar films, starting with 2019's Toy Story 4.
  • A live-action, big-budget Star Wars TV series called The Mandalorian, being developed by Jon Favreau.
  • A Star Wars Rogue One prequel TV series, starring Diego Luna.
  • A live-action Marvel series focused on Avengers character Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston.
  • A Marvel series featuring Scarlet Witch, played by Elizabeth Olsen
  • A Marvel limited series focused on Hawkeye, featuring Jeremy Renner
  • Possible Marvel series that would team up Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Sam Wilson, aka Falcon (Anthony Mackie), according to Slashfilm.
  • A possible What If-themed Marvel series that would imagine what the Marvel Cinematic Universe would look like if different events took place. According to a Slashfilm report, the series would be overseen by MCU head Kevin Feige and would be an animated anthology show. An episode example would reportedly feature how the Marvel timeline would unfold if Loki found Thor's hammer.
  • Marvel's Hero Project, a documentary series featuring the positive changes several young people are making in their own communities.
  • Marvel's 616 (working title), a documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel's stories and the real world.
  • An animated series spinoff of Pixar's Monsters, Inc called Monsters at Work.
  • A series adapted from Disney movie Escape to Witch Mountain
  • A 10-episode series, Diary of a Female President, about a 12-year-old Cuban-American girl.
  • A documentary about Walt Disney Imagineering.
  • A Timmy Failure film directed by Spotlight's Tom McCarthy.
  • A live-action Lady and the Tramp remake.
  • A Sword in the Stone remake.
  • Noelle, a movie starring Anna Kendrick.
  • Togo, a sled dog movie starring Willem Dafoe.
  • A Three Men and a Baby remake.
  • The Paper Magician film.
  • A Stargirl film.
  • A High School Musical series.
  • Encore!, a reality show that reunites former castmates of a high school musical to re-creating their original performances of productions like The Sound of Music, Beauty and the Beast and Annie.
  • A possible Muppets series.
  • Earthkeepers (working title), a cinematic documentary series the animal kingdom and people working to protect endangered species.
  • Be Our Guest, a Disney-inspired cooking competition at Walt Disney World.
  • Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), an eight-episode series revisiting beloved films through their props and costumes. Films featured include Tron, Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
  • (Re)Connect, a reality program that explores divisions in individual families and their journeys with a specialized expert to confront their dilemmas.
  • Rogue Trip, a travel guide to misunderstood and overlooked corners of the world.
  • Shop Class (working title), a competition among students designing and testing new contraptions.

Last edited:

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Just show their absolutely insane 2019 slate for three hours while Iger laughs at photos of the other movie studio CEOs

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully the price is reasonable. I need those MCU shows.

Also, I hope that Scarlet Witch gets top billing for her & Vision's show.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The analyst in the video I posted said he was hoping for a price of 6.99 as a bundle price (I'm assuming he means each service would be 6.99?) Or that Disney + would be 6.99?

21$ for Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN might be a deal.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
The analyst in the video I posted said he was hoping for a price of 6.99 as a bundle price (I'm assuming he means each service would be 6.99?) Or that Disney + would be 6.99?

21$ for Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN might be a deal.

They've already said that Disney+ would be cheaper than Hulu, and $6.99 seems about right for that service by itself. I don't think Hulu or ESPN+ is gonna go down in price yet, though, so I'm not sure you'll get the whole bundle for $21.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I expect the pricing and date for Disney+ to be announced, and New Warriors to be confirmed as coming to Disney+ with the cast that was chosen years ago.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in Disney+ details. Will be interesting to learn how they see it fitting into the streaming landscape.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Apparently early word on the DIsney + App is extremely positive. The host of the show said 'Reminds me of Apple, that we need something that we didn't know we needed' about the App.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's only one thing I wanna hear about Disney+ and that's if it's getting the entirety of the Muppet Show.

Muppets or bust, and I probably won't care about the new show they're making. Why they can't just make a new Muppet Show is beyond me. It worked for Muppet's Tonight, and that show gave us Pepe the King Prawn.

BeeksElectric

Oct 25, 2017
They've already said that Disney+ would be cheaper than Hulu, and $6.99 seems about right for that service by itself. I don't think Hulu or ESPN+ is gonna go down in price yet, though, so I'm not sure you'll get the whole bundle for $21.

Hulu is $5.99 (with ads) and ESPN+ is $4.99, so as long as Disney+ comes in at less than $9.99 they can make that bundle.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
10 year plan to bankrupt Netflix and eventually buy them out? Most likely Disney+ Pricing plans. My family been waiting for this.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Looks like 6.99/7.99 might be the starting off price for Disney + according to both the videos.

Also the second video mentioned that maybe if you subscribe on a yearly contract, you might get disney parks discounts. I think that is pretty f**king smart.

That might entice us (we once a 1-2 year disneyland vacation family). Might play huge for our family.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in on this streaming service Day Zero. The amount of content, and the possibilities for original content, are just mind-boggling. I've never heard of that animated "What If" show, and I'm so excited for it. The old Bronze Age "What If" comics are some of my absolute favorites.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks like 6.99/7.99 might be the starting off price for Disney + according to both the videos.

Also the second video mentioned that maybe if you subscribe on a yearly contract, you might get disney parks discounts. I think that is pretty f**king smart.

That might entice us (we once a 1-2 year disneyland vacation family). Might play huge for our family.

that would be awesome

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just really want them to confirm some more MCU shows, like 'Vision and the Scarlet Witch.'

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping this comes to the uk and replaces Disney life as it sounds like it will have much more content. Also hoping for 4K.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
How they going to lose Kenny Ortega to Netflix like that. I feel that's a huge victory.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
That list or rumored/confirmed shows is missing Pixar's SparkShorts series

I wonder if they'll show anything from Monsters At Work, really curious if it's 2D, stylized 3D, or straight up looks like the movies

luca

Oct 25, 2017
At least they'll have something to show us, which is better than nothing. :)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uh, I hope Marvel Studios taking the reins on these MCU shows slows down their output a bit. With 3, possibly 4 movies a year, one or two miniseries a year are more than enough.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
So are these new Disney + MCU shows going to be "canon canon" instead of the "technically canon but not really" like their network and Netflix shows?