• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
article

EbOqjU2WAAYWawx

Walmart removed the Mississippi state flag from display in their stores Tuesday, saying they believed it's "the right thing to do."

"Displaying state flags in our stores is a common practice nationwide," Walmart spokesperson Lorenzo Lopez told CNN. "We know the design of the Mississippi state flag is being discussed by various stakeholders. While the issue continues to be discussed, we've made the decision to remove the Mississippi state flag from display in its current form from our stores."

He added: "We believe it's the right thing to do, and is consistent with Walmart's position to not sell merchandise with the confederate flag from stores and online sites, as part of our commitment to provide a welcoming and inclusive experience for all of our customers in the communities we serve."

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty big part of their customer base that will get riled up over this, but fuck em.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Can't wait for the people who'd be upset by this pledge to #BoycottWalmart and immediately reverse course once they realize Target is more expensive.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i miss read the title saying they removed Mississippi from walmart and i am going wat, either good riddance

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NASCAR and Wal-Mart?

A certain subset of the US population is about to have a collective aneurysm.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is how you know the tide of culture is turning.

And all the more reason we need to KEEP THIS UP.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Encouraging fraudulent activities
Can't wait for the people who'd be upset by this pledge to #BoycottWalmart and immediately reverse course once they realize Target is more expensive.
ok i registered (Mod Edit: domain removed) because the other one was taken, but the intended audience is stupid. Lets get up some donations and grift. anyone that wants in PM me. Send all proceeds to progressive causes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
The SEC needs to put some pressure on the state too.

They (and the NCAA) already have. No post-season events will be held in Mississippi until the flag changes. That's actually really fucking huge; both Ole Miss and MS State have pretty good baseball teams, and are easily in the running most years to host regionals/super-regionals. Without that home field advantage incentive, you're basically nuking those two programs.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Damn the red necks has lost walmart in Mississippi? Where else are they going to go? Face it trump supporters, you lost the culture war. #maga

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is very little happens in Mississippi so it´s difficult to punish them economically. College football is probably the best way to do it.

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a born and raised Mississippian. I have wanted this to happen for YEARS! I had never thought this would happen in my lifetime.

The going from stagnant to change over night is overwhelming. I love it so much.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
lmao love that these southern hicks will try to boycott Walmart for a day then have no choice but to keep shopping there

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait until this shitrag is replaced. Confederate flag should also be banned along with all other Nazi iconography.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
THAT'S Mississippi's state flag?

Edit: Holy shit, had to Google it to believe it.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
I hope they change the flag soon. But in the meantime, they should keep these in stores imo. Can't just let them all go to waste.

A good solution would be placing them above the trash bag isle. Very easy way to see where to get them if you're in a hurry.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Mississipi's been a state for awhile, isn't there a pre-Confederate flag they could just revert back to?