• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao man there was so many fade in and fade out transitions. It was like I was blinking my eyes slowly watching this.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No

Just

No

The show was only tolerable when I was young and dumb and I wanted to see Chuck Norris kick ass.

Now with my current knowledge of his racist ass backing Trump there is no way I'd even want to revisit this.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
lmao I kept waiting for the punchlines to reveal that this was a parody. Literally every single line in that trailer was poorly acted.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
WHEN THE EYES OF THE RANGER ARE UPON YOU

ANYTHING YOU DO HES GONNA SEEEE

WHEN YOURE IN TEXAS LOOK BEHIND YOUUU

CUZ THAT'S
WHERE THE RANGER'S
GONNA BE

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's best if he distance himself from the CW.....
All I see is Sam Winchester pretending to be someone else in this.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jared flexing his acting range, there.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only thing I remember about this show was Chuck Norris pulling a 180 in his truck at least once per episode.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
The only thing I remember about this show was Chuck Norris pulling a 180 in his truck at least once per episode.
And I can pretty much guarantee it's not going to be the action/procedural that the original was. I don't see this version tossing around roundhouse kicks like candy or even having significant driving stunts. It's gonna be Sam Winchester without the supernatural stuff and Dean to keep it interesting.

Oct 30, 2017
But why?

The original appeal of the show was just seeing Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking fools by the end of each episode on a Saturday night.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
Are they going to keep trying to claim that Walker is Native American? That's one of the few elements of the original that I remember. White-ass Chuck Norris would get visited by ghosts of his Native American ancestors in full ceremonial dress, and that would give him the strength to roundhouse kick people.

Reboot Early Edition, you cowards.
loGynRc.jpg

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a free one Hollywood. Make a series about the Texas Rangers or a Texas Ranger not named Walker. Is it really that hard to think of something original? What is going to happen to future directors wanting to use nostalgia for a crutch when there's no nostalgia of their own?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
If Conan can't pull a lever and get ridiculous clips in his future HBO show, they have failed.
Yup. The original was bad in a special entertaining way revolving entirely around Chuck Norris being Chuck Norris. I don't see how a reboot with Padalecki could possibly do justice to the source material.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Are they going to keep trying to claim that Walker is Native American? That's one of the few elements of the original that I remember. White-ass Chuck Norris would get visited by ghosts of his Native American ancestors in full ceremonial dress, and that would give him the strength to roundhouse kick people.

Reboot Early Edition, you cowards.
loGynRc.jpg
Chuck Norris's dad was Cherokee.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
CW?

"My name is Cordell Walker. Years ago, I saw a cowboy movie and an act of injustice in the same day. I then devoted my life to enforcing the law while also being a cowboy. With the help of my friends, I use my standing to fight for justice in the most Texas way possible. I am a Texas Ranger"

wuuuuut is this for real? HOly shit.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I randomly watched Walker Texas Ranger the other night on plutotv, maybe it was because the episode had Danny Trejo, but it was nice to watch super low budget tv from days of yore.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a free one Hollywood. Make a series about the Texas Rangers or a Texas Ranger not named Walker. Is it really that hard to think of something original? What is going to happen to future directors wanting to use nostalgia for a crutch when there's no nostalgia of their own?

Jeff Bridges is a Texas Ranger in Hell or High Water!

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
So much dead wife in 30 seconds not sure if it's a parody or not

"some things don't add up!"