• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the other day I was actually kind of thinking about how funny/strange it is that Momoa was like a C-tier guest at comic book conventions for like a decade, charging like $20 for a photo or autograph. Then after Game of Thrones he kinda moved up to being a B-tier guest.

Now he's so big that you probably will never see him at a comic book convention again (aside from maybe San Diego).

I was at Denver Comic Con a few years back when he was big. I was talking to the guy who played Hodor (Kristian Nairn or something like that) in Game of Thrones because literally almost no one was at his table, when Mamoa came out to his table and like 3,000 women started screaming in unison.

Kristian was like, why doesn't that happen when I come out? And everyone at his table started laughing.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I was a big Atlantis fan, even moreso than SG-1. Momoa was great and Joe Flanigan was my dream casting for Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Ah man. That's the worst thing about watching SG1 and Atlantis. Everyone is so much older now.

Except Jewel Staite.

If you want to be a bit chronological its approx this (Its also pretty much release order):
Movie > SG 1 until Season 7 > SGA until season 3 /SG-1 until it ends -> SG1 Ark of truth direct to dvd film -> SGA until it ends > SGU

Don't forget the film Stargate Continuum, I think it goes after SGA.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
First in my mind he is always Ronon. Second is Drogo. Apparently he's done some thing else.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Yes. It was before he understood he was Jason Momoa. I am not saying he's become an asshole or anything, but part of his "I am just some guy" was his charm back then. He's still charming as hell, but it's different.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah dude started out as a nerd. I saw him at an Austin comicon, he was recently super famous and there was a whole team of people smacking down people's cameras and phones and you could see him see that happening and tell he was thinking this is surreal. Especially considering flanigan was nearby as one of the lesser celebrities with no anti camera crew along with napoleon dynamite and a few others.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I recently saw Johnson Family Vacation again and realized that Jason Momo was in that as well.

images

tumblr_prpq9tWkzs1rpe0nao4_500.gif

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I guess while im here, is there a proper order to watch these? Or is it release order and be done?

Stargate (The 1994 Movie)
Stargate SG-1
Stargate: The Ark of Truth (movie)
Stargate: Continuum (movie)
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe

Not required but can be watched if you want more:
Stargate Infinity (2002–2003 animated series)
Stargate Origins (2018 web series)

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
While I knew Momoa since Atlantis and was happy he starred in GoT, for some reason my brain never thought of the Atlantis connection between Aquaman and SGA.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
It's always fun doing rewatches after you've watched other things and noticing crossover. Like the BSG actors that did one offs.

Ah man. That's the worst thing about watching SG1 and Atlantis. Everyone is so much older now.

Except Jewel Staite.

I don't know, Major Lorne looks like he's sleeping in a Goa'uld sarcophagus.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was at Denver Comic Con a few years back when he was big. I was talking to the guy who played Hodor (Kristian Nairn or something like that) in Game of Thrones because literally almost no one was at his table, when Mamoa came out to his table and like 3,000 women started screaming in unison.

Kristian was like, why doesn't that happen when I come out? And everyone at his table started laughing.
Yeah I've been to plenty of conventions and seen plenty of actors, but I don't think any of them have had the steep upwards career trajectory that Jason Momoa has had. Most of the time you see people whose career has already kinda peaked, or is on a downward slump. Almost never do you encounter someone that later became a superstar. Kind of funny to think that 10 years ago I could have paid $20 to get a picture with the guy, and now that opportunity is pretty much priceless and unavailable.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when the last time he had short hair.

He got rid of the dreds after season 4 of Atlantis and used a wig for season 5.

2018 photo(Edit or possibly 2013):
ceI1kfv.jpg

He can use wigs and get extensions when needed for a gig.

Last edited:

EXMaster

Oct 28, 2017
I knew, and I still think Ronon Dex is his best role. Forgot the specific name of it, but there was an action movie like episode featuring him that was one of the greatest TV episodes ever made.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I know, right??? As a massive Stargate Atlantis fan, this tickles me pink whenever I think about it. Like how Mark Webb directed some Spider-Mans.