• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yellow bandana with ninja claws. Cool idea or no?

• Yeah, seems cool to me

Votes: 556 71.2%
  • No, there should only be the four main turtles.

Votes: 225 28.8%

• Total voters

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
The 2011 onward IDW run of TMNT that this is part of is great and everyone even remotely interested in Ninja Turtles should give it a read.

They also crossed over with the Ghostbusters.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because she was an existing character that has been in the series, got a turtle blood transfusion and bam there you go.

Just ordered Volume 10 of the Hardcover Complete collection, which by the way if you are looking to get into this serious, these are awesome. Collects all the issues, crossovers etc in proper reading order. Pricey to get each volume for 30 bucks but damn are they nice.

41JRfGYO5IL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Good to know! I bought like the first six or seven paperbacks a few years ago and it was a bit daunting to continue. I love the paper and the covers of the paperbacks but it's gonna be too much of a pain to follow everything like that. So I think I'm gonna sell the ones I have and start buying the hardcovers, even though it's gonna be more expensive for me since I have to import them. They're not published here in France, they tried with the first issues but they sold poorly, which is sad because the Turtles had a big following here in the 80s and 90s.

I'll stick to the originals.

What's next, a female James Bond? A male Lara Croft?... Oh wait ... That's already been through the news. #GottaCaterToAll

Edit: Adding a new turtle is not required. Making the turtle female is just the typical modern way of having to cover all bases to keep everyone happy.
tumblr_inline_pggoyeDX9A1uuw1rz_540.gif

Salt.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The 2012 series is probably my favorite iteration of the characters. And it definitely threw dark. Hell the end of season four had

Super Shredder murder Splinter and then the turtles went on the warpath with all their villains until Leo cut Shredder's damn head off

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The 2012 series is probably my favorite iteration of the characters. And it definitely threw dark. Hell the end of season four had

Super Shredder murder Splinter and then the turtles went on the warpath with all their villains until Leo cut Shredder's damn head off

Timmy's transformation into Mutagen Man was unsettling.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's about time they added a female turtle tbh, Venus's series was so bad it killed the idea for a while, but the idea of a 5th character shouldn't be heresy.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I clicked on this to go all "aw hell nah" and then saw the amazing art and now I'm all "I'll allow it".

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Didn't the IDW Turtles get a boardgame kickstarted in the last 3~ish years? I wonder if Jennika will get added to that.

Oct 27, 2017
I came in expecting something "meh" at beast but she looks cool, has a neato backstory, and fits in well visually.

Just needs a new name. :P Maybe she could take on a new name now that she's a part of the group?

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Never underestimate people's ability to be dismissive or hostile about changes made to a series they probably haven't engaged with since they were 10 years old.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was like damn they ripped off the fan artist who made a yellow female turtle years ago

But it turns out she is an artist on the series now and it was her more recent concept art used for the design. So that's cool

IDW seems to be really smart about pulling talent from the fanbase, and actually listening to their ideas. If Sega didn't have the Sonic comic in such a chokehold because of what Penders did during the Archie run, it'd probably be even better than it is now.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read any of the Turtle comics but far as just looks go I think she fits in nicely.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
could've sworn i saw a thread on this earlier this year?
but yeah, that cat is what im mainly curious about

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
She seems like a welcome addition, though it's kinda weird that her receiving transfused blood turned her into a turtle. Would've preferred if Shredder wanted to create his own turtle to combat the turtles and so he did so using the same process that birthed his greatest enemies. The present origin just seems contrived.

That is basically how slash was created. In the IDW it was Baxter Stockman who did it but still.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
She looks cool. Only problem I have is that her name breaks the Renaissance naming pattern of the rest of the gang.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She seems like a welcome addition, though it's kinda weird that her receiving transfused blood turned her into a turtle. Would've preferred if Shredder wanted to create his own turtle to combat the turtles and so he did so using the same process that birthed his greatest enemies. The present origin just seems contrived.

You're talking about Slash.

Also at this point in the story, Shredder is dead.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
yes-ish. They are turtles that have been turned into mutant turtles but they were given the psychological profiles of 4 children from Feudal japan by the utrom. Same with splinter he was a rat turned into a mutant rat but was given the psychological profile of Hamato Yoshi, who was he father of those 4 boys from feudal Japan.

Wait wut?

Man, I gotta read this run of turtles.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is basically how slash was created. In the IDW it was Baxter Stockman who did it but still.
You're talking about Slash.

Also at this point in the story, Shredder is dead.
Ahhh, as you can tell, I don't read the comic at all lol. Well, good to see that good ideas are common. This blood transfusion one makes for a good laugh though.

Wait wut?

Man, I gotta read this run of turtles.
Man this shit sounds crazy lmao.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
yes-ish. They are turtles that have been turned into mutant turtles but they were given the psychological profiles of 4 children from Feudal japan by the utrom. Same with splinter he was a rat turned into a mutant rat but was given the psychological profile of Hamato Yoshi, who was he father of those 4 boys from feudal Japan.

THIS.
THIS is where the idw comics overstep into crazyness. This is too much

The rest of the comic is amazing tho

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
The TMNT get guest characters (for lack of a better term) all the time, why does this one being a lady human -> turtle mutant bother people?

I really need to pick these collections up.

Oct 25, 2017
no
Aw missed the troll :') lmao I was around for the original comics too, bub. ya ain't special

I'm glad they didn't do a Renaissance artist name - it wouldn't have made a lot of sense lol

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, how did her body not reject the turtle blood? Why did they transfuse turtle blood into a human in the first place? :s

Biske

Nov 11, 2017

Wait a minute, it's been a bit since I was through the full run. But I'm not sure the utrom gave them the psychological profiles rather they were reincarnated, Splinter and his sons.

The Utrom were definitely fucking around with Shredder though and the source of the mutagen originally and trying to develop exo armor based on turtles.

Can debate on the crazy or notness of reincarnation but otherwise.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoy IDW's run of TMNT, and I think it's my favorite of the many incarnations/interpretations of the series.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Hey OP, for what it's worth you made me google this and realize that this run of TMNT is actually very good. So thanks to you I'm going to get hype about TMNT stuff for the first time since the first set of movies in the 90s.