• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Apparently!

I stumbled across this on the "Coming Soon" section on my Switch and blown away. I thought this was a forgotten gem. It's a great AA Zelda-like from the PS2/GCN/Xbox gen. Did anyone else see this? I didn't see a topic on here about it, but I figured I'd make one to give this great game the attention it deserves!

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Never played it but not the first time I heard of it as like a cult favorite I don't think? I could use a good Zelda-like on my Switch.

kaf

Technical Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There are a ton of great PS2 platformers out there that a lot of people missed during launch - this is a really good one that I'm glad I'll be able to play again. It would be interesting to see Dr. Muto, Haven, Vexx and some other lost classics come back in a similar fashion.

It's also cool to see Eurocom, despite being defunct now, being listed as the developer

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are you shocked a 6 month old thq Nordic port is getting ported

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
WHAT THE FUCK!!! I did not know this and I am beyond happy. Sphinx is still one of the best Zelda type games I've ever played. Replayed it about 4-ish years ago and it still holds up. Buying!!

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Yes, it was announced a while ago. It's been available on PC since last year I think, and what started as just a port has been slowly becoming a proper remaster. It just got a bunch of new HD textures this week, mostly sourced from the original art assets, which is really nice. I've never heard of this game before seeing it on Steam, but it's pretty good and it scratched my Zelda itch a little bit.

I hope it sells well on Switch so we can maybe get a sequel someday and keep classic-style 3D "Zelda" alive.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
There are a ton of great PS2 platformers out there that a lot of people missed during launch - this is a really good one that I'm glad I'll be able to play again. It would be interesting to see Dr. Muto, Haven, Vexx and some other lost classics come back in a similar fashion.

It's also cool to see Eurocom, despite being defunct now, being listed as the developer

God, I would love Vexx. Incredible game.

Goonopher

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm looking forward to this. Loved it on PS2, will be my game to play whilst on holiday in February.

Now can we have a Haven Call of the King remaster?

OP
OP
Deadpool_X

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
Yes, it was announced a while ago. It's been available on PC since last year I think, and what started as just a port has been slowly becoming a proper remaster. It just got a bunch of new HD textures this week, mostly sourced from the original art assets, which is really nice. I've never heard of this game before seeing it on Steam, but it's pretty good and it scratched my Zelda itch a little bit.

I hope it sells well on Switch so we can maybe get a sequel someday and keep classic-style 3D "Zelda" alive.

Ahhh, not being a PC gamer, I had no idea that it had already been brought back. THQ Nordic is doing the Lord's work. Now, we need a Timesplitters HD Trilogy!

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
WHAT?!?

i loved playing that game on my Gamecube. although i suspect there's some rose-tinted memory at work.