• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 10, 2018
The thought just occurred to me. What's going on there? Are there any internal issues with Rare that need to be cleared up in order for this to happen, or what? Surely Microsoft would be fine with green-lighting such a project, no? It's baffling to me that this hasn't happened yet.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
The have the XBLA version up. That's fine for most people. Rare's time is better spent on updating Sea of Thieves and new projects.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
360 got a remaster, then got a 4k update in 2018 (Or 2017? It was announced at an X0 event)

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Banjo Kazooie isnt exactly a hot prospect in 2021. The existing remaster still holds up really well.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Nuts & Bolts started off as a remake, but they thought the idea was kind of boring and it was relatively close to Conker Reloaded, so they went with the vehicle stuff instead.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
I mean it got a pretty fantastic remaster on 360, as did Tooie and Perfect Dark.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yeah the 360 remaster was perfect, an enhanced port of that with even better graphics would be cool but not needed.

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
It's enough for me if they port the game to PC, honestly.
But yeah, a remake in the same vein as Spyro is something we can only dream.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any differences between the XBLA versions of Banjo and the N64 games other than higher resolution?

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Are there any differences between the XBLA versions of Banjo and the N64 games other than higher resolution?
Banjo Tooie has awful aiming for the first person Kazooie gun segments on the XB remaster, making the final boss so much more difficult than it should be. The salt was worth how much better the game looks and runs though.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Banjo Kazooie / Banjo Tooie remake ala Crash Bandicoot Trilogy or Spyro Trilogy as an Xbox exclusive would be freaking HUGE.

It would legitimately be a system seller. I'm shocked Microsoft hasn't done this yet.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Every E3 the one game I saw people hope for from Xbox was something Banjo related, even a remaster.

After the success of Spyro and Crash It'd be a no brainer.

A Banjo remake is a system seller for me.

I'd love a new Banjo, but would shrug at a remake. The HD version is already fantastic

You will probably get your remake at some point though as people go crazy for boring and safe remakes for some reason

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
They clearly don't. But it's also important to remember that Microsoft really dismantled the team so the current "Rare" has absolutely nothing to do with Rare.

If anything, I'd expect Nintendo to be the ones to help fund a remake/new entry.

I mean, its pretty clear that the Rare that made Kinect stuff, and then Sea of Thieves, and now Everwild are probably not going to prioritize a remaster of a 25 year old game. In that sense, they have better stuff to do.

Im also not sure why Nintendo would pay to fund a remake of an MS/Rare property.

In a world where Crash Trilogy did well, I"m sure a Banjo remake could to, but resources are finite an the companies involved probably have higher priority stuff to work on.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They clearly don't. But it's also important to remember that Microsoft really dismantled the team so the current "Rare" has absolutely nothing to do with Rare.

If anything, I'd expect Nintendo to be the ones to help fund a remake/new entry.

Why/how would Nintendo make a new Banjo Kazooie - an IP that Microsoft owns? They gonna make a new Halo too?

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I mean, does it really need one? It got an excellent remaster on the 360 which is playable on the Series S at native 1440p and the Series X at native 4k, and I believe also has support for HDR as well.

If the game is already 4k60fps and plays beautifully on modern platforms, why spend the money making a remake for the game that would just be more controversial than anything else?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's needed, honestly. Game plays fine as is.

The series should continue though.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I ask myself the same over and over again.

This is one of the few things that REALLY irks me in the gaming landscape.

If they already left the Smash train pass by to release a game simultaneously (more or less), our hopes should be no other than zero.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
A current-gen remake of Banjo Kazooie is basically the only thing I want from the franchise at this point.

Tooie, DK64, and Yooka Laylee have all tried and failed to be as good as BK1, they just can't seem to get the right balance of level size, overworld design, and fun that Banjo Kazooie 1 nailed so well.

If there's ever an official BK3, I fully expect that it'll have levels that are too large, be bloated with too many collectibles/moves/minigames, and have an unsatisfying over world to explore.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I don't think there is an audience for it beyond middle aged millennials reliving their youth

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Notes are permanently saved even if you die.
Way better framerate.
Stop n' Swap is fully integrated into all 3 games.

I think those are all the major things.
Iirc the note saving causes a major issue with the secret puzzle for the beehive as banjo can pick up a note in that that then disappears from the real level. Not sure if this was ever patched but I remember needing to avoid doing that when I played on 360.

Oct 27, 2017
A Banjo Kazooie / Banjo Tooie remake ala Crash Bandicoot Trilogy or Spyro Trilogy as an Xbox exclusive would be freaking HUGE.

It would legitimately be a system seller. I'm shocked Microsoft hasn't done this yet.
Err, I don't think that would be the case lol...but the first Banjo sold 3M+ worldwide which is on par with the classic Spyro Trilogy, which are all 3-4 million sellers (Seriously, I will never fuckin' understand why SIE didn't buy Spyro and Crash from Universal Interactive in the 90s lol) , so I definitely don't think it's farfetched to assume that a Banjo-Kazooie + Tooie duology remake's commercial performance would be somewhat similar to the Reignited Trilogy. Whether or not that's enticing to Microsoft is anyone's guess...
I imagine they'd love to see something on par with N. Sane's big 10M+, but that ain't happening lol.
Crash was PlayStation's Mario/Sonic, the gulf in popularity and iconicness between him and mascots not named Mario or Sonic is immense.