• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why?

Why can't I use the sticks to naturally move left to right?

What is this shit?

I've Googled and I've asked people I know.

Is there a fix for this garbage? I'm not going to play this game if it means jumping all over the fucking place to move left to right.

I hope there is a fix but I can't find it in the settings etc

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Why?

Why can't I use the sticks to naturally move left to right?

What is this shit?

I've Googled and I've asked people I know.

Is there a fix for this garbage? I'm not going to play this game if it means jumping all over the fucking place to move left to right.

I hope there is a fix but I can't find it in the settings etc
Sounds to me to be a comfort feature, but go ahead and dismiss the best vr game ever made, just because you can't move left and right on thumbstick.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you talking about turning left to right, or strafing left to right?

The former not working is a bug I believe, the later can be done with continuous movement.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the game is on the latest updates. If its gonna jump around like this L to R I think that's crazy and it's why I made a thread.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Yes the continuous settings seem to only apply to the vertical axis. I don't know why.
It's the rotation setting, not the locomotion setting. Sounds like you're talking about the 'continuous' locomotion setting. Look for the thing that says "Snap rotation" or something to that effect, and change that to 'Continuous Turn '

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
There appears to be a bug in the game that doesn't turn off snap turning even when you choose to do so in the preferences. I'm guessing they will be patching it soon to address. Hasn't personally bothered me enough to stop playing, but I wish it was working too.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Probably HL:A will be a lot of people's first VR game. Will be interesting to see how people take to it in different ways.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
There appears to be a bug in the game that doesn't turn off snap turning even when you choose to do so in the preferences. I'm guessing they will be patching it soon to address. Hasn't personally bothered me enough to stop playing, but I wish it was working too.
The newest update that just came out fixes it.

So you are telling me you can hit left or right and it doesn't jump?
Yeah, it was bugged before to where even if you were set to 'continuous rotation' it was still doing 'snap rotation' which is the jump you're talking about. The 1.1 update that just came out addresses it.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Left to right axis as far as I can tell there is no way to not make the camera jump if you got the stick. Most VR games let you get rid of that.
Did either of you launch the game in the last half hour? Looks like the game updated and addressed this very issue.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This feature has just been patched in (since the thread was started!). You'll be able to do it if you restart your game.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wild that an update happened literally in the midst of this thread to address this. Thanks Valve! Crazy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well alright the next issue is that I literally cant cross a gap.

Game is telling me to hit the right stick to do that but that just brings up the steam menu. I even remapped the controls, actually 2x now with restarts. Game doesn't seem very well set up. I'd like to play it but I literally can't.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'll wait for some more updates. Honestly pretty rare a game is completely unplayable. Whatevs I guess. I'll probably start a refund pretty quick here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

Game is telling me to hit the right stick to do that but that just brings up the steam menu. I even remapped the controls, actually 2x now with restarts. Game doesn't seem very well set up. I'd like to play it but I literally can't.
What type of controllers are you using?

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think it's the jumping part? it wants you to tilt the stick down, not press on it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
wmr. And if the excuse here is well, get some index controllers, then yeah, fuck VR in general I guess. I'm out. I can't even buy those. Sold out for months.
Can't really help with WMR controllers (should probably ask in the official thread), but if the Steam menu is coming up from hitting the joystick, it sounds like your bindings were screwed up somehow.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why did you even rebind stuff? shouldn't it work from the get go?, try going default again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As of now I've given up. Cant cross a gap in the opening part of the game.

I'll let them figure it out I guess

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried to change the bindings 2x now because the default doesn't work to cross a simple gap. I'm not doing this for him reason lol.
I don't know man, try posting in the steam forum or wait for someone with a WMR headset to chime in, these issues is exactly why I've been saying for months that people should NOT go WMR even if it's cheaper.

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QUOTE="tkato, post: 30201770, member: 14914"]
I don't know man, try posting in the steam forum or wait for someone with a WMR headset to chime in, these issues is exactly why I've been saying for months that people should NOT go WMR even if it's cheaper.

Great.
[/QUOTE]
I Hope you get it all sorted out, or maybe sell your WMR and get a Quest or Rift S.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Jesus my doctor is not okay with the sodium intake I got just from reading this thread.

On a serious note, I hope your issues get resolved and you get to enjoy your game.