• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Because Marvel hasn't literally been cited by a mass shooter as part of their manifesto maybe? I can see why people are annoyed by Marvel fans, but they're nowhere near as bad as the incredibly toxic high rankers
Did Marvel fans commit cyber crimes over Youtube subscriber counts?

Yeah. I feel like as far as band fanbases go on the Internet, Tool or Radiohead would've been a better pick.

Don't get me wrong.. I am a marvel fan. I love the movies (even though my wife hates me for making her watch them with me). But the shit that happened after the spiderman thing.. lol

I get it that the incident with pew was crazy and unheard of.. and it makes most other fanbases look tame.. but it was one person..

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Don't get me wrong.. I am a marvel fan. I love the movies (even though my wife hates me for making her watch them with me). But the shit that happened after the spiderman thing.. lol

I get it that the incident with pew was crazy and unheard of.. and it makes most other fanbases look tame.. but it was one person..
I wasn't even referring to the mass shooting since you could argue that he was being ironic or some shit. PDP fans went crazy both when the media started picking up on his bullshit and he started talking about how the MSM was out to get the little Youtubers AND when he was about to lose the number one spot. The latter also included a ton of racism since the rival channel was from an Indian corporation.

Oct 26, 2017
their live shows suck and without fans they wouldnt do live shows, thus the fandom is evil
200.gif

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Huh. Most of the fan bases of things I like lost in the first round.

I'm both happy and mildly offended.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Lizzo, Pokemon, and MBMBAM are real headscratchers. I despise Pod Save America, but I don't see why it's on here, either.

And wow at Rick and Morty not making it past round 1.

Pokémon deserves to be up there after the let's go games and now Sword/shield. They've earned it thoroughly.

But being beaten by Logan Paul makes a -lot- of sense.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Harry Potter, Marvel, Disney and Star Wars make it far. All of those fanbases couldn't be more obnoxious. They didn't deserve to make it further honestly cause they were up against dirt.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
My questions about the finalists...

How the hell did Bronies not make the cut?

How did Harry Potter make it through a few rounds. Given it's popularity, I've always found it's fanbase pretty civil.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE out in the first round, this is a victory for pro-wrestling!

Or an indication of just how far wrestling's popularity and visibility has fallen, because believe me, the fandom can be pretty damn insufferable at times. A recent example; WWE superstar Roman Reigns announced he had leukaemia and large swathes of fans and even industry journalists spent weeks debating whether this was true, or rather some elaborate scheme to increase Roman's popularity via sympathy.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
My only exposure to Bar Stool Sports was a month or so ago on twitter. Someone retweeted a clip of two women discussing a male friend visiting Las Vegas... I'll put the rest in spoilers as it's pretty bad. Very gross in fact.

The guy went to a strip club, hooked up with a stripper. They had unprotected anal sex, and afterward he started noticing some pain in his penis. He went to the doctor and tested negative for everything, but it kept hurting. Last resort he had a... more invasive test and they found a jalapeno seed during the process.
Probably an urban legend but yeah.

So that's Barstool Sports.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
X-men fans annoy me.

Franchise is about people who are different and empowered but they get rankled that their favorite white men may change. Also feel there are too many colored folk and homosexuals.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
No Apple, no Nintendo, no Playstation, no Xbox.

Well, at least the most annoying is deserved.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is cum town on the list? Aren't they just a liberal comedy podcast? Don't know much about them or the fanbase though

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a deserved "win" for Pewdiepie fans, but looking at the brackets it seems a lot of people voted based on how much they dislike *the thing* rather than its fans.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
This really shows me how old I am... despite being on the internet a lot, I'm not really attuned to almost any of this except for the big hitters (Star Wars, Pewdiepie, etc.). Like...Schitt's Creek has a known toxic fan base? Veep? James Bond? Is the Bond "fandom" just a bunch of dads who coordinate to watch the TNT Bond marathons?

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It makes sense that the YouTubers with the biggest cults of personality fanbases reign supreme.

Also, I've never heard of Barstool Sports, but I can just imagine toxic sports fans who make content attracting a fanbase of other toxic sports fans amounting to a total cesspool of shit.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The starting matchups for this are really wack. I mean I know that's how brackets work but like...you could have weighted certain ones more heavily. Anything about relatively harmless pop culture (Harry Potter, Steven Universe, Undertale, Pokemon) does not even remotely compare to abusers.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straight white guys who like to casually drop slurs every so often "as a joke". It creates a really anti-PC type of fanbase.
Never heard them drop slurs. Only ever listened to some stuff on youtube where they made fun of some conservative author who wrote a really bad book

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Supernatural had a bad match up. A few years ago they could have went all the way. The main actors literally had to hide their wives from the fans of the show
At some course I visited for a few months there was this girl that was reaaallly into both of them. I thought nothing of it, I met quite a few women who were up to that point. Then she messaged me on facebook and I was like, ok sure.

Then I saw her page and it was nightmare stalker fuel. Appearently she met them at some fan meetings, but my god. Only about them. Every day. It was a weird rabbit hole to go down. The more recent the status messages, the worse it got. I've never seen someone being that fanatic and obsessive over someone else, and I know some hardcore K-Pop fans.

Last edited:

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised that pretty much across the board, Actually Dirtbag People won over Fans Overly Enthusiastic About Thing I Don't Like.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Sonic lost so early

Here's a picture of Big the Cat inside Rouge the Bat's womb to emphasize my surprise
a05.png
Sonic Dreams Collection (where this came from) is blatant satire, and the reasons people should dislike the Sonic fandom and the reasons people actually hate the Sonic fandom are a Venn diagram with such a slim overlap you could mistake it for being two circles.

Like I basically evacuated the fandom from it being toxic, but that's because they're literally incapable of feeling joy and hate everyone and themselves. Anything bizarre that usually gets dragged into the limelight is either stuff that every fandom has (and as another post already pointed out is only being seen by most people because a group of individuals not even in the fandom deliberately trawl sites for it to drag the content out for the sake of hosting a digital freakshow), or in this case was deliberately made for shock value as opposed to any nonironic expression of weirdness.

At any rate, I'm pleasantly surprised that the internet actually prioritizes legitimate issues like white supremacy and terrorism over hating something mostly for the sake of hating it. That's honestly unexpectedly mature, assuming it isn't a statistical fluke.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie is trash, same as his fandom going everywhere staning for him and commenting "SuBScRibE tO PiEwDiEpiE" and making jokes a 9 year old would enjoy.

Completely agree with these results.