• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say WTF at Elon Musk ranking so high but then I remembered how many shill accounts we have on this very forum that lick his asshole everytime he or Tesla does something stupid

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant disagree with the winner, but Harry Potter fans being considered worse than known pedophile Drake fans makes me side eye the whole thing.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
A couple questions:

- Bojack, Veep and Fleabag have awful fanbases? I barely think of those shows as having a fandom. Are people just annoyed that fans keep saying "omg you need to watch this show"?

- Louis CK is a jerkass...but I guess I haven't seen or heard about anything from his "fans". I'm assuming there's some shitty and well-known behavior from people who actively celebrate him?

Cant disagree with the winner, but Harry Potter fans being considered worse than known pedophile Drake fans makes me side eye the whole thing.

Whoa, whoa, WHAT?!?

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Lizzo, Pokemon, and MBMBAM are real headscratchers. I despise Pod Save America, but I don't see why it's on here, either.

And wow at Rick and Morty not making it past round 1.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I don't know enough about the internet to rank fanbases

I like the NBA, Photoshop, Nintendo, and Radiohead. How toxic am I?

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why is Phish on there???

I don't get it either. I was just scrolling through r/phish trying to find even one post that could be construed as toxic or negative, and I'm at a loss. The only thing you can maybe say is they do like to party at Phish shows, but if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disney for sure has the most toxic fan base I've ever seen. I often see them celebrating the idea of Disney owning the world.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Sonic lost so early

Here's a picture of Big the Cat inside Rouge the Bat's womb to emphasize my surprise
a05.png
604.gif

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
PewDiePie had a cake walk to the top, should have put Chris Brown and his legion of domestic abuse defenders head to head against him.

Also I have no idea who Logan Paul is I just know there is a thread here about him I never entered.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I don't get it either. I was just scrolling through r/phish trying to find even one post that could be construed as toxic or negative, and I'm at a loss. The only thing you can maybe say is they do like to party at Phish shows, but if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.
I think the problem people have with Phish fans is similar to the problem some people have with fans of bands like Radiohead where some of their fans will act like they're the only band that matters.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
What is barstool sports
Saw this asked a lot.

Barstool Sports started as a sports/comedy blog in MA, but they exploded in popularity a few years ago and were purchased by AOL/Time Warner.

The main guy (something Portnoy) still retains creative content control over the blog while they also lay claim to one of the most followed "meme" accounts on Instagram.

Portnoy has come under fire for:
  • Posting nude photos of Tom Brady's 2 year-old son and making fun of his genitals.
  • Making frequent jokes about rape and sexual abuse
  • Inspiring underage drinking with their national "Blackout" college tour
  • Stealing copyrighted content.
The insta memes are usually focused on drinking or people getting seriously injured. I've heard the fanbase often described as an 18-28 year old fratboy white dudes.

I hear about Barstool Sports at least twice a week. I followed them on Instagram to keep up with the people I work with. Every now and then I would see a post that would shock me (someone doing something dangerous or stupid) or chuckle when they make a dig at Boston or NY fans.

I unfollowed the account after they posted something goofing on a mentally disabled kid.

Last edited:

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Envious of everyone that doesn't know what Barstool is. That organization sucks shit and Dave Portnoy is a horrible person.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
Putting Phish on there seems so outdated. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I haven't heard anyone give a shit about Phish (positively or negatively) since the mid 00s.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Putting Phish on there seems so outdated. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I haven't heard anyone give a shit about Phish (positively or negatively) since the mid 00s.

They did sell out 17 shows at Madison Square Garden in 2018 alone...but yeah, I guess comments like this (mine) are why people don't like us. Oh well...I kind of get it. Phish fans are passionate, but they're not passionate in a way that makes them act negatively towards bands or fans of bands that are not phish. Which again, is probably why they didn't get past the first round.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't get into online fandoms, even I know that Sonic is the worst fanbase on the internet
Nah. Barely ever even hear Sonic Fans do ki h of anything. People sure love to talk about them and make assumptions about then and generalize them a lot (particularly using DeviantArt self-insert OC fanart without even knowing how old most of the people who do that stuff are or anything and if the worst they do is make self-insert fanart, that's pretty mild, especially since they ain't the ones shoving that in people's faces to begin with but ironically the people attempting to make fun of them for it and generalize the entire fanbase based on it do more promotion of that artwork than Sonic Fans themselves ever did), but Sonic Fans themselves, don't even hear from them enough to say anything.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
They did sell out 17 shows at Madison Square Garden in 2018 alone...but yeah, I guess comments like this (mine) are why people don't like us. Oh well...I kind of get it. Phish fans are passionate, but they're not passionate in a way that makes them act negatively towards bands or fans of bands that are not phish. Which again, is probably why they didn't get past the first round.

I had no idea Phish were still at it, good for them. I figured it was a dead or dying (not in the literal sense) fanbase, tantamount to making fun of emo kids in 2019.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I'm glad I don't know enough about the internet to rank fanbases

I like the NBA, Photoshop, Nintendo, and Radiohead. How toxic am I?
There would be a difference between a fan and an internet toxic fanbase. There are millions of sports fans who know nothing about Barstool Sports.
The internet ruins everything.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Impressive that Bar Stool Sports was even able to beat "Yeah he touched a few kids, but have you heard Thriller".

But yeah, PDP has to win for coordinated mass shootings as pretty bad fan conduct.

Edit: the ones I mostly identify with didn't make it past the first round.

Edit2: Wait Zack Snyder fans are obviously worse than Disney fans.
I imagine for Michael Jackson most people interpreted it as fans of his music rather than fans of him as a person. I think the average person will generally agree Michael Jackson was a fantastic musician but an incredibly shitty human being.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
2017. Some phan you are. lol

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Did I miss console or phone fans boys on that list

But Android had it years ago
Apple does everything better they have courage
But Xbox has no exclusives
Sony has the best games ever and they're all I play no other games matter

Where are these guys

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
You have no idea how rabid the fan base is for how relatively small it is compared to most "major" artists.

But yeah, they sell out 4 nights over New Years at the world's most famous arena every year in minutes. They're still a huge draw in the live music scene.

Deleted member 2085

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I'm surprised Disney and Marvel got up so high. But they deservedly lost against two extremely problematic individuals.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Here's a picture of Big the Cat inside Rouge the Bat's womb to emphasize my surprise
a05.png

Sonic has two separate fandoms:
A. People who actually like Sonic for one reason or another.
B. People who exclusively look for opportunities to post the "cringiest" shit they can find from the fandom at any possible opportunity.

ANY possible opportunity.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
How Marvel didn't win this is a big mystery..
Did Marvel fans commit cyber crimes over Youtube subscriber counts?

I think the problem people have with Phish fans is similar to the problem some people have with fans of bands like Radiohead where some of their fans will act like they're the only band that matters.
Yeah. I feel like as far as band fanbases go on the Internet, Tool or Radiohead would've been a better pick.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Missed this, but prime example of what I'm talking about in my other post: note, it's very rarely Sonic Fans themselves actually posting this stuff everywhere.

For people who claim to hate this stuff, people sure do like to go out if their way to search it and spread it everywhere way more than Sonic Fans and the actual artists ever did, and ate almost always the Ines to get these threads locked and not Sonic Fans themselves because they just can't help spreading stuff they don't think anyone should be looking at.

Aurongel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck is Cum Town? I googled it and I'm still not sure.
A comedy podcast that comprises of:

10% quality riffs
10% quality impressions
80% homophobia

seriously, most of their humor is "that's so gay", "he looks like he sucks dick", etc. It's unreal how many people I respect have recommended that trashy frat bro podcast to me.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the finals, but some of these should have gone way further than they did.