• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Sending love to you OP in those unfortunate times.

Is this thread going to be yet again filled with deranged, lowkey racist boomers complaining about harmless entertainment?
Give it time, i'm waiting round 2 of "she's sexualized" or some shit from the last thread about her or the usual "lol it's for pedo" trash that gets spewed here and there.
I appreciate this place when, sometimes, they call out the shitheads that harass woman streamers (even if those threads have shitheads of their own sometimes) but it's too bad the same can't be done when it come to vtubers because it's anime or something so I guess that doesn't count.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Korone's sudden "Banana Paradise" got a legitimate snrk out of me.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I watched some of this earlier. I think I like Vtubers? I've been gravitating more and more towards wholesome and lighthearted entertainment lately and this seems to fit the bill. I like Korone from what little I've watched but I should look up some of the full English streamers as well.

I can recommend Gawr Gura, her streams are really chill and are very entertaining.

She also has some serious singing skills

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
She's going to have a collab this weekend with ya boi Calliope Mori and they're gonna play Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes; they're gonna alternate between full Japanese/full English for it.

Gonna be fun to see each of them trying to converse in a language they're not as versed in.

Man if this was a Gawr Gura collab I would be so into it. No disrespect to Calliope, I'm just much more of a Gawr Gura fan and think she'd be perfect for this stream.

What a funny idea for a stream. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is always fun to watch and the cross language communication seems rife for funny moments.

OP
OP
Hailinel

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I can recommend Gawr Gura, her streams are really chill and are very entertaining.

Takanashi Kiara is also really entertaining, and she's trilingual (English/Japanese/German). She recently did a video where she read the German version of Cinderella with English subtitles.

She's also started doing a talk show stream where she intends to interview Japanese members of Hololive for her English viewers.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are god damn miserable on this forum geez, nothing wrong with people liking Vtubers.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Maybe one day gaming side will be able to have a Vtuber thread without people shitting it up and getting banned

But today is not that day

This thread is still going much better than usual though

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Is this thread going to be yet again filled with deranged, lowkey racist boomers complaining about harmless entertainment?
surprisingly no, except the one guy who got thread banned. A pleasant surprise
but that is a very good way of describing them. Deranged lowkey racist boomers
Maybe it's just cause she's speaking in English but if we're gonna be getting vtuber threads could we get some variety than just Korone please? Like, someone post a Pekora thread every once in a while or something.
agree peko

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Though I do not watch V-Tubers (I have only seen clips), I have no problem with them. I think it is good for Korone to try to practice another language.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
She's a YouTuber with an avatar that livestreams.

Had to Google that. I legit thought it was an AI that was programmed in Japanese that somehow was teaching itself English.

Its like a Youtuber/Streamer with a Facecam, but instead of a Real Face its a Virtual 2d/3d Model.

Ah. This must be a new thing. Honestly tech has wildly advanced; it looks like its synced pretty well to the voice (which is why I thought it was some weird TV show).

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Takanashi Kiara is also really entertaining, and she's trilingual (English/Japanese/German). She recently did a video where she read the German version of Cinderella with English subtitles.

She's also started doing a talk show stream where she intends to interview Japanese members of Hololive for her English viewers.

She also does German Classes. Wonder how effective they are tho. :D

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Appreciate the recommendations! I'll give them a watch.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Man if this was a Gawr Gura collab I would be so into it. No disrespect to Calliope, I'm just much more of a Gawr Gura fan and think she'd be perfect for this stream.

What a funny idea for a stream. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is always fun to watch and the cross language communication seems rife for funny moments.

I love Gura, but she doesn't have the Japanese chops to pull off a stream that is set for 30 minutes all English and 30 minutes all Japanese. Kiara is too fluent for that one. Calli is the best option for cross language shenanigan.

If you want to see more funny cross language vtuber Keep Talking, here's Kiryu Coco and Omaru Polka. For most of the video Coco insists on doing it in English (she is fluent in both English and Japanese), and Polka has to fumble her way through with her very limited English knowledge. It is great!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Just so you guys who are sick of Korone know, this is the best Japanese-V-tuber-speaking-English clip of all time, and she's not even in it.

Nov 16, 2017
Winnipeg
User Warned - Backseat Modding
Personally, I don't really care about the content itself, but threads discussing v-tubers should be locked (with links deleted) simply because it's straight-up in the same category as people shilling Twitch channels around here. I'm sure there's a dedicated subreddit for each of these folks. This stuff genuinely isn't video game-related and falls into the category of let's players/e-celebs.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I don't really care about the content itself, but threads discussing v-tubers should be locked (with links deleted) simply because it's straight-up in the same category as people shilling Twitch channels around here. I'm sure there's a dedicated subreddit for each of these folks. This stuff genuinely isn't video game-related and falls into the category of let's players/e-celebs.

You enjoy backseat modding?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
???

I am sure I have seen people post clips from twitch streams just fine. I don't think anyone here is shilling, they're just posting clips they find funny and like.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

7cb.gif

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Having gone down the rabbit hole I've narrowed my vtube watching to: Korone and Coco clips, Gawr, Calli and Amelia if I catch them live. But they stream either early morning or late at night usually. Of the non-Hololive variety, Pikamee is my fave.

Sep 12, 2018

Nov 16, 2017
Winnipeg
I am sure I have seen people post clips from twitch streams just fine. I don't think anyone here is shilling; they're just posting clips they find funny and like.

I meant to reply to the person complaining about people being miserable about v-tubers around here, in general, and sharing why that might be (and what I personally think should be done about it). I meant no genuine offense or trolling attempt. I just think this stuff isn't video game-related and should be reserved either for EtcetEra or dedicated communities discussing it.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I meant to reply to the person complaining about people being miserable about v-tubers around here, in general, and sharing why that might be (and what I personally think should be done about it). I meant no genuine offense or trolling attempt. I just think this stuff isn't video game-related and should be reserved either for EtcetEra or dedicated communities discussing it.
They're playing video games.

OP
OP
Hailinel

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You came into this thread specifically to say that this thread should be shut down and all links deleted. What did you honestly expect the reaction to your backseat modding to be?

Nov 16, 2017
Winnipeg
You came into this thread specifically to say that this thread should be shut down and all links deleted. What did you honestly expect the reaction to your backseat modding to be?

I didn't really care about the reaction, I just didn't intend any offense. I'm just sharing what I imagine the sentiment is for people that don't like these threads popping up. You can claim it's video game-related because they're playing video games, but ultimately, these threads contribute nothing to the discussions of video games and are just 100% about v-tubers acting cute (which I think should just be discussed elsewhere). Anyways, I'm done gatekeeping, the original comment was a mistake, clearly.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017