• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
vrawards.aixr.org

Finalists 2020 - VR Awards 2020

2019 Award-worthy individuals and finalists

Winner will be revealed on November 22 2020.

Finalists
Sanzaru Games
– Asgard's Wrath
Stress Level Zero – Boneworks
Cortopia Studios – Down the Rabbit Hole
Valve – Half-Life: Alyx
nDreams – Phantom: Covert Ops
Cloudhead Games – Pistol Whip
Insomniac Games – Stormland
Kluge Interactive – Synth Riders
Fast Travel Games – The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
Fireproof Studios Ltd – The Room VR: A Dark Matter
Skydance Interactive – The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
Schell Games – Until You Fall

Man, lots of great VR titles but Half-Life: Alyx is exceptional. The bar has certainly been raised. If you have a VR headsets, definitely get all of these titles. Especially Phantom: Covert Ops, BONEWORKS and Asgard's Wrath.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really gotta try Saints and Sinners, huh. I own it, just... I'm not done with Alyx yet lol

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I've only played a handful of these. Will need to check out some of the others but it's hard to see anything but Alyx taking this. Had an incredible time with it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how Alyx isn't the clear winner here. Like, it's not even a contest. It's leagues ahead of everything else and I like a lot of VR stuff.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Alyx will win...

...but Pistol Whip deserves it too :)

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Phantom Covert Ops going to come to PSVR?

I didn't even know that it had released on PC. I am surprised that Jeff did not talk about it on the Bombcast.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Half Life will take it but lots of good competition there. I'd be hard pressed to pick a number 2.

Is Phantom Covert Ops going to come to PSVR?

I didn't even know that it had released on PC. I am surprised that Jeff did not talk about it on the Bombcast.
It's an Oculus Studios published game so no.

EDIT: I take that back! It was always presented like an Oculus Studios game but it's nDreams published so I imagine it just has an exclusivity period and could come to other platforms after.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It's only July and Iron Man VR just came out, like wha..?

I suspect Alyx will take this.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was particularly good or interesting about Saints & Sinners? it just seemed like another zombie shooting gallery to me, so I never looked into it that much.

Does it support the Aim controller? I might consider picking it up if there's a sale on the PSN store.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was particularly good or interesting about Saints & Sinners? it just seemed like another zombie shooting gallery to me, so I never looked into it that much.

Does it support the Aim controller? I might consider picking it up if there's a sale on the PSN store.

It plays like an immersive sim (different ways to accomplish your goals, light rpg elements, etc). I thought it was great, but I played it on an Index. I can't speak to the quality of the PSVR port.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Oculus is really killing it... lots of exclusives and timed exclusives on there.

Anyone play Asgard's Wrath? I've told myself I'll get it on sale, but never see it on sale.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So far Echo Arena, The Room and Hyper Dash have been my go to VR titles on Quest.

Since two of the games aren't on there I'm gonna vote for The Room.

Probably the most immersive VR game I own. Top notch production.

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Oculus is really killing it... lots of exclusives and timed exclusives on there.

Anyone play Asgard's Wrath? I've told myself I'll get it on sale, but never see it on sale.

I completed it in around 40 hours and had a good time. I found it a little repetitive but the constant hero and pet companion unlocks keep things feeling fresh. The change in the scale of the world is a really cool mechanic. Decent environments and production values, not Alyx levels but good for VR.

My big complaint is that I'm not a big fan of melee combat in VR in general but this is a personal preference thing. Early on I switched the difficulty to casual so I wouldn't have to worry about timing parries which helped.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Alyx obviously takes this but that shouldn't take away from some of other games nominated. That's a super strong list. Games like Asgard's Wrath, Stormland, Saints & Sinners...

It's a really really great list of games (I mean, obviously, it's a GOTY list)

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of great games here, some I still have to play.

Alyx is probably what I'd give it to, but Pistol Whip is incredible and Boneworks was super, super engaging for me.