• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm beyond confused. The game didn't already have vr? I remember the reveal it had a guy with move controllers making stuff in a 3D space...

Nov 2, 2018
I can't wait for Time Crisis, someone's already made rail shooters so it's a matter of time.

Also, Dreams Horror is my life moving forward. Seriously can't wait.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Ok so smoke weed and then play Dreams in VR? Wow, this will be amazing. (Legal where I am....)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Being able to create VR content outside of VR is great. Likely means that at lest logic-wise it shouldn't be too different from regular Dreamshaping, although I really need to know how they will manage to make Dreams run at 60FPS when most have trouble reaching it. I guess agressive dynamic res and a more limited thermo.

I'm beyond confused. The game didn't already have vr? I remember the reveal it had a guy with move controllers making stuff in a 3D space...
You could use the Moves to sculpt since day 1, but not in VR.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
That create mode really needed VR - there was a huge learning curve with the moves just trying to associate your hands with the 3d space on the 2d screen. Being able to just reach in and drag and drop would be a massive improvement. Just hope the moves are up to the task and they do it well.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That create mode really needed VR - there was a huge learning curve with the moves just trying to associate your hands with the 3d space on the 2d screen. Being able to just reach in and drag and drop would be a massive improvement. Just hope the moves are up to the task and they do it well.

This is an interesting point. They mention in the blog you don't need to create in VR - you can create outside but still view in VR. I guess the opposite is true too - eg using VR for sculpting with moves may be simpler/more natural than outside of VR, even if you're not planning to use the assets in a VR dream

Jun 1, 2018
Because of the gyrometer, you can not only choose to move forward, backward, left and right , but also up and down.
Try that with a mouse.
www.theverge.com

This mouse has an accelerometer, gyroscope, 50 buttons, and an OLED display to make you the ultimate gamer

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
ROTFL at this gif posted by MM on their Trello Roadmap site regarding VR announcement:

Hecta_Hot_Fire300.gif

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
I'm sure the moves will work fine, especially since 3D sculpting w/moves works so well in Rec Room. It's going to be a game changer just in that aspect of creation alone.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see what gets made in this. I should really fire Dreams up and start trying to make stuff to get ready for it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for someone to put 100s of hours into making virtual worlds like all of Hogwarts, or even some tourist place. It's what Im most hopeful for

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Looks really nicely fleshed out. and lol at the rake VR.

I tested an early version about 12 months ago and it was already really solid. Building your own worlds in VR and then walking around them is honestly pretty mind blowing. And I was really surprised how comfortable it was - this was just slapping myself in a basic puppet and running around but I didn't feel sick or uncomfortable at all - and I'm not someone that can handle strange motion in VR.
What was image quality like? I'm worried it's going to be a blurry mess like No Man's Sky was.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I'm going to re-create my bedroom, then slip the headset onto my wife's head while she sleeps. She's going to wake up and see some real horror shit. That'd work, right? ;)

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
All I need is someone to make Beat Saber VR in dreams and the songs be added by the community since Sony and Beat Saber don't allow custom songs making, this could be my saving grace.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Wow. Wow wow wow. Looks great and they've built proper content and tutorials for it, woo. For some reason I expected something more of a barebones approach but it looks fully featured. This totally changes Dreams for me. Cannot wait to see what people do with this. Might even try and jump back in to creating, I couldn't get along with it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've never been able to get the hang of sculpting with the moves, so hopefully this'll help me out. Everything feels like it should be inverted, even though I understand why it's like it is, but actually being able to see it in VR should help.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be the most insane VR experience on any platform. I can't wait to see the stuff people come up with.

You couldn't have a more perfect platform for experimenting with VR play styles and mechanics.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhh nice. This is such a niche of a niche though.

Love LBP and MM but as a real programmer there's little incentive for me to actually create stuff in dreams. Wish they would add the option to actually export some stuff like music or 3d models.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017

This is why I played with the controls but never could put in a ton of time because it would be so hard being both in 2d and 3d at the same time. I hope you can bring in reference photos

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
Ohhhh nice. This is such a niche of a niche though.

Love LBP and MM but as a real programmer there's little incentive for me to actually create stuff in dreams. Wish they would add the option to actually export some stuff like music or 3d models.
I think there is a good amount of people who want to create using high level tools but don't want to be in the industry.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017