• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Won't change until the country goes through some serious pain, unfortunately. Either in the coming decade or certainly by the time climate change starts killing hundreds or thousands. And only if people aren't (again) complicit in letting Republicans weasel out of taking the blame.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt matter when one side cares about only winning, and the other side can't muster the majority to get out and vote every election, every time.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lately I can't stop thinking about Al Franken stepping down for harassment, and then the Republicans going on to ram a full on rapist into the supreme court. Like, I'm glad Franken did step down, but it does highlight how the two parties are operating under completely different rules.

Oct 25, 2017
Conservative politics were objectively wrong, but people didn't like being told that. They found by allying with other wrong groups like religious fundimentalists, gun nuts, and more recently neo-confederates, neo-nazis, incels and whatnot they could form an effective voting coalition. They don't like each other, but they are very consistent about party above all else to move forward because otherwise they risk total domination. Democrats and Indepentants refuse to do that partly because many of thier ideals are acceptable, it's just the degree to which they get pushed.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Lately I can't stop thinking about Al Franken stepping down for harassment, and then the Republicans going on to ram a full on rapist into the supreme court. Like, I'm glad Franken did step down, but it does highlight how the two parties are operating under completely different rules.

This seriously. There is a serious power imbalance when one side is governing themselves by morality and the other isn't.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
i'm not nearly as extreme about things as many(most?) people on this forum,I read comments on threads and am often just left shaking my head

but I honestly consider the Republican party to be pretty damn close to just straight up being a domestic terrorist group at this point

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
The Republicans have control of all 3 branches of government. They certainly don't think anything is broken. I guess except for Lindsay Graham who got angry at democrats during the Kavanaugh hearing.

Oct 30, 2017
Both sides arguments are just so damn palatable for the common audience. Saying both parties suck is just so uncontroversial to most audiences. You appear fair, inoffensive, and likeable.

So if you try to point this shit out, people in the both sides corner just think you're the same as the extreme right. Frustrating as hell.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the same bullshit rules and civility argument Democrats can't stop making. Politics is exercise of power, and little else.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say so. It's a representative democracy after all. Democrats don't want a sexual harassers to represent them. The majority of Republicans don't care.

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
It's not broken, they've just won on every level. Their side comes out to vote and they have the massive Fox News and other conservative media with one goal in mind.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
All these recent terror attacks have been incited by the rhetoric from the left

That's what Republicans and Fox News have been saying

Both sides!!

We're fucked and Mitch McConnell is human garbage

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Not really an apples/oranges comparison. Kavanaugh getting rammed through is just another unfortunate product of Republicans having a Senate majority. If people didn't want Trump to make court appointments they should have turned out for the Democrats in 2016.

A better point of comparison would be that right around the time Franken's harassment scandal came out, Roy Moore was outed as a pedophile and that motherfucker lost. In Alabama.

The only people who can hold the Republican Party accountable are us.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
"Both sides" was also how Trump won, how often did you hear people say that there was no good choice on the ballot

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, absolutely. Despite all the coverage of the Tea Party rallies, people really slept on the amount of legwork the tea party was putting into getting representatives in local and state seats. They really took a hold of the conversation in a way people didn't seem to grasp. By the time the Republican Primary happened in 2016, the damage was done and you could see it.

You could say that Republican ideology has been flawed since inception, or at least since Reagan, and you'd be right. But what I'm talking about is a whole different brand of stubborn impossibility that really caught steam under Obama. I think it has to do with Bush being a downright terrible president and conservatives looking for more radical solutions to rationalize the failures.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
what i learned watching this video

republicans are more principled than democrats and are willing to do a lot more to advance their agenda

Oct 31, 2017
i'm not nearly as extreme about things as many(most?) people on this forum,I read comments on threads and am often just left shaking my head

but I honestly consider the Republican party to be pretty damn close to just straight up being a domestic terrorist group at this point

"The republicans are close to being a straight up domestic terror group but man most(!) of the people on this forum are more extreme!!!!!1"

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
Won't change until the country goes through some serious pain, unfortunately. Either in the coming decade or certainly by the time climate change starts killing hundreds or thousands. And only if people aren't (again) complicit in letting Republicans weasel out of taking the blame.
Climate change will bring war opportunities and massive immigration of refugees: The Republicans are looking forward to it. Not only will they not accept any blame, they'll also present themselves as the only way to survive it.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
what i learned watching this video

republicans are more principled than democrats and are willing to do a lot more to advance their agenda
All you have to do is enter threads with one poll that shows positivity for Trump or Republicans. All the hot takes and craven negativity is pretty mad.

Defeatist attitude permeates Democrats. Never mind looking for the perfect candidate.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
All you have to do is enter threads with one poll that shows positivity for Trump or Republicans. All the hot takes and craven negativity is pretty mad.

Defeatist attitude permeates Democrats. Never mind looking for the perfect candidate.
Hun that's not what I meant. The republicans are evil. But they're an evil who know how to strategize and operate effectively

It's 2018 and Democrats are still asking "but how r we gunna pay for it???" While the republicans pass trillion dollar tax cuts and aim to cut social security and Medicare

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone thinking Trump was the beginning needs to hit the books and see he was the goal.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Republicans are mostly scared, white men. Afraid of everything, including their own shadow. Without their racism, guns, and constantly self-reassured superiority - they're terrified.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

One party tries to do the right thing.

One party is paid to do the wrong thing.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
I hope to see the day where the GOP is held accountable for their actions, but i have a feeling that'll be around the time humanity has to come to terms for the damage we've done to this planet and it'll be too late.

I've heard it said before that the republican political strategy is "rule by ruin". Republicans are terrified of the government actually serving the people as a whole because it would show people government is both necessary and can be a great force for good. More people would become politically engaged and vote in politicians who actually serve the interest of the public. And that would torpedo government being used as a mechanism to fleece the country and fill the coffers of the rich.

In that sense it is all according to plan. Breaking politics and polarizing everything paralyzes the government. Which in turn leads the average person to think the government is useless.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Has been happening since forever. Let's not forget they were originally the Democratic party before they switched names and spread confusion throughout the electorate. This is the party that originated from Confederate slave owners.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
The Confederacy is a cancer that we didn't stamp out when we should have. It just changes its name.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
While we're on the topic of fixing the USA's politics: Conservative parties should be Blue, Progressive parties should be Red. Stop being weird about it.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
There's decent conservatives out there, but the Republicans, who have a monopoly on conservatism in the two-party system, are scum.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I've always seen the media as the major problem. As pointed out in that video they always play the both sides game so Republicans can keep getting away with their crap over and over again.

Democrats will have to start playing the long game if they want to win.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this headline sounds strange when everyone I know feels like Trump has thrown the country into a death spiral

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
A lot of people have been admitting this for a very long time. Racist, greedy GOP voters just didn't give a fuck.

When your base wants you to destroy the government from within, and that allows you to destroy the systems that keep you and your rich friends from capitalizing even further on an economy you're responsible for crippling, what are you gonna do?

If they weren't so cartoonishly evil and racist I'd almost say I couldn't blame the GOP for doing what they've done.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
They've broken more than that. They've successfully shifted the Overton window to the point where even on this "left leaning echo chamber" we have people able to say that a child being beaten by the police is acceptable and keep their posting privileges.

They are able to deflect and project everything they do onto the Democrats and cry about "fake news" all while exclusively listening to Fox News for all of their talking points.

Somehow the left are NPCs while they regurgitate the same talking points about minorities being the source of not only their own ills, but the ills of the poor hardworking white folks.

This is why I get so incensed at both sides talking points. When one side is trying to kill me, the other side is not even in the same ballpark.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Let's be blunt. Republicans are laughing their asses off and clinking drinks over us basically doing their work for them with Franken, and then them getting Kavanaugh in.

The only way this is all worth it is if we win in a big way next week.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Its the medias fault as the video describes....

24/7 news coverage yet everybody is fucking spineless and weak and can't call out the truth if it hit them with a brick