• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
That's brilliant, probably better than all the Project Lincoln attack ads.

Keep going for the kill. Don't let up, and let him gaslight this away.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just had to do a search for Benedict Arnold.

And yet that guy is still more respectable than Donald because he went to war instead of staying home and claiming bone spurs, while insulting actual soldiers.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great ad for targeting older voters for whom Benedict Arnold is a more well-known figure...

... but it's also just awesome overall.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Press: "What do you make of this ad and the comparison between you and Benedict Arnold?"

Trump: "I think it's totally wrong and I think they are the real traitors. You know, Arnold... Actually, Arnold Schwarzenegger took over The Apprentice after I became president. They thought it was gonna be so great. 'Oh, the ratings are gonna be through the roof! We're gonna get the best ratings of any show on any network in the history of American television!' Or any television, really. I made American television as big as it is now. Before me, people weren't watching TV very much. They would just do something else. They thought, 'TV is boring. It's boring. There's nothing I want to watch because I don't like any of those people.' With the exception of, maybe, sports. And even then, you should just watch... If I were to show up... If I were to even just show up, not even play... Even though I could, I have tremendous football skills. But if I were to even just show up, just show up, the ratings would explode and people would go, 'I've never seen anything like this. Never seen anything like this. It's unbelievable.' And I think, you know, everybody was wrong. They thought they could replace me, but I can't be replaced. It doesn't work like that. So I think this ad is just very bad for our country and they really should just take it down."

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Press: "What do you make of this ad and the comparison between you and Benedict Arnold?"

Trump: "I think it's totally wrong and I think they are the real traitors. You know, Arnold... Actually, Arnold Schwarzenegger took over The Apprentice after I became president. They thought it was gonna be so great. 'Oh, the ratings are gonna be through the roof! We're gonna get the best ratings of any show on any network in the history of American television!' Or any television, really. I made American television as big as it is now. Before me, people weren't watching TV very much. They would just do something else. They thought, 'TV is boring. It's boring. There's nothing I want to watch because I don't like any of those people.' With the exception of, maybe, sports. And even then, you should just watch... If I were to show up... If I were to even just show up, not even play... Even though I could, I have tremendous football skills. But if I were to even just show up, just show up, the ratings would explode and people would go, 'I've never seen anything like this. Never seen anything like this. It's unbelievable.' And I think, you know, everybody was wrong. They thought they could replace me, but I can't be replaced. It doesn't work like that. So I think this ad is just very bad for our country and they really should just take it down."
holy shit lmao

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Scarily perfect. Bravo.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

Top tier trump-post

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Post of the month right here.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds

Christ this feels like an actual press release from the Bunker Baby himself

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017

I legitimately wondered for a second if this might be real.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017

Aside from missing some adjectives, e.g., amazing, incredible, beautiful, disaster, and etc. A few other expressions like, "nobody knew", "believe me", this is pretty damn spot on.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Can we get like a monthly up vote, u get one a month to use? I mean I would just come back to this post and up vote it every month

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Benedict Donald is PERFECT.

I could see that one getting under his skin. Apparently he hates his own first name, hence why he is so obsessed with being called mister trump in all his fantasies. So this is a double whammy.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
American political ads are fucking wild. Just American advertising in general.

I remember here in the UK when Fox News was available, around 2003 so you can imagine what the Iraq War was like. I was young at the time but I was put off by the Movie Trailer type voiceovers being DRAMATIC all the time.

Thing is with this advert, is that the Trump-Russia connection, along with all the insideous shit that's happened, has been talked about a lot over the past few years, and rightfully so, but I think a lot of people think "Huh, boring" and tune it out.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

going to jump onto the bandwagon of people praising how scarily accurate this is.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Lmao!! This could have been a direct quote.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's an email I got about this ad:

CaptureBenedictDonald.PNG

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017

If this was a real quote, he definitely wouldn't have arrived back to the point of the original question at the end. Otherwise, A+!

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA

You had me for a minute.... I almost had to go back to remember what the original question was, and then it reminded me by bringing it back around in the response. That's when I knew it was a near flawless fake. 👏🏾

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
all these anti-Donalds are good but as someone who doesn't have cable or watch TV, are they even airing in the battleground states?
Project Lincoln seems to put out a lot of ads. But are they being seen by people?

Mar 30, 2019
Benedict Donald is PERFECT.

I could see that one getting under his skin. Apparently he hates his own first name, hence why he is so obsessed with being called mister trump in all his fantasies. So this is a double whammy.
Well, now I'm waiting for the Lame Donald Duck hashtag. I'll let other, more creative people, to refine it to a hilarious edge.

Edit: I'm super late to the party ah well.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
all these anti-Donalds are good but as someone who doesn't have cable or watch TV, are they even airing in the battleground states?
Project Lincoln seems to put out a lot of ads. But are they being seen by people?
Project Lincoln is being very surgical about these ads. Someone mentioned how they focused on some area on DC that basically forced Trumps campaign to waste money on campaigning on. I think it was in the other Project Lincoln thread.

Found it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pr...ding-body-blows-on-trump.223123/post-36327013

One other benefit of these is what the Daily Beast reported today. The Trump campaign just made a $400,000 ad buy in Washington DC. Washington DC has 3 electoral college votes. Nearby Virginia and Maryland are going to be easily carried by Biden. DC itself is going to vote like 90% or more for Biden. The ad buy makes no sense .....

except...

It's a counter to the few thousand dollars that Lincoln Project spent running ads in one zip code, 20006, which has a tiny number of permanent residents.... But one particular resident, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Lincoln Project ran that "Mourning in America" ad at 10PM in zip code 20006, one one station, Fox News, during the HAnnity and Carlson hours. One American saw it, Donald Trump, and immediately took to twitter to rage tweet about it and as soon as he did, the video got tens of millions of views on YouTube.

SO now, Brad Parscale and Jared Kushner are spending half a mil running Trump ads in DC just so that Donald Trump thinks they're countering Lincoln project ads. It's so hilarious. There's nothing tactical behind it.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

giphy.gif

bravo btw I honestly thought that was an actual quite from traitor lol

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017

This is perfect except I don't think Trump ever actually circles back to the topic at hand

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
That footage of Trump with the eagle is the gift that keeps on giving.