• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wikzo

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Looks like a cool hand-crafted adventure game inspired by Unravel and Inside

8f733fe4d549a09f49a32fa64309a046_original.gif

040f97c9fb6b8eaa8ebf071f3d25f6dc_original.gif

655c31aba0a942592f037808288d2f55_original.gif

1532b6c991e9bf2e01ab621364a0dc96_original.gif

The art style looks beautiful. Reminds me of old puppet films I watched as a kid.

Apparently, they recently had a succesful Kickstarter and now also have an Indiegogo campaign.

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
This looks so amazing and unique visually. I really love what they did here, I'm still trying to wrap my head how they managed to keep the stop motion look while the game is still in 3D & lit in Unity.

OP
OP
Wikzo

Wikzo

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I'm still trying to wrap my head how they managed to keep the stop motion look while the game is still in 3D & lit in Unity.
Yeah! I think one of the developers talked a bit about that in the livestream today (haven't been able to find a link to the video yet). It seems kind of bonkers to use such an old-school technique (stop motion) for an interactive medium. No matter how they made it work, it definitely gives the game its own unique feel and personality!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Looks really damn cool. It's a shame there aren't many stop motion titles, as they always look so striking.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
this and harold halibut and cuphead might be some of the most dauntingly impressive games out there

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
This looks super good. Neverhood was such a pretty game back in the day, so this is cool to see.

OP
OP
Wikzo

Wikzo

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Sounds like language is going to be a big part of the narrative:

Vokabulantis is a love-driven co-op platformer adventure. The game is inspired by games like Inside, Unravel and Little Nightmares, yet it's made by hand.

You enter Vokabulantis just as Kurt and Karla are about to say, what they feel for one another.

Actually they've just found themselves stuck in that moment unable to get a word out, and then suddenly they are thrown into Vokabulantis.

- https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vokabulantis#/

ovz6kexy0gtm8k3ucocl.jpg

This is a stop-motion game with a unique look. From developers Wired Fly Stop Motion, Kong Orange and Morten Søndergaard, the game is built with handmade sets and by taking photos of characters in different lighting. The characters look nimble and realistic as they navigate a dilapidated building. But they don't have mouths and don't speak, which is presumably an important plot point in the game. There's still no release date and we hear the game is a few years out from launch.

- https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2021/06/10/day-of-the-devs-indie-games/

And co-op!

kjpxhplqfkoos8rs22hj.png

zynrsjyo8nebzulwmazc.png

Jan 3, 2018
This looks so amazing and unique visually. I really love what they did here, I'm still trying to wrap my head how they managed to keep the stop motion look while the game is still in 3D & lit in Unity.

I didn't watch the whole video but it looks like the gameplay is 2D? Dunno about the lighting though.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
I kickstarted the shit out of this when it first came up. Dig the style, and love stop motion in general, so I think this could be something special.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
The problem of this game is that even the camera movement seems to move in stop motion... I don't know if it's intended or the game runs just at a poor framerate for now but the final release NEED the camera to move at a constant framerate/tickrate, otherwise is would be a chore to play.