• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I literally stopped playing Alan Wake cause I thought Alan's voice was trying to hard to sound like a sophisticated artist and it was annoying me

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Web of Shadow game also has a hilarious Spider-man

(6:26 for a good example)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Paimon from Genshin Impact is pretty much the textbook example of a voice actress trying way way too hard.

Like I imagine the character is intentionally annoying but my god.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I literally stopped playing Alan Wake cause I thought Alan's voice was trying to hard to sound like a sophisticated artist and it was annoying me
For me it was Barry Wheeler that nearly made me quit that game. I mean, I know Alan Wake is essentially just pop-culture-reference Scrapple, but the really broad, obvious Faux Pesci performance just pulled me out of the atmosphere whenever he showed up.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Storm in X-Men the Animated series really goes in on a lot of her lines to an absurd degree, but thats hinestly part of what makes her character so memorable.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
How about when overacting can transcend into greatness?

I still contend that this is James Earl Jones greatest villainous performance...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love Christopher Daniel Barnes's as Spider-Man in that show, but yeah, obviously a ridiculous moment.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When I read the thread title, my mind went to Cobra Commander.

I had to pinch my nose and stop the video intermittently to stop myself from bursting at work.

"No pomegranates" lady was also acting, if I'm not mistaken. But I don't think 'overacting' is entirely the right word to use in her case, since the acting is phenomenal. Cobra Commander just reminded me of it.

Last edited: