• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

This is insane! I always wanted something like this as a kid! It's insane to see this is finally real. That said, the price is too high. It's $700. Besides transforming, he moves and speaks. It's also 19 inches tall. It's also a remote controlled car. It's pretty freaking insane.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Call me when it is Headmaster Ginrai with Super God Bomber

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
My thought process watching the video.
  1. I want it.
  2. I can't afford it.
  3. I have no-where to put it.
  4. That lady is enthusiastic.

Last edited:

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
That's neat, but as a kid my favorite thing was to transform them by hand. Kind of like a puzzle.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I kind of want it. I think my kid would adore it.

But I'm not American, so Hasbro won't sell it to me. Ah well.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah that is really cool. I want one. But, I'd pay maybe $200 for something like that, 300 tops. I guess I'm waiting a bit.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That's really cool! I'd probably buy it if I were a Transformers fan and had enough space for it lol. And for a bit less, yeah.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was literally going to be committed to buying this until that price tag.

HELLS NO

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
$700 is a lot for something that's just going to die and stop working.
You're in luck, they did release this recently for $50.

91RrGyRyhuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

(I didn't get this myself, too traumatic for me to own lol)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well this is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever badly wanted to purchase. I won't, but I sure as hell want to.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of annoys me that after transforming he's facing the opposite direction he was pointing when he was the truck. You can't have him sitting on a shelf and have him transform and be able to see his face.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Of course I ordered this. I'm Hasbro's little bitch. $700 is steep, but there's a lot of technology in there and he is a BIG boy.

I wish there wasn't the plate right behind his head but regardless, holy fuck, that is rad.

Edit: Hm, maybe that plate is removable?

In some photos you can see that the plate seemingly folds down behind his head, it just doesn't do so automatically.

Oct 27, 2017
i was actually considering dropping $700 on a robot recently, tell me, does this one also vacuum and mop my floors?

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I want this sooo bad. It looks amazing. My wife would obviously kill me at $700, but it's just so awesome. When I retire in 30 years, this will be my retirement present for myself (or a real life one if we are there tech wise).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think I'd be okay with the $700 price tag if he could open up his chest, pull the Matrix of Leadership out, and hold it up with The Touch playing out of his speakers. Maybe a "Till All Are One" in there, too.

But as is, nope.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more impressed they have a breathing animation for him.

lol
Roll out
...let's roll
Roll out
...let's roll
Roll out
...let's roll.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
That intricate 700 dollar toy with a lot of mechanical moving parts is uncomfortably close to that ledge bruh

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I guessed at least 2000 bucks. Very impressive. The video does not show him turning into the truck though. I wonder if he cant.

Oct 26, 2017
I guessed at least 2000 bucks. Very impressive. The video does not show him turning into the truck though. I wonder if he cant.

He can. Hasbro's presentation here (starts at 30 mins in after regular toys - they do still make those):

I mean, it's rough but that's not the point. I had no idea a commercial toy robot at that size could even have motors strong enough to lift itself, even if it's cleverly supporting itself through the transformation. I mean, does any company have anything comparable? Like, I saw the RoboHon live five years ago and it was cool, but it looks like ancient tech compared to this.