• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard Jamieson Price in a million different roles but I still picture Kato from Shadow Hearts 2 every time.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nolan Drake...
No wait! Desmond North...
I MEANT Nathan Miles...!!!

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yuri Lowenthal but not as who'd you'd expect

The Prince of Persia VG wise and Sasuke anime wise.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
When I heard Noel from FF13-2 talk I only heard Max Goof (Jason Marsden)

When I heard Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia and Zephyr from Resonance of Fate I only heard Robin from Teen Titans ( Scott David Menville)

So I was not able to take any of these games seriously. lol

Champy99

Jul 14, 2020
I know Keith David has been in a million different things, but every time I hear his voice, its Captain Anderson. Watching Adventure Time, I kept expecting the Flame King to mention the Normandy or turians or something.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
It used to be Ashly Burch as Chloe but I also tend to associate her voice with Parvati now.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scott Menville will forever be Robin from Teen Titans to me. When I heard him as Lloyd Irving in Tales of Symphonia, I was floored at how well his voice fit the character, and I can't accept Lloyd without the voice of Robin.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Troy Baker is just Troy Baker, in every game.

All except Joel and Joker. He peaked back in 2013. Been phoning it in on his default performance ever since.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love Cassandra Lee Morris's work, but I heard so much of her Morgana from my P5 runs that it's hard to separate them lol

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Blake Ritson as Sir Aymeric in FFXIV. Heard him in Dark Souls 3 and couldn't unhear Sir Aymeric.

MrChocolate

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Akio Otsuka will always be Snake for me. I was playing Ghost the other day and it fucking hit me like a wall of bricks... Lord Shimura is Snake...? How the hell didn't I notice it before.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Any time I hear John DiMaggio as Marcus Fenix or any other character, I just hear Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible.

Also, with Liam O'Brien, I only ever hear Grimoire Weiss from Nier, such a recognizable and perfect casting choice. I seriously hope he'll be in the remaster/remake

Maybe Nolan North as Richtofen from COD Zombies, even though the voice for that character is different from the voices of his other characters, I can still hear a trace of it in a lot of Nolan North characters

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Every time I hear a character voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama I say, "hey, that's Link", especially since he has voiced a bunch of fighting game characters that grunt and yell almost as much as Link.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I couldn't tell you which game I heard Troy Baker in first, so I just equate all of his roles as him because their voices are identical.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Yuri lowenthal will always be yosuke for me

And by proxy I hate every character voiced by yuri lowenthal
And there are many

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Separating Nolan North from Nate is always super hard, do love when he does other voices though as he has amazing range, probably the actor I've most gone "wait that was him", David from TLoU probably the biggest one, as never would've guess that and there's no computer modulation or over the top accent there, like a few of his more out there roles.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm now replaying Yakuza: Like A Dragon with the English voices, Will Yun Lee voices Ryo Aoki, but I ever time I hear him speaking it's Wei Shen in my head because of that distinctive voice, one of his biggest gaming roles before this.

When I saw the thread title this exact thought popped in to my head, Also whenever I hear Greg Chun speak as Namba I just hear Yagami from Judgement.

Oct 27, 2017
Matt Mercer as Chrom, I guess. For the longest time I thought (SMT4) Walter's "I'll end it thus!" was a quote from Chrom.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Nolan North, Troy Baker, Laura Bailey and Travis Whillingham.

Unfortunately I can picture all of them in the recording booth everytime they speak in any game now lol

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Robin Atkin Downes... aka Travis Touchdown/Miller

I think I mostly like Miller's character in MGS because all I can think of of Travis Touchdown...

such a good voice IMHO

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I know that Gideon Emery sounds similar in a lot of his roles, but for some reason I will always hear Devrim Kay from Destiny 2 as Fenris from Dragon Age 2.

kvxrjuq1itw21.png

As

maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Yuri Lowenthal is Yosuke to me. Pretty cool to hear Yosuke in both Spider-Man and Hitman.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Spike Spiegel, Steve Blum, pops up in a lot of games. Mostly as extras or minor characters in the games I play it seems, but every time I think "oh that's Spike."

Last edited:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Fucking Belethor from Skyrim or Stephen Russell if you'd rather. Any other game I hear him in and I am all oh fuck its Belethor, which includes his other voice roles in Skyrim smh - see Mercer Frey / Clavicus Vile / Barbas / Cynric Endell / Belethor / Mallus Maccius / Alain Dufont / Andurs / Boethiah Cultist / Braig / Captain Valmir / Dark Brotherhood Initiate / Endrast / Enthir / Erikur / Fallon / Jesper / Kodrir / Lemkil / Lucan Valerius / Madanach / Malthyr Elenil / Molgrom Twice-Killed / Nobleman / Orini Dral / Emperor Pelagius Septim III the Mad / Pelagius the Suspicious / Pelagius the Tormented / Sarthis Idren / self - Doubt / Sibbi Black-Briar / Sild the Warlock / Sorex Vinius / Stig Salt-Plank / Viarmo / Arch-Curate Vyrthur.

Now of course he is talented and can do other voices such as Clavicus where you don't hear Belethor but boy Bethesda hire more VO. One day I'll play the Thief games and the Universe will shrink in on itself.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Specifically Skull Face in MGSV. In general everyone sounds like someone you vaguely remember from Skyrim.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
Simon Templeman . I heard him in Uncharted games , mass effect, diablo3 , darksiders ..but he will always be Kain to me !!

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Troy Baker was the most recent one which I think is obvious to most gamers. His Joel impression will remain his best cause I can't tell it's him mostly(probably cause of the knowledge that I know it's him). When he played Krieger in Miles Morales, all I could hear is Sam from Uncharted 4, Delsin from Infamous SS, Higgs from Death Stranding, Booker from Bioshock Infinite, Bruce Banner in Marvel Avengers and many more roles.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Carina Reeves plays Tataru in FF14 and I cannot unhear Fiora from Xenoblade.

The thing is Tataru's lines are kind of few and far between so I don't have a chance to get used to her, whenever she does briefly speak it's like being hit with a sudden dose of Fiora.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing Peace Walker for the first time a few months ago and I couldn't unhear Kaz Miller as Travis Touchdown.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Whenever someone snags Mark Hanill it's because they want the Joker to voice the character.