• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sadly this isn't the worst slur that's been hurled at Amanda over social media by anime "fans" over the years...

Frankly, I'm willing to give just about anyone a pass for poor choice of words if they're going to bat for Monica against a rabid cult of Vic loyalists.

What did she do to piss Eva fans off?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Little confused about Monica's tweet, is she saying that she was also sexually harassed/assaulted by Vic or is it a more general "I've been sexually assaulted and stand with all victims who've faced similar"?

What did she do to piss Eva fans off?

Took some creative liberties with how she directed the End of Eva dub. So, nothing that really matters.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Honestly between her voicing Yukiko Amagi and her avatar being Yukiko, I can now almost picture Yukiko saying all of these things. In a good way haha.

She's seems awesome and these people are just horrible.

Her being in Blue Seed is what I most fondly remember her for. It was one of my first real anime shows I watched (not mainstream or Americanized). That and Rally Vincent in Gunsmith Cats. I was so dismayed when she bowed out of voice acting when her son was deadly ill.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Oh my fucking god...

Didn't know that happened to her.

Now I feel double bad, from that revelation and that motherfucking reply.

And of course they have a anime avatar (though in this situation isn't terrible shocking). I love my drawings, they aren't the best, but honestly they're anime enough that I feel like I should just change it. I really don't want to be accidentally associated with this shit.

If it wasn't anime, it would have been videogames or comics or sports. This isn't exclusive to the medium, a piece of shit stinks wherever you find it.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I started reporting people harassing now. Should probably have started earlier but well. Even if twitter does nothing, at least I tried reporting it :/

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I started reporting people harassing now. Should probably have started earlier but well. Even if twitter does nothing, at least I tried reporting it :/
They've started wising up to that. I've been seeing a lot of accounts with no avatar, created this month, and with lots of numbers in their handle popping up.

Did you guys see this?

It's being posted on other sites.
"SJW lies exposed!"

uh-huh... I'm sure that this is a fair and impartial view on the allegations...

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly it doesn't matter what these idiots say or how big of a stink they raise, i'm willing to be that none of Funimation's or most likely any other Studio's talent is going to be willing to work with Vic anymore, and they aren't going to throw all of that talent under the bus for the benefit of one guy....who isn't even that popular nowadays

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
if Trails/Kiseki has taught me anything. It's that NPCs can be even better than the main cast! More developed in some cases.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I hate the new use of NPC more than most because I had this joke back in school about how some strangers you walk past every day seem similar, like they're all just NPCs reusing the same model to save space. Like the sorority girl you see on the way to class is clearly just using the blonde neighbor's character model. My friends and I occasionally would use it to refer to strangers jokingly. It wasn't particularly funny but damn it it was better than what NPC is used for now.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This XKCD comic is the one I constantly think of when I see that dumb NPC thing used.

sheeple.png

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Vic sucks and I can't stand his voice. I've watched FMA:B like 6 times and I have never watched the dub because I couldn't stand him.

Turns out that was all for good reason.

Romi Park is the true Ed.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Vic sucks and I can't stand his voice. I've watched FMA:B like 6 times and I have never watched the dub because I couldn't stand him.

While Vic sucks I couldn't handle the sub of FMA:B becuase of Romi Parks. Just did not fit the character at all.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I read something so wrong

Sorry, but i just couldn't handle it. When I was waiting for FMA:B to be dubbed I tried to watch the Japanese sub and every voice just failed to land with me.

The cast in the dub of FMA:B, (regardless of Vic) was on point.

(I hope it's obvious that praising the FMA:B isn't somehow excusing of Vic's behavior.)

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, seems the Facebook person saying to create photoshops here:

Is fake. Somebody was impersonating her:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell. I know this person is intentionally being obtuse, but I don't understand how someone could interpret what Amanda said as her hoping for someone to get raped. That's not at all what she was saying. :/
Intellectual dishonesty to sway other people either too stupid or too peripheral to research is a main tactic of that group of people.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

it's funny, I only watched FMA:B subbed as it was coming out, and always meant to go back and revisit the dub.

I've watched the first few episodes but now I'm glad I didn't do a full rewatch. If I ever do it will be subbed for sure, unless they go back and redub Ed for some reason. Art and artist and all that, but I really don't want to hear that creep's voice for 64 episodes.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So, seems the Facebook person saying to create photoshops here:

Is fake. Somebody was impersonating her:

This is so messed up! The person who's being impersonated is being harassed and has posted that she might kill herself. I'm fucking terrified at how bad this is getting, please don't let Vic and his piece of shit supporters take a life...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did and I still no idea what the fuck anime gate is.. or why it's a thing.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It's truly disappointing to hear all this. Edward Elric is one of my favorite anime characters of all time, and the voice acting that Vic performed certainly contributed to that feeling. Edward Elric really just sounded like a real person in ways that most characters do not. It's very unfortunate that such a great voice performance is tarnished for several members of the community by him being such a garbage human being.

This also brings up a moral issue. In most cases, when an individual is blacklisted in an industry, they simply lose money and the companies that still do business with them simply lose some revenue due to public reputation. However, the specific reason that Vic is being turned into a pariah now is because he is sexually molesting and harassing young people and even teenagers. That makes the case to ban him from conventions even more necessary, because to allow Vic to come to their cons is to give him the opportunity to sexually harass teenagers.

I know cons are a business and that means they only think in terms of money, so in most cases, banning vic was more of a matter of "We'll get so much shit by inviting him that it's not worth the lost business compared to cutting him". But I do hope that atleast some con managers looked at that and thought about the fact that they were literally preventing teen sexual abuse by blacklisting him, and that this point gets brought up in discussion when he goes to cons that haven't blacklisted him

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's truly disappointing to hear all this. Edward Elric is one of my favorite anime characters of all time, and the voice acting that Vic performed certainly contributed to that feeling. Edward Elric really just sounded like a real person in ways that most characters do not. It's very unfortunate that such a great voice performance is tarnished for several members of the community by him being such a garbage human being.

This also brings up a moral issue. In most cases, when an individual is blacklisted in an industry, they simply lose money and the companies that still do business with them simply lose some revenue due to public reputation. However, the specific reason that Vic is being turned into a pariah now is because he is sexually molesting and harassing young people and even teenagers. That makes the case to ban him from conventions even more necessary, because to allow Vic to come to their cons is to give him the opportunity to sexually harass teenagers.

I know cons are a business and that means they only think in terms of money, so in most cases, banning vic was more of a matter of "We'll get so much shit by inviting him that it's not worth the lost business compared to cutting him". But I do hope that atleast some con managers looked at that and thought about the fact that they were literally preventing teen sexual abuse by blacklisting him, and that this point gets brought up in discussion when he goes to cons that haven't blacklisted him
Majority of cons withdrew their invitations for him, the only notable one he's going to is anime mitsuri, who's con head has his own issues.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This shit reminds me of Kavanaugh and his shitty Republicans pals. People continue saying 'innocent until proven guilty', and always attack the victims. This is disgusting. This is why many times I hate men with such a passion and the toxic male culture.